• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

R.I.P. MCSG...

1.7 or 1.8 with good plug ins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedorito14

Spectator
Reaction score
Dear readers, This thread I will give my opinion about the new released 1.8 survival games update.
Lets me just tell you straight to the point what I think is wrong with 1.8 pvp.
  1. Blockhitting, this feature was removed in 1.8, this was something that took pvp to a different level. Some people didnt like it, I personally felt it was a good way to kill people who had more gear..
  2. Talking about good gear.. There are NO tier 2's to be found on some maps, not even the spawn chests...
  3. Ping. The ping most people get now on the EU servers is about 203905613... this is a bug but since MCSG does not do something about this easy to fix bug it is a problem...
  4. I think this is the biggest problem of all. People are INVISIBLE in game! This is something that should not be possible on such a big server!!!
All together I feel like MCSG staff is just having a laugh... How can you get such a big update with this many bugs for the players to report! SHAME ON YOU! This is(/was) one of the biggest SG servers on this planet but still the devs manage to get this many bugs out?! HOW is it possible HOW... I feel like you are just testing this update on us and later fix it when people start to HATE the server. These bugs are btw just a few bugs probably a lot more will come.. Its a shame im sorry.

TheDorito14

Kreix

Experienced
Reaction score
I completely agree with you, however, block hitting as well as hitting animation for 15+ cps are nothing more than graphical errors. You're hits will register at the same pace, and you will actually block more damage. Block hitting was actually buffed lol contrary to the common misconception

Reaction score
Lmao kids after the 1.8 have gone crazy.
You're doing like it's the end of the f***ing world, get over it. Games change. If you don't like it just go play another FPS game, no need to cry about it on forums. I took a break from studying and when I opened MCSG Forums, I just saw 5 alerts for 5 rant threads made in the last 2 hours. Stop, just please, stop.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
<rant>
I don't necessarily know what to say other than the fact that you reeeeeally don't know what you're talking about.

Blockhitting - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know you understand that that's merely a function of 1.8, and we can't just add it back. However, I don't know why people insinuate that we can just avoid updating. That's all on Mojang. They decide when they update, and how they update, and the network can do nothing but adapt. Trust me, running outdated versions would be fun for some, but overall inconvenient.

Tiering - I don't believe the update changed anything about tiering on the maps. There have always been set tiers in the configuration of the map, and the update shouldn't have altered any of that.

Ping - I don't think "203905613" is an accurate statistic.

Bugs - Trust me, I've seen it. The servers get buggy in their initial stages of public beta. I can assure you that 1.8 was rigorously tested before updating. However, if you knew anything about how updating works, new bugs have a great tendency to arise simply by pushing it to a public level. In testing, bugs like this would have certainly been noticed, but the bug didn't actually exist beforehand. It's the farthest thing from the staff hastily releasing buggy updates. Things break!

And you really think the staff are just messing with you? They supposedly just released an update with some bugs just to mess with you? And why are you shaming staff on this? Again, I don't understand why you're calling people out because Java development is Java development. It's really quite garish.

I completely get your displeasure regarding the update, but please understand exactly what's going on and why before you make these kinds of posts.

</rant>
~Cubes

Reaction score
<rant>
I don't necessarily know what to say other than the fact that you reeeeeally don't know what you're talking about.

Blockhitting - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I know you understand that that's merely a function of 1.8, and we can't just add it back. However, I don't know why people insinuate that we can just avoid updating. That's all on Mojang. They decide when they update, and how they update, and the network can do nothing but adapt. Trust me, running outdated versions would be fun for some, but overall inconvenient.

Tiering - I don't believe the update changed anything about tiering on the maps. There have always been set tiers in the configuration of the map, and the update shouldn't have altered any of that.

Bugs - Trust me, I've seen it. The servers get buggy in their initial stages of public beta. I can assure you that 1.8 was rigorously tested before updating. However, if you knew anything about how updating works, new bugs have a great tendency to arise simply by pushing it to a public level. In testing, bugs like this would have certainly been noticed, but the bug didn't actually exist beforehand. It's the farthest thing from the staff hastily releasing buggy updates. Things break!

And you really think the staff are just messing with you? They supposedly just released an update with some bugs just to mess with you? And why are you shaming staff on this? Again, I don't understand why you're calling people out because Java development is Java development. It's really quite garish.

I completely get your displeasure regarding the update, but please understand exactly what's going on and why before you make these kinds of posts.

</rant>
~Cubes
QA;TL pls, just another poorly-made rant thread about 1.8

Kamer2510

Spectator
Reaction score
Dear readers, This thread I will give my opinion about the new released 1.8 survival games update.
  1. Blockhitting, this feature was removed in 1.8, this was something that took pvp to a different level. Some people didnt like it, I personally felt it was a good way to kill people who had more gear..
  2. Talking about good gear.. There are NO tier 2's to be found on some maps, not even the spawn chests...
  3. Ping. The ping most people get now on the EU servers is about 203905613... this is a bug but since MCSG does not do something about this easy to fix bug it is a problem...
  4. I think this is the biggest problem of all. People are INVISIBLE in game! This is something that should not be possible on such a big server!!!
All together I feel like MCSG staff is just having a laugh... How can you get such a big update with this many bugs for the players to report! SHAME ON YOU! This is(/was) one of the biggest SG servers on this planet but still the devs manage to get this many bugs out?! HOW is it possible HOW... I feel like you are just testing this update on us and later fix it when people start to HATE the server. These bugs are btw just a few bugs probably a lot more will come.. Its a shame im sorry.

TheDorito14
I agree entirely and the invise thing is annoying as hell so maybe take it back to how it used to be and work on things till its close to perfect and then make it 1.8 the amount of bugs in this horrible up date is 1 to many!!!!

Kamer2510

Spectator
Reaction score
<rant>

</rant>
~Cubes
the ping and tiering is messed up on some maps no tier 2s work and go on the eu servers (cuz don't know if on he others) and do /ping and play a couple games

zJo3y

Diamond
Reaction score

TheDorito14
We want 1.7.X

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
the ping and tiering is messed up on some maps no tier 2s work and go on the eu servers (cuz don't know if on he others) and do /ping and play a couple games
I just played there last night .-.
Seemed fine to me.

Tyuche

Spectator
Reaction score

TheDorito14
In 1.8 it is possible to blockhit but, the animation has been changed also when you pull out your sword and do f5 you will see the difference. And yes you can blockhit in 1.8 it would feel a little weird the first few weeks/months but it'll be ok trust me ;3

Reaction score
In 1.8 it is possible to blockhit but, the animation has been changed also when you pull out your sword and do f5 you will see the difference. And yes you can blockhit in 1.8 it would feel a little weird the first few weeks/months but it'll be ok trust me ;3
Finally, a guy that is thinking logically and not like a monkey.

I agree, some maps are kinda broken, but most of them are ok, trust me. Now, for the ping issue, I see nothing, I have my stable 85-95 ping and I'm from Greece, so it must be your internet's fault. Please check things like this before crying about the servers having "bad" connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci