• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shaders should not be allowed

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
Yep like your Signature. I Agree and Disagree, Shaders Core is out for 1.7 and lots of people are attracted to it because Captain Sparklez made a video/s on it, Which means a) most people have Shaders, b) It attracts players and c) ( which is the part I don't understand?) is That people Hate it when they see it, truly I think Minecraft should put Shaders instead of Default.
Then only 5% of computers would run it. The majority of people use default. If you get a map to look good on default then it's going to look good on everything. Shaders are to make the game look completely different which isn't even minecraft.

MinecraftChic

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree and disagree, I agree because I believe that people should be able to see how the actual map looks like since shaders is making the map more attractive. I disagree because people need to get people to download their map so if we remove it maps won't look as appealing.TIP If you want more downloads then just put the extra work in, shaders just is the lazy way.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
I think what happens a lot of times is that people build the maps using a fancy texture pack that makes it look amazing, but it looks bad in default. And then people jut add shaders because they think that it gives their map a higher chance of being accepted.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
I just think it's an unfair advantage atm. Say RC for example decides to be fair with a map he puts up and take pics or a recording shaders-free. Then someone else makes an Ass map but takes pics or a recording with shaders -bam- this map looks better and is accepted. what. Honestly, it shouldn't be allowed so there is a standard so everyone gets to see the map itself and appreciate it for its quality. That's my opinion.

TheGamerScottie

Diamond
Reaction score
I just think it's an unfair advantage atm. Say RC for example decides to be fair with a map he puts up and take pics or a recording shaders-free. Then someone else makes an Ass map but takes pics or a recording with shaders -bam- this map looks better and is accepted. what. Honestly, it shouldn't be allowed so there is a standard so everyone gets to see the map itself and appreciate it for its quality. That's my opinion.
May i ask for an example?

Sayf

Experienced
Reaction score
Time and time again maps are brought out to look fantastic due to the work of shaders. When submitting a map you shouldn't be allowed to post images of the map with the shaders on. It's like a completely different map.
Or you could put it this way, make a thread add the shader images but you must have normal pictures? I mean see it this way there are people who use shaders on MCSG have two sort of images wouldn't be a problem would it? So the people who actually use the mod would know how it would look like for them (depending on what shaders pack they use) and then the people that don't use the mod would see how it would look like for them (depending on what resource pack they're using). Other than that it shouldn't be a problem, should it? o_O

am0r_

Diamond
Reaction score
Then only 5% of computers would run it. The majority of people use default. If you get a map to look good on default then it's going to look good on everything. Shaders are to make the game look completely different which isn't even minecraft.
Yes but it depends, What if there is a sunset? A nice view of the place you know a nice setting.

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
Or you could put it this way, make a thread add the shader images but you must have normal pictures? I mean see it this way there are people who use shaders on MCSG have two sort of images wouldn't be a problem would it? So the people who actually use the mod would know how it would look like for them (depending on what shaders pack they use) and then the people that don't use the mod would see how it would look like for them (depending on what resource pack they're using). Other than that it shouldn't be a problem, should it? o_O
Ye, that's a good idea. I just think shaders being the only images on the thread is wrong. There should be default images too.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
We don't just look at the screenshots and add things, that's far from how it works. If people wish to use shaders as a tool for presentation, they may.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci