• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

themostevile

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?

I prefer sg1, less time running around looking for something to fight with and punching leaves for food.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Run to the center if i get a good start, then run until i get a sword and ideally a bow (even armor sometimes!).

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
More traps, both more numerous and more complex, (not necessarily ones that kill you, but like weakness potions or hyperspawners) and more chests, perhaps ones that require something else like a leaver to open? .

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Perhaps a system that lowered the ground in the center (using sticky pistons) that revealed more chests partway though the game (you can even use a random timing system based on wood and burning netherack) and the ability to make simple traps (1.3)

Leaf

Spectator
Reaction score
Well i like the ruined city because its easier to get around and when im playing i listen to haymithc :p andif you need any help building i would be honored...

CrafterKid

Spectator
Reaction score
In terms of overall gameplay, the first map is much better for me. It seems more natural, with the forest look. I also love the islands, where anything (or anyone :) ) could be found hiding there.

For the first map, I usually go for a middle chest, my main priority being armour, then try and head for the ship. If not, I usually stay to the edge of the mainland, always ready to attack or head to the cornucopia.

For the second map, I really don't play it much, so I have mixed strategies. I really don't know of all the hidden locations, so I try to stick around the starting area and the housing area. Other than that, head for the falling tower and risk my life for the climb.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
I would really like the third map to go back to the natural, great outdoors setting. I was very pleased with the teaser photo, because it looks like it will take the natural forest look from the first map, but then dangerous climbing trek from the second. Combine the two, and you will have a very happy player. :)

More traps and challenges added to the map would be very nice. For an example, the combination locks from the first map pleased me, along with the little lava holes, just to make sure the player would always watch their step while running. As from the second map, I really liked the dangerous climbs, so more of those would be quite enjoyable.

Thank you for letting my opinion be heard, and taking player suggestions! Can't wait!
Crafterkid98 :)

Wacko481

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi!

I must say that, although map 2 was stunning in appearance, map 1 was my favorite. It was my favorite because of it's chests being more hidden and hard to find! I liked it because it was more natural, and because it had a more real "survival" feel to it. I also think that it's more fun to explore.

Well, on map 1, I don't try for the cornucopia chests, because they're too dangerous, and I run like heck away from the cornucopia. I then keep on the run, never staying in one place too long, and try to find the other chests. When I see an empty chest, I get away from where I am and find somewhere else to be. Then, when it's down to the last few, (if I make it that far,) I ditch my teammate, (if I have one,) and look for chests. If I encounter someone, I usually get killed, but if I don't, I kinda just do what my gut says from that point on.

On map 2, My strategy starts the same, with me running away from the cornucopia. I then go find a large building and try to get to the top. At this point, I play by my gut, and usually get killed, either by mobs, falling, or by another player. I haven't developed a strategy from this point on, as, like I said, I pretty much always get killed.

So, as you can see, my strategy is really, really defensive, the fact that I have never killed another player in the games supporting this. Lol.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these
servers)?

The only thing I would say is to maybe supply the chests in a more creative way, like, not making it obvious what they could do.

I have a couple of things that I would want added. First, I would want there to be more little challenge rooms, like the underground ones in map 1. I was also thinking of adding more traps to the map, because, although, supposedly there are traps in map 1 and 2, I've never been caught by one. Although I would be raging ten times as much, I think it would add a lot to the survival games experience.

Lordofthepixel

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vareide and I am the creator of the Survival Games maps. Me and my awesome builders over at my server are currently working on Survivial Games 3.

Our goals with map number 3 is to make it both fun to play and make it very good looking. When we make these maps, we put a lot of work and thought in to how to make the map as balanced and fun to play. And we need your help to make sure they are as good as they can be!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

http://kingofweb.com/users/vareide

ChadTheDJ: Please keep in mind that these questions are directed to the Survival Games MAPS, not our servers or our custom plugin! Anything feature requests relating to MCSG needs to be posted here. This is not a scam and sad that I had to add this but here is him linking this thread from his twitter.
1) - I like Survival Games 3 better, because it's fun to run through the old city and slay all the creatures you find. It's even more fun when you have Mo' Creatures installed.

2) - I don't have one. I just run, slay, and survive. I mostly just do what Inthelittlewood does, because every survival games I've seen him play in, he's won.

3) - Hm... nope, I love it all. It's all great.

4) - How about a minecart system? Nothing big, you know (unless y'all want to), but just something that will be an easier way to get around. Like the underground train system (I assume that's what it was) in the Survival Games 2. THAT would be fun. Especially if you were fighting somebody while you were in them.

MugBoy

Spectator
Reaction score
1.) Favorite map is number 1 as it is smaller so when there is a small amount of people left, there aren't many problems in finding them, and the chests on 1 are easier to find and to get to than on 2.

2.) I just wander around and try to find the most chests I can.

3.) I totally have to agree with Stephen Wiebe; more traps (especially deadly ones) so the games would go on faster.

4.) It'd be pretty cool if some of the chests would be hard to get to, like some parkour stuff that was shown a bit in the first map, because it'd be much more intense.

Hope I helped, and good luck!

Cheers,
Tobias

Fredbear

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer the first, i just think it is more fun, more food (animals spawn frequently, whereas on the second finding a cow/pig is RARE!) Also, the fights on the second are more balanced because of less iron armor.
1. I go to corn, loot as much as i can, then go to castle, hit the islands, then the ship.
2. Again i go to corn, then try to find chests...
More chests, to give the less-experienced players a better shot at winning
As someone else already said, have a money system so that when you die you can pick someone to sponser!

Ninjabob991

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Map 1, it is more adventurous with the woods and shtuffs
2. Run in the woods and collect chests as fast as I can, then wait a little bit, let them kill off eachother for awhile
3. No
4. Less pre-crafted items, and more raw materials, like iron ore then you have to find coal, and then craft

wallen

Spectator
Reaction score
i really like the 1st map just for it's calm ness of it's map and wide range of chest every were,
but then the 2nd map comes in, what i like of that map is the buildings and the realism of it's look.

maybe a mix of both :D,
like the 1st one forest area and then the 2nd maps urban and massive building put together would be awsome

the 2nd map looks like the city in "i am legend". i think if you could like do a like 100 year age on that city it would look like the 1st map and the 2nd map mixed

hope you see this and i hope you like and i would love to help if you take this idea. email me at [email protected] and i will help but ya hope you take this idea

Bonebreaker9354

Spectator
Reaction score
1. I like the second map better, it has more buildings and ruins and stuff, not like the first, just a freaking forest thats it

2. i usually get to the village or the power plant to get the chests and go kill everyone

3. No everything looks fine

4/ The new sg3 should be A huge ship, a sinking ship and island around it with chests, below the water there should be a sunken ship with chests and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci