• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Scrimmage Maps, we need a change.

Do you believe this thread has a point to it, and/or should happen?

• Yes, I agree with this thread completely and it should happen.

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Well, I'm fine with the current maps, but change would be pretty cool.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • No thanks, I am completely fine with playing the maps currently being played in scrimmages.

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
So re-tiering Breeze Island 2 just flew above everyone's head? 0.o
I thought that was a positive move on our part :p
I don't think he's trying to say that everything you do is awful, but there were originally around 7 maps that we could play on, however 2 of those maps were re tiered and aren't even close to being considered clan maps now. (Rugged Lands being one of them)

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think he's trying to say that everything you do is awful, but there were originally around 7 maps that we could play on, however 2 of those maps were re tiered and aren't even close to being considered clan maps now. (Rugged Lands being one of them)
I don't believe he was trying to criticize me. I was just mentioning that revamps of maps are often quite necessary. Our main goal with maps is to uphold the "Survival" part of "Survival Games." We'd rather the gametype be oriented towards trying to survive than to be a game where everybody stacks themselves with the best stuff. We have battlegrounds for that :B

Groot

Gold
Reaction score
I don't believe he was trying to criticize me. I was just mentioning that revamps of maps are often quite necessary. Our main goal with maps is to uphold the "Survival" part of "Survival Games." We'd rather the gametype be oriented towards trying to survive than to be a game where everybody stacks themselves with the best stuff. We have battlegrounds for that :B
I don't think many people like the "survival feel", because that was one of the reasons so many people hated the "chest update" a little while ago.

iancool

Diamond
Reaction score
I honestly think it isn't the maps with an issue, it is 100% tiering. We all were disappointed with the re-tiering when it happened, because it ruined rugged lands, made sg4 WAY worse, etc. If we go back to that tiering we had the maps would be so much better and more fun. At this point in scrimmages it seems to be the team that gets stone swords from corn that wins. Not the team that out-fights the other. This is because of the honestly horrible re-tiering.

Groot

Gold
Reaction score
I honestly think it isn't the maps with an issue, it is 100% tiering. We all were disappointed with the re-tiering when it happened, because it ruined rugged lands, made sg4 WAY worse, etc. if we go back to that tie ring we had the maps would, be so much better and more fun. At this point in scrimmages it seems to be the team that gets stone swords from corn that wins. Not the team that out-fights the other. This is because of the honestly horrible re-tiering.
AGREED!

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score
So re-tiering Breeze Island 2 just flew above everyone's head? 0.o
I thought that was a positive move on our part :p
One map out of a lot of good maps with potential :p It was good though, nice work.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think many people like the "survival feel", because that was one of the reasons so many people hated the "chest update" a little while ago.
We responded to the chest update ordeal accordingly. That was a bit of an experimental idea on our part. The overall consensus with the community was that we wanted to stick with V2.

However, I think we're missing the point that MCGamer does not orient its gamemodes strictly around clans. While we do appreciate everyone's suggestions, we simply cannot bend our system around the needs/wants of clans. Since the beginning, MCGamer has not endorsed clan affairs, and it does not associate with the issues regarding the inner machinations of clans or their workings. The staff's viewpoint is that Chad created the Survival Games, and the clans adapt to play the Survival Games. Not the other way around. Again, I'm not meaning in any way to make someone feel offended, it's just the staff's stance on the ordeal.

iancool

Diamond
Reaction score
We responded to the chest update ordeal accordingly. That was a bit of an experimental idea on our part. The overall consensus with the community was that we wanted to stick with V2.

However, I think we're missing the point that MCGamer does not orient its gamemodes strictly around clans. While we do appreciate everyone's suggestions, we simply cannot bend our system around the needs/wants of clans. Since the beginning, MCGamer has not endorsed clan affairs, and it does not associate with the issues regarding the inner machinations of clans or their workings. The staff's viewpoint is that Chad created the Survival Games, and the clans adapt to play the Survival Games. Not the other way around. Again, I'm not meaning in any way to make someone feel offended, it's just the staff's stance on the ordeal.
It isn't just clans. The maps tiering are horrid with the re-tiering. That is a fact. Now. You have a choice. The staff team can listen to what the community wants, or they can have the community continue to ask them to fix certain things.

Also, you may argue that the clan community is not the only community and that the larger population wants other things. I simply think that isn't true. No offense but a random guy named leafs_123zommy with a Steve skin (about 80% of the server's population) isn't going to care about tiering of the maps. All the people that understand the game type and have experience and are skilled actually have an input considering they care for what the servers are like. Us, the 20%, the skilled people, the clans, are who you should be listening to.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree, but this only effects US, lol. In EU and AU I know we all play different maps from the main 'perfect maps' and it's really amazing. Fortress Pyke is a great example of a map which is underplayed, yet beautiful to play on.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
It isn't just clans. The maps tiering are horrid with the re-tiering. That is a fact. Now. You have a choice. The staff team can listen to what the community wants, or they can have the community continue to ask them to fix certain things.

Also, you may argue that the clan community is not the only community and that the larger population wants other things. I simply think that isn't true. No offense but a random guy named leafs_123zommy with a Steve skin (about 80% of the server's population) isn't going to care about tiering of the maps. All the people that understand the game type and have experience and are skilled actually have an input considering they care for what the servers are like. Us, the 20%, the skilled people, the clans, are who you should be listening to.
However, looking at the sole purpose of the "Survival Games," upholding the aspect of survival has been done quite well. If it were called the "PvP Games," Then I think your ideas would fit perfectly. A gamemode in which you can grab full iron and a good sword and just go ham. The thing is, we have exactly that through Survival Games. The goal of the gamemode is not to stack everybody up. That just gets boring. I don't think that we're kicking the ideas of clan members out, but there are other concerns that we prioritize.
In regards to the issue concerning a much larger portion of the community wanting a huge shift in the sole basis on which the Survival Games was founded, threads like those are one in one hundred at best. I'm merely insisting that you should try out some different options, and discover the other great maps that the Survival Games has to offer.
I agree, but this only effects US, lol. In EU and AU I know we all play different maps from the main 'perfect maps' and it's really amazing. Fortress Pyke is a great example of a map which is underplayed, yet beautiful to play on.
Darkrai phrases it quite well.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
However, looking at the sole purpose of the "Survival Games," upholding the aspect of survival has been done quite well. If it were called the "PvP Games," Then I think your ideas would fit perfectly. A gamemode in which you can grab full iron and a good sword and just go ham. The thing is, we have exactly that through Survival Games. The goal of the gamemode is not to stack everybody up. That just gets boring. I don't think that we're kicking the ideas of clan members out, but there are other concerns that we prioritize.
In regards to the issue concerning a much larger portion of the community wanting a huge shift in the sole basis on which the Survival Games was founded, threads like those are one in one hundred at best. I'm merely insisting that you should try out some different options, and discover the other great maps that the Survival Games has to offer.

Darkrai phrases it quite well.
I'm not saying all maps are perfect, you have underplayed maps for a reason. However, I am saying that there are amazing maps if you dare to stray out of those main 5.

By the way, I do highly suggest re-tiering a large amount of maps. (TSG 1 please.. Still is my favourite map despite only having 1 tier 2. :c)

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not saying all maps are perfect, you have underplayed maps for a reason. However, I am saying that there are amazing maps if you dare to stray out of those main 5.

By the way, I do highly suggest re-tiering a large amount of maps. (TSG 1 please.. Still is my favourite map despite only having 1 tier 2. :c)
Our sensors indicate 10 Tier 2 chests :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci