• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synchronization

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? Map 2/City Map. I feel as if it is easier to navigate, and mob control isn't really unwieldy. I do feel, though, that the City Map promotes snowballing, but it also allows people to catch up by grabbing corn chests. The old map is just a bit too big for my liking, and it's really always similar from game to game, as all participants are uniformally equipped due to the lack of diamond.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? 1st map- middle to corn. 2nd map- middle to power plant

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? remove items like flint and steel, and give more arrows/supplies for arrows. less string..

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
points system needs tweaking, fire control, trap creation (redstone), etc.

madmanjr97

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? My favroite map is the 1st map. I perfer this map because of the forest, less lag, usualy lag is not a problem, but in the city map it just dosnt work as well and in the 1st map everything is more open and just plain out better.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? I usualy run away rom the death traps in th emiddle and i go for the chests behind me and try to get as many as i can find.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? Nope.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? Nope.

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Guys, half of your "things" you like to see at the SG are plugin things.
Vareide is just asking what you would like to see at the maps.

aetherX

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
My favorite map is the city map (although I win more often in the pine forest map) because of the variety. So much stuff, so many buildings to explore :) However, I find the lack of chests in most buildings very annoying. The chests layout should be more homogenous and there should not be such big 'hotspots' for chests that take away all the chests from the rest of the map (FreeFallFun house, brick-roof town).

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Map 1: Go to Cornucopia and get a weapon, go to the boat and get a couple of chests along the way, wait for the boat action to die out, go in and kill the winner :) Then, camp the boat and go people murdering :)
Map 2: Same strategy as Map 1, except with the FFF instead of the boat and I camp the Cornucopia because of all the good stuff there is when the chests respawn :)

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
Yes! Map 1 should be either smaller or be more concentrated; the games are WAY too long when there's only 3, 4 or even 5 people left on the map, and it take ages for them to find eachother. Map 2, as I say, should have a more homogenous chest layout.

More traps, more redstone! Makes the maps more dynamic. And for the servers, there shouldn't be such terrible items at the Cornucopia in Map 1 (Map 2 has Iron Armor and Diamonds and that, Map 1 has the same as the rest of the map).

BaleonRosen

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1. The second map seems too large because of all the different places to hide (eg. 5 people could all be hiding in the same building and not know it), and it is more wild.

Map 1: Run towards the center (if possible) and grab the contents of one chest before running towards another couple of chests that I know the location of.
Map 2: Again, try to get something from the corn, but otherwise try to find the suburban district/safe houses and hide.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
A few more traps that can be escaped with skill. A couple more chests just randomly found around the place. Quarterly refills: A quater of the chests get filled in the first quater of the day, another quater at midday etc. (This could be completely useless or overpowering, it was just something I thought of.) Also, some more of the combination locks would be good, but make it a bit easier to find the codes. There is nothing more annoying than finding one of the few combonation locks in both maps and not having a clue what the code is (or maybe I just fail at finding them, either way).

I probably wrote most of them up there ^, but there was another thing. It would be useful to have some spawn chests, chests right next to the players when they spawn with one or two items in them. This would give players a bit of a chance if they weren't able to beat the rush to the cornucopia (or however you spell it). I often find myseelf coming across empty chests while hollding nothing but a stick and having no hunger left. Again, this might just be because I can't play the maps as well as I thought, but it might make the games a bit more fair.

Even if none of these things happen, I still love the Survival Games Servers/Maps and think you guys do a great job! Keep it up! :)

Joe Mama

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1 because there are these islands that have chests that will help even noobs get some stuff

get stuff from corn go to pirate ship and get stuff usually kill some guys there and then wait for night go to corn then i win!

Yeah. Make a place where there are chests like the pirate ship but make it like a secret or puzzle to go in and make it further away from corn

Chests being more spread out not some much holes in the ground and lava more puzzles

CaplesA

Spectator
Reaction score
I would like to see map variations implemented where chests have many different locations. Say on map 2, where you might have 10 different maps, each with different chest locations. The maps are too predictable.

caelen911

Spectator
Reaction score
map 1 because of all the traps.

completely random that keepst things interesting
I would like it changed so that the people camping on the spawns dont always win you know like rewarding exploring more than camping on one spot
traps which players can activate to trap other players

cheezstiks

Experienced
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? Map 2, more fun and I enjoy murdering people who try and sacvenge what they can find in chests in the neighborhood.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? Go for center,(if I get a weapon) murder some, run my chest route, hopefully get to center before night and control it, win.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? Nothing much really.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? More player-made maps, Vareide's maps are amazing but I would really like to see some of the other people's maps, and some look REALLY good. I'm not saying player-made maps are better than Vareide's maps, or that Vareide's map are better than player-made.

Darragh

Spectator
Reaction score
Just commenting on 4.

The fact that majority of the people rush for the pirate ship is a bit silly. If you put an equally lucrative place in the other direction it would split the crowds.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Map 1. You have faster games and less campers. I like hwo there are hotspots e.g. Boat
Taking Paths. On map 2 I have a path mapped out where I can get a ton of chests and win without even raiding corn.
No plain iron. Put in iron ignots but no armor, sword etc. And no diamond anything.
More traps. More risk in getting chests. The ability to be Batman. The more hidden the room, the more chests inside.

And a giant Walrus Statue.
That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci