• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Random Chest Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, here's the thing. That would be great. Except, there would be a bigger populatio of hackers that win, because they'd use chest finder or x ray. I do think that would work out pretty well though. I get accused of hacking sometimes because the people who have a score of 100 of less say I know where all the chests are because I hack. No, I actually just know where they are. At the begginning of each round in the city map, at least 3 players run to the pink carpet house, with the basement which contains 3 chests. Or, most players go to the boat in the original map.
Wasn't Chad working on a mod block in the plugin? Hopefully this would eliminate that issue.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would be a good idea but hackers will ruin the game this way :/

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Also this probably needs a lot of coding wich is for every map different

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It would be a good idea but hackers will ruin the game this way :/
Hackers have already ruined the game. Does it matter if it's a different map?
Also this probably needs a lot of coding wich is for every map different
Isn't the map rotation part of the plugin? Could they just add the different maps to the rotation

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
Knowing where the chests are is not skill to be good at. Its just memory, and it does not mean in any way that you're better than the others.
If you would always have the exact same output from any of your actions in another game, you'd just insult the game maker because it has no fun. The fact you can ruin other players just because you have played longer than them and memorized all the chests locations does not make you a better player than them, you just played longer, that's it.
You're right. Although, i don't really see a problem with rewarding those who have played a lot. But the system you suggest definitely has some potential.

Tice

Spectator
Reaction score
nice idea but to hard to develup
Not really, its actually pretty easy..
Well i could do a plugin like this.
(So if any mod/admin agreed with "random chests", i'll try my best to do a plugin like this)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback about this idea. If we could build support for it and get a developer to know about it, we could get it put in the in game plugin

Squallboogie

Tribute
Reaction score
I have brought about 6 friends brand new into this type of game mode. I have shown them my route that yields lots of chests. I told them to get the initial chests in the middle to get better gear for map 2. All of them , with the exception of one loony Canadian that I love to play with, are above 200 points and getting higher.
But I do think random chests would be a nice addition, due to the randomness of it. Sorta like L4D.

PinguAngry

Survivor
Reaction score
This seems like an excellent idea! I myself was just thinking the same thing!

Tice

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback about this idea. If we could build support for it and get a developer to know about it, we could get it put in the in game plugin
Here's a developer :p, and i already made a random chest generator plugin.

Olekriz

Spectator
Reaction score
This topic seems to hit a nerv for many in the community. And that includes me. I have not been playing on the servers for more than about 2-3 weeks now, and i have loved this kind of games! I love that the chest content is randomized, i love the thrill of stalking someone, i love the feeling when you catch a better geared/skilled player off guard and kill him/her before they are able to strike back, I love the fact that chests are refilled when the sun goes down and people rush from theyr hidding places and fight for the new items, I love spectating better players with more knowledge of where hidden chest and learning from spectating them. And I prepareing for next match by looking for a quick way to get the the most chests in the shortest amount of time. Not only having a plan A, but when i see alot of other players going the same way that i do, resort to plan B...

For me the great thing about the servers/maps is that there are a fine balance between bouth skill and luck. That is a factor which is very important for a game to be enjoyable. Tho the servers at MinecraftSurvivalGames.com are in "beta", i think they have achived just that fine balance.

In my opinion putting the chests at random given places all the time is running the balance between skill and luck. Because I think that there should be a difference between an experienced player and a "noob", more difference that just whom is the best at swordfighting.

(sorry if the english is kind of bad, not everybody has english as theyr first language)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci