• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Rant on Hungry Hills

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
for me the matches didn't last long as most people went to corn at night and fought it out by the next day

BazzBerry

Survivor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I never had the privilege of playing Hungry Hills. After downloading it and scoping it out, however, I found myself to fall in love with it, much like you did, Fushi. It saddens me that I wasn't around to play this beautiful map.

I emplore Olibear to revamp it and make it more likeable by the community. I'd love to play on that map.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
The terrain looks awesome, but the gameplay usually is boring. Not enough chests, huge map etc. More chests and maybe make it 48 player and it would be pretty cool!
Yes, if it is going to be revamped, it has to be made into a 48 player map. Which means I would only play 48 person servers. ;)

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
hungry hills was removed for a reason. I for one am glad it is gone as I was one of the many that didn't like it. It was actually probably my least favorite MCSG map ever.

This was an old status I posted while the map was at MCSG, that ppl, including chad, liked:

"This is my review of Hungry Hills: Spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, fall damage, fall damage, fall damage, fall damage..."

Simply put, it may have looked nice (hills.. wow) but it was just not a good map to play MCSG on.
But hey.. then we have maps like moonlight lake that look like they were built in a day...

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
hungry hills was removed for a reason. I for one am glad it is gone as I was one of the many that didn't like it. It was actually probably my least favorite MCSG map ever.

This was an old status I posted while the map was at MCSG, that ppl, including chad, liked:

"This is my review of Hungry Hills: Spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, spacebar, fall damage, fall damage, fall damage, fall damage..."

Simply put, it may have looked nice (hills.. wow) but it was just not a good map to play MCSG on.
But hey.. then we have maps like moonlight lake that look like they were built in a day...

Yeah, that's exactly what the rant was about. I understand that most people think like you do, but you wouldn't even give it a second chance if there was more chests, smaller diameter, and an easier way back to corn? >.<

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
but you wouldn't even give it a second chance if there was more chests, smaller diameter, and an easier way back to corn? >.<
sure I would. I was just commenting on the hungry hills I played on. If it were edited and resubmitted it could be a lot better

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thing about it is : its not an arena , the forest is too dense and the games get so boring. Olibear is an amazing terraformer but you simply can't have a map that is all hills and forests. It is not an MCSG map. Of is a great build but it just is so boring to play as it has such small structures and barely any at that. Not to mention the extreme lack of chests.I'm all in favour of a revamp as its a shame to let it go to waste , but in its current state I would not like it back.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
sure I would. I was just commenting on the hungry hills I played on. If it were edited and resubmitted it could be a lot better
The thing about it is : its not an arena , the forest is too dense and the games get so boring. Olibear is an amazing terraformer but you simply can't have a map that is all hills and forests. It is not an MCSG map. Of is a great build but it just is so boring to play as it has such small structures and barely any at that. Not to mention the extreme lack of chests.I'm all in favour of a revamp as its a shame to let it go to waste , but in its current state I would not like it back.
I'll check any progress updates on the revamp.

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
I tend to avoid posting on these forums simply because I mostly dislike the userbase here, or at least their attitude towards the maps created. Seriously, you guys are talking about how bad Moonlight Lake is, on a topic about Hungry Hills? Nobody should be saying "this map sucks" when it is evident that the creaor had spent a long time building the map.

Anyway, not to be a hipocrite and derail myself from the topic. In response to the OP, Hungry Hills is a beautiful map and is very well crafted, but if people want to go for the more popular maps, then so be it. I think that one of the things letting it down is how fun it is to play. Most members of MCSG prefer maps which, if not extravagant and aesthetically beautiful, are great fun to play on, hence why maps such as Breeze Island are so often picked. Hungry Hills is still a very fun map, but the fact that there's little loot on a large map like it hindered it.

jf908

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm friends with Olibear and I'll tell him right away about this thread when I can :)

OliBear

Experienced
Reaction score
If you really like our landscaping and building and whatnot, you should check out our new map, Colossal Caverns. There's a link in my signature.
Hungry Hills was a good map at the time, but around the time of it's release, smaller maps were being added. At the time the map was average size, but when it finally made it on, all the maps were small and whatnot. Personally I prefer the big maps. But a lot of people don't so it's more 48 player sized now. I'm glad you liked it though. And hey, Captain Sparklez played it twice so far so I must have done something right? aha!

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
If you really like our landscaping and building and whatnot, you should check out our new map, Colossal Caverns. There's a link in my signature.
Hungry Hills was a good map at the time, but around the time of it's release, smaller maps were being added. At the time the map was average size, but when it finally made it on, all the maps were small and whatnot. Personally I prefer the big maps. But a lot of people don't so it's more 48 player sized now. I'm glad you liked it though. And hey, Captain Sparklez played it twice so far so I must have done something right? aha!
Actually, Colossal Caverns is pretty much the only one of the PMC submissions that I've liked so far, but I'm sad to see that it's bugged so nobody can play it as of now. It's actually a bit of an honor getting a response from you, by the way :p. Keep up the good work, I'm excited for more; as of now, you're actually my favorite builder/terraformer/whatever you want to go by. Good luck on the contest ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci