• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Simple new option for map voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexdude729

Survivor
Reaction score
why should there be a random option. People will still chose the map they want

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
If we had a random option and everyone voted for it, there would of been no reason for adding a voting system.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
If we had a random option and everyone voted for it, there would of been no reason for adding a voting system.
That may be true, but we cant know if everyone will vote that option if it is never added before.

Jakest_123

Spectator
Reaction score
I think it should just cycle 1, 2 and 3 so we always know what's coming next and people who want to play any of those maps will always know when their map is.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Randomizing the maps wont change anything, and theres a difference between "randomizing" and "alternating". If you mean "random" like an iPod's random, then there is still a pattern. And that is that the map will not be played twice in a row, which I disagree with because sometimes people DO want to play the same map twice.

The way you have to look at this is from Chad's point of view. . .

No matter what we change, people are always going to complain and want something else. The vote system is fair and adding a "random" button would be the equivelent of not voting at all because most people know where they want to vote. Going off of the "I dont care what map" perspective; either vote for the map with the least amount of votes or dont bother voting.

Im not trying to come off as an ass, Im just trying to show the other side.

BlazeFort

Survivor
Reaction score
I see one problem. If this is enabled who will vote for it? EVERYONE has a favorite map and would rather vote for that then vote for a 1 in 3 chance of getting it. What if someone chooses not to vote it automatically chooses random?

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Randomizing the maps wont change anything, and theres a difference between "randomizing" and "alternating". If you mean "random" like an iPod's random, then there is still a pattern. And that is that the map will not be played twice in a row, which I disagree with because sometimes people DO want to play the same map twice.

The way you have to look at this is from Chad's point of view. . .

No matter what we change, people are always going to complain and want something else. The vote system is fair and adding a "random" button would be the equivelent of not voting at all because most people know where they want to vote. Going off of the "I dont care what map" perspective; either vote for the map with the least amount of votes or dont bother voting.

Im not trying to come off as an ass, Im just trying to show the other side.
Well now that ve read this i can tell i can understand what you mean... i still think the "random" idea is not bad and could be added, but you have changed my mind about this idea and i think you are right about this and complains will not be gone just becuase of this small idea.
Thanks for giving your opinon on this :)

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I see one problem. If this is enabled who will vote for it? EVERYONE has a favorite map and would rather vote for that then vote for a 1 in 3 chance of getting it. What if someone chooses not to vote it automatically chooses random?
Thats not a bad idea but i dont think there will ever be more people who didnt vote than the ones who ovted for a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci