• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Skill vs. Ping?

How Much Does Ping Effect PvP Skills?

• A little

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • A lot

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • Lag???

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Some of the most well regarded pvpers get "bad" ping. For instance, people like darkrai202 (who switched to US for his later half) and Quackeryy are amazing pvpers, yet get around 200ms.
they didn't witch they just enjoyed the different players and how ez us was...

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Some of the most well regarded pvpers get "bad" ping. For instance, people like darkrai202 (who switched to US for his later half) and Quackeryy are amazing pvpers, yet get around 200ms.
Quackeryy had like... the best internet connection in the world for awhile.. i remember seeing his post about it. He may not anymore, but he did for a long while. As far as darkrai, I don't really know enough about him. Never really played or talked with him.

I didn't say you couldn't be good with bad ping. I'm just saying that 99% of the top pvpers, get good ping.

Arnt you like rank 7...
6th actually, but being ranked high doesn't particularly make you a great pvper. It means you are pretty good, but would I consider myself the 6th best player? or even top 10? No, not at all. Now that I am playing CA with good ping, I'd consider myself a much better player.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Quackeryy had like... the best internet connection in the world for awhile.. i remember seeing his post about it. He may not anymore, but he did for a long while. As far as darkrai, I don't really know enough about him. Never really played or talked with him.
Good internet doesn't translate to better ping at all; it's mostly dependent on distance to the host. For instance, I have a 15/5 mbps connection and when I play at my friend's house, who has 65/50 Mbps, my ping is the same.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Distance is defo the big key, but if you have better upload speed, it does effect your ping. Download speed does nothing however. If you have high upload speed and you are close to the server location, you will get the most amazing connection ever. If you have bad connection(below 5 upload speed like me) and you are far away from the server host(like me), you will get horrible ping.

Miqraine

Experienced
Reaction score
Ping makes as much of the difference as it does to win knife round on nuke in a bo1.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
I tried playing MCSG back in August when I was in the US datacenter with my computer literally connected to the same switch as the US network (aka, my ping was 0).
I still couldn't win a game.

Kris | Kriszy

Platinum
Reaction score
I tried playing MCSG back in August when I was in the US datacenter with my computer literally connected to the same switch as the US network (aka, my ping was 0).
I still couldn't win a game.
The real ping player right there^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci