• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skill vs. Ping?

How Much Does Ping Effect PvP Skills?

• A little

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • A lot

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Lag???

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

Sevy

Survivor
Reaction score
It's actually 20cps (Minecraft runs on 20 ticks per second)
If this was true then mcsg was a macro bath. Maybe it can determine up to 20 clicks or something but the ammount of hits you'll get will stay the same.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
look at My recent games. A lot of my games from when I was a noob :p I win more now :p
Your past 50 games are 11/50. Better, but still nothing great.
If this was true then mcsg was a macro bath. Maybe it can determine up to 20 clicks or something but the ammount of hits you'll get will stay the same.
What evidence do you have that it caps at 10cps?

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
It helps somewhat but ive beat people with like 10 ping...If you think about it if you were a scrub that couldnt even aim and you had 5 ping and you foght a guy with 100-150 ping that was decent who would win?
that's why I posted that you need to have both :p skill and good ping to be a great player in mcsg. Look at all the top rated players in mcsg, they all get pretty good ping. You aren't going to see many great players that get 100+ ping.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
that's why I posted that you need to have both :p skill and good ping to be a great player in mcsg. Look at all the top rated players in mcsg, they all get pretty good ping. You aren't going to see many great players that get 100+ ping.
I have unstable internet :p it shoots up really high here and there.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I have unstable internet :p it shoots up really high here and there.
lol i played with over 120 ping until like.. a month ago when I started playing CA. Played EU with nearly 200 ping for like... a year xD 135 ping on US. 70 on CA

Reaction score
if your talking about a players skill. ping does not determine the outcome.
if you are talking about who would win an even match. ping does play a factor.
it is mainly up to the skills of players to out-wit the other and kill them

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
lol i played with over 120 ping until like.. a month ago when I started playing CA. Played EU with nearly 200 ping for like... a year xD 135 ping on US. 70 on CA
Some of the most well regarded pvpers get "bad" ping. For instance, people like darkrai202 (who switched to US for his later half) and Quackeryy are amazing pvpers, yet get around 200ms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci