• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Scrimmage Maps, we need a change.

Do you believe this thread has a point to it, and/or should happen?

• Yes, I agree with this thread completely and it should happen.

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Well, I'm fine with the current maps, but change would be pretty cool.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • No thanks, I am completely fine with playing the maps currently being played in scrimmages.

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Tuct, very well written thread. I do agree that we should add these maps to the MCSG community for clan scrimming and battling. It would be a wonderful experiences with each other clans. It would make clans be able to develop their own routes and strategies. More maps = more interesting and fun.
You, you are going to have beautiful babies.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
These have actually been scrimmage maps for a little over a year now, but that's besides the point xD

Like some others have said, these maps are used for clan battle related events because of several factors. Some of those being size, teiring, balance, and different kinds of structures.

The maps you listed would actually work almost perfectly for clan-battle related things, as long as they're teired well. Soo, basically, I, personally, am all for it. It'd be nice to see these maps in the rotation as long as we still kept the original maps, as they're probably still the most balanced maps out of all of them.

Reaction score
These have actually been scrimmage maps for a little over a year now, but that's besides the point, xD.

Like some others have said, these maps are used for clan battle related events because of several factors. Some of those being size, teiring, balance, and different kinds of structures.

The maps you listed would actually work almost perfectly for clan-battle related things, as long as they're teired well. Soo, basically, I, personally, am all for it. It'd be nice to see these maps in the rotation as long as we still kept the original maps, as they're probably still the most balanced maps out of all of them.
Yeah, I was trying to point out that maybe the maps I listed could be some of the main scrimmage maps, but you would still be able to balance out the current maps. That'd be cool.

Soul

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, scrimmage maps are usually played when loads of teams play them and they are made equally for all teams. This contradicts the current maps, but that is only because they are played too many times to be taken out that easily.

In my opinion, keep the old maps and if other maps make their way to being played a lot, add them, while the others just get dropped.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Hey there! Just thought I'd let you know the staff's points regarding the thread.
Due to the fact that MCGamer does not directly affiliate itself with clans, as a management team or an entity, we do not take into account clan ordeals in regards to the addition or removal of maps from our network.

That being said, I do encourage you and other clan affiliates to take a look at all of the other possibilities for maps that provide a great environment for scrimmaging. Do some experimenting! :3

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey there! Just thought I'd let you know the staff's points regarding the thread.
Due to the fact that MCGamer does not directly affiliate itself with clans, as a management team or an entity, we do not take into account clan ordeals in regards to the addition or removal of maps from our network.

That being said, I do encourage you and other clan affiliates to take a look at all of the other possibilities for maps that provide a great environment for scrimmaging. Do some experimenting! :3
No offense at all to the map committee or whoever tiers maps, but maybe if we had more balanced maps (As far as tiers go), we could experiment. As of right now, it's hard for maps to be added into the bunch that is already there due to the tiers. For example, Rugged Lands. This used to be my favorite scrim map, it had tons of tier twos, which meant many different routes, and it had a pretty "different" way to fight due to the terrain. As most people know, this map was nerfed; it was nerfed too much. There have been threads asking for certain maps to be re-tiered, but it just hasn't happened yet. Anyways, if something is being planned for this to happen, thank you. If it hasn't, well, hopefully this is being taken into consideration. Again, no disrespect towards any Senior Moderator or Map Committee member.

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
No offense at all to the map committee or whoever tiers maps, but maybe if we had more balanced maps (As far as tiers go), we could experiment. As of right now, it's hard for maps to be added into the bunch that is already there due to the tiers. For example, Rugged Lands. This used to be my favorite scrim map, it had tons of tier twos, which meant many different routes, and it had a pretty "different" way to fight due to the terrain. As most people know, this map was nerfed; it was nerfed too much. There have been threads asking for certain maps to be re-tiered, but it just hasn't happened yet. Anyways, if something is being planned for this to happen, thank you. If it hasn't, well, hopefully this is being taken into consideration. Again, no disrespect towards any Senior Moderator or Map Committee member.
Avaricia too o.o

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
So re-tiering Breeze Island 2 just flew above everyone's head? 0.o
I thought that was a positive move on our part :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci