• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
1. I like map 2 because it has more interesting things and there are very clear different ways.

2. Make a route and use it, but if I get a sword at the cornucopia go to the place with the chest hordes and kill people there.

3. More distinct land figures on the first map so you can tell where you are going.

4. Enchanted items (low and fair enchantments) in the chests at the cornucopia.

Stormphraxl

Survivor
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
I prefer Map 2. Map 1 Is just too big. I like the landscape but it is just too big too have good games. IF it were half the size, i would prefer it

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Get a 7+ chest run. Get sword and armour - then go to village or ship/castle and kill for iron ingots and armour. Then head to spawn, get the refill and hunt down stragglers
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? Get rid of the long ocean chases in map 1 as if u dont have a boat- they can go on for ages

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Maybe have a Jungle Map? and bring players closer together

guacamole1

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? map 1 because its massive and easy to get lost in, which makes it more fun

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? if possible kill people who get items from the cornucopia then head in the route i previously memorized :3

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? more open areas...i hate being killed in small

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? make cakes work!!! also more traps, i love seeing noobs getting traped >:D

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
I prefer map 2. To me it's the map with the most exciting environment and the most variety in terms of gameplay (covering terrain, combat, etc.)

I don't really play the first map, since i only really play on the 48p servers of MCSG. On map 2 i have a specific (secret) route that i follow that includes 10+ chests, a workbench and going to the middle. I go for the middle in every game since the risk/reward ratio is totally worth it.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
More focus on combat environments. Focusing a lot on jumping/climbing (or "parkouring"). More balanced spread of chests, predictable pattern of workbenches and enchanting tables. Higher reward for hard-to-get chests. As a player that have played A LOT on these servers, climbing on buildings to get chests in SG2 is a complete waste of time, since there's not enough reward for going up there. I suggest either addding 2 levels of chests (corn-like ones on rooftops (i know this is a plugin thing) or simply adding more chests in places like rooftops.

Not sure if this is on your end, but a more exciting lobby in terms of things to do while passing the time.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
4.If it is possiable make it so for every point you get you get half a money. With the money you can choose to be a sponser in a game and send stuff to tributes using the money. This will make it ALOT more realistic and a whole new experience!
This is a no no suggestion, it will be abused.

Stephen Wiebe

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I like the second map because there is a lot more areas to find chests in and to find some chests you kind of have to risk your life.

2. For the first map I usually play with my friend (shinypichu11) and we get one middle chest then run for the bridge because we know of 3 chests that are there then we just search from there on.
For the second map me and my friend got one middle chest then run for the village because we know of a lot of chests that are there, then we go to the church because we know of 3 chests there too. Then we just go from there.

3. I would like there to be a lot more traps like in the first map so that people could die faster. And the games would go on faster.

4. I would like it so that arrows would be more frequent because whenever I get a bow i never get kill anyone using it because I don't have enough arrows. It would also be cool to have sponsors like Alexdude729 said because then when one person dies the sponsor(s) will make the game go by so much quicker but they need the money like Alexdude729 already said

Good luck with new map I can't wait to see it.

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score

Map 2, for a very good reason, because im am not very good (i hope im above average...) i always get amazing gear in map 1 then get lost because everything looks the same, then people get corn and it all goes wrong...

Find a route with a decent amount of chests, always at start get 1 chest at corn, then do the route which hopefully ends in corn before night

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

If the only place with alot of chests in one place would be corn that would be great, because everyone goes for the ship for example

less obvious chests that everyone without even trying can find on their first playthrough without any preparation (excluding corn) making it that luck is a smaller factor of the game because lets be honest its a giant one right now.

and hi :)

NinjaShrimp

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey Vareide

I prefer the 1st map myself, I like the way that it roughly half dense forest and half more open land with the odd building here and there.

Getting a weapon is a must before the first night so rush the corn and get that trigger finger ready and then head on my merry way on one of my few routes (which more then likely involves 2-3 other peeps).

More place's like the island with the house and crafting table on, on the out skirts of the map.
Reduce chests in boat (no need to remove it)

Would be nice to have some traps that you can use to get the slip on people. Eg: A row of trap doors on floor that you can run across while someones chasing you, then you turn push a button and plop the guy chasing you falls into lava(maybe abit harsh), water or a different route.

Herkeless

Tribute
Reaction score
The second. I like the lack of the ship's major supply supply in the first and scattered chests and the second's more spread design. You have several centers of chest clusters, some more known than others. It relies more on knowledge and experience, and less on not getting shot by a skeleton at random. I could go on a bit more, but I'll leave with just the statement that the chest position is much better on the second, and more enjoyable.
Career
Yes, see 1.
Traps.

Thedafool

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favourite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
Map 2 (City scape) for it's sheer size and variety, I feel in the first map there's not a lot of variety in places to go and hide.

Leg it from the start, hit up all the boxes I know of, survive the night. However I find this never works, all people have to do is camp the middle.

Maybe an updated version, bigger with more secrets, more places to run too.

Team games versus solo games. Teams maxed at three players maybe. I know it's part of the ethos. I know it's never going to change. But seriously. This way, both sides win.

Chests in the middle not determining the winner. Even out chest loot or nerf the middle.

Oh and a LOST style map. Island, ship of the coast, secret hatches, polar bear. All that jazz.

Thedafool
Aka
Domo-Ken of TheDandyLumberJack.

Chi369

Spectator
Reaction score
The 2nd map is better IMO as 1 vs. 1 fights are more common and there's more possibilities.
Map 1 - Rush the spawn and run off to the direction of the ship, going to the ship itself or the ruins close by.
Map 2 - Rush the spawn and head to the village. raiding almost every chest and killing anything that stands. Afterwards, collect mushrooms and wait for night.
Not really, except the fact that the maps are a bit too big. It takes too long for the match to end when there are 3 people on one corner of the map. Also, more ruins in Map 1 and more chests in Map 2 (except the village which is full of chests)
Controllable or non-killing traps. Controllable means things such as spawning a single mob with a button to fend off attackers or trapping someone into a place (like FreeFallFun's pink house in Map 2). Non-killing means Re-directioning traps such as a lever dropping the enemy into a hole with water that has an exit far away.

Hope the feedback is useful :D

a3person

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I don't have one, all of they both have their drawbacks. City map has less mysterious puzzles than the nature map but the nature map has more oceans and not enough boats in chests...

2. City map I head north west to the pink house and then the secret chest somewhere. And follow a route with chests. I try to head back at the cornocopia at midnight for chest refill
Jungle map I head east for that boat then the tower nearby then the enchantment table and a random route after that.

3. City map could use more secrets like the jungle map and the jungle map could have more chance to get a boat.

4. Try and use enchants and potions in a way for more strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci