• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rant on Hungry Hills

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
So, I've made another rant for my collection, and this time I think I'll post it directly to the forums, because it isn't too angry/mildly offensive. The full rant was written and is available on here, if you're wondering. It's been slightly edited to suit the forums better.

>>BEGIN RANT<<​

So, I'm sad to say that while it was on MCSG, I never got to play the "highly unpopular map," Hungry Hills. I kept hearing more and more about it however, and it never seemed too bad. I finally found an easter egg in the current Team Elite lobby on MCSG, containing a snapshot, title, and credit to all the maps that have ever been added to MCSG. Once I finally found who made it, I decided to do a search for him on the forums. Sure enough, I found his profile, "Olibear." I looked at his profile, and was sad to see that he wasn't very active. This felt like kind of a letdown, because there was so much I wanted to ask him about.
Several weeks later, I found myself back on his profile. I wondered if there was a thread for his map, then I realized that there must've been. The minute I clicked on the thread, I nearly passed out. Woah! It was incredible! The amount of sheer detail put into every last hill blew my mind! I gazed at the mesmerizing waterfall, and felt like vomiting out of realization of how crappy other maps are. I had heard that there weren't many chests, but details like that felt a tad ridiculous. I can imagine how long games would go as you stared across a flawless landscape; you would grow hungry, hence the name.
After playing on it, my decision was final. Hungry Hills is easily the prettiest map on MCSG, and offers unique gameplay for sure. This reminds me of how I feel that MCSG should remove voting, so that all maps are equally played. I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to build something so stellar in my lifetime, no matter how hard I train with tools like VoxcelSniper or WorldEdit. I feel that I'm unworthy of it. So, this rant is a bit of a plead for MCSG to re-add Hungry Hills, or at least make minor changes (smaller dome, more chests, etc.) to make it more "likable."
Olibear and crew, I truly bow down to you. What you've done is incredible.

>>END RANT<<​

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
I don't know why things like Moonlight Lake were in here for so long, I think the reason why it isn't in their, don't quote me, but I think Olibear said she is fixing the map.

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I found Hungry Hills kinda boring, i really enjoyed jumping off corn but other then that its not too fun

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know why things like Moonlight Lake were in here for so long, I think the reason why it isn't in their, don't quote me, but I think Olibear said she is fixing the map.
While Moonlight doesn't look all that pretty, it had pretty quick, fun rounds.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Hungry Hills :) My favorite map! I wish it was re-added.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
I wish this wasn't removed, it was my favorite map and by far the best on MCSG, the terraforming was absolutely incredible.

If Olibear does revamp it he should add more buildings/structures and more chests. :D

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The terrain looks awesome, but the gameplay usually is boring. Not enough chests, huge map etc. More chests and maybe make it 48 player and it would be pretty cool!

Sup3rT0nyRocks

Survivor
Reaction score
If you guys seriously think Moonlight lake is a good map....It's barely usable, All it has is horrible terraforming, a tiny radius and absolutely no attention to detail. "Find chests every 5 seconds in an a hundred radius map" the only terraforming is in the middle, Come on! Seriously? How could that get into MCSG? We're better than this!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci