• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Should MCG/MCSG Be a Pure PVP Server??

Should MCGamer be a pure PVP Server?

• Definitely!

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No! It should have lots of Minigames!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Why can't we have both?

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Idk...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fax

Career
Reaction score
I just think MCGamer should focus fully on Survival Games, I just don't think hub server/minigames fit their dynamic. But I mean merging with AntVenom network can't be a bad thing, so oh well. I agree with others however when it's just stupid seeing all these minigames with not one game being played.

ElitePvPGodz

Tribute
Reaction score
Suggestion: Get rid of the AntVenom games that no one plays: They don't have to pay the servers, and we don't have to look at the empty lobbies. Everyone wins.
Exactly. almost everyone plays for SG, not those minigames.

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
The problem is that you have to go through multiple hubs before you can actually play any of the new mini-games. Which most people don't want to put in the extra effort.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Suggestion: Get rid of the AntVenom games that no one plays: They don't have to pay the servers, and we don't have to look at the empty lobbies. Everyone wins.
Exactly. almost everyone plays for SG, not those minigames.
"Get rid of the AntVenom games that no one playes."
"Almost everyone plays for SG, not those minigames."

So, what about the transfers from AntVenom who now connect with the AntVenom IP, and end up on MCGamer, looking for their favourite mini-game, I think keeping these mini-games here would be fine, and the people who don't play them don't have to. :) I can say the staff do love Survival Bingo, and I am a fan of Colour Zone, and Deadly Descent.

I just think MCGamer should focus fully on Survival Games, I just don't think hub server/minigames fit their dynamic. But I mean merging with AntVenom network can't be a bad thing, so oh well. I agree with others however when it's just stupid seeing all these minigames with not one game being played.
"I agree with others however when it's just stupid seeing all these minigames with not one game being played."

The mini-games do get played, in fact. They're played a lot more often than you think, because you have all the users from AntVenom who play them, you just need to come on at the right time, with the right people. (Nobody is wrong in this situation.) :p

"I just think MCGamer should focus fully on Survival Games"

So should we drop AntVenoms games, Quarter Quell, Survival Games Classic, Battlegrounds, Creative, etc? Leaving all these bugs (there are a few major ones) to absolutely perfect the mini game? I think working on each one gradually, focusing on each one, will please almost everyone.

Remember, you guys are still bringing up valid points within your posts, just sometimes you need to think outside of the box, and in someone else's shoes, surely there's some large group of people who play these mini games.

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
Think about the community as a whole (includes the AVN players) not just your personal opinion. YouTubers have quit because SG has become too repetitive for them, so isn't adding variety a good idea? A prime example is GoldEllipse who quit 'bout a week ago. In his video he stated that he had gotten bored of survival games and that he was keeping up the act only to keep his fan base happy.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
OBJECTION! I play Survival Bingo and it's my new favorite gametype! Q FRICKING Q SIR! -,-

And I think people would go fanperson nuts-&-bolts crazy over the new gametypes if and when AntVenom ever decides to stream/record himself playing MCSG and his old gametypes on the new server.

To heck with Surfer Dude Dunbar,

HEIL ANTVENOM! :
D

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
If we were strictly only PvP eventually the amount of player joining our server(s) would decrease as people may think that PvP is getting repetitive and 'Hunger Games' is out of date. I believe we added the AVN minigames so that we could have a diversity within out community and expand our player base. People wont just be coming to our server for Survival Games now, they will be coming for a whole lot more. ^.^

What I think should be added-

Personally I think that MCGamer should add a 1v1 or 2v2 gamemode where you or your friends can duel/solo of against one another. I think that most of the community would like it and due to the fact our community is very competitive a lot of users would play it too. :)

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Nah, MCGamer have to be a Minigames/PvP server :)

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Elite thx for helping me but what does a differnt tread mean for creative
Elite your right lots of people play on sg but there is always people that want to play mini games and that's why we're running out but the sunner we get creative it's not going to be that pack so we have both sides pvp or build I don't really care for the mini games I just like having friends on creative thx for helping me also member to tell me about that tread from creative thx
Love MADIKATTY
Please mind the multi-posting. We prefer that you use the "Quote" button in the bottom right corner of a post if you wish to reply to multiple comments at once. Or if you forgot to add something to your post or reply to someone else their comment, and not much time has passed already, feel free to use the "Edit" button, which you can find in the bottom left corner. This prevents the thread from being spammed and keeps it more organized. :)

Quoted from the Rules:
2. Do not multipost: Posting more than one post in a row is not allowed since it makes it take longer for others to view posts below yours.
  • If there is an update to a topic, and no one has yet mentioned it, you are allowed to post more than once in a row.
  • We have an edit button for a reason, please use that instead of multiposting.
  • We understand that accidents happen sometimes, so don’t worry about being in trouble for multiposting the same message due to phone/internet issues.

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you wanted to only play PVP you could choose to only play the PVP based mini games. I don't see how removing them would benefit the server all that would do is remove gametypes that some people enjoy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci