• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

So what's going on?

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Badlion has enough money to make a anticheat but not enough money to stop the ddos attacks they get everyday and all the connection issues they have with west servers. At least whenever Mojang servers go down, MCSG is always up because of our amazing developers :)
My dude, MCSG is far from perfect as you are saying. You are obviously biast as you are mod. To say MCSG is sometimes down without the mojang servers being down, now despite me definitely not being better then the developers I have to say that if they were ''Amazing'' they would create a PROPER anticheat. But the plugins are impressive which is the reason I call them decent. Now also what is with this rule ''If the evidence is changed it cannot be accepted'' therefor making it so that if I change the speed of the person hacking with kill aura and slow it down, thats not acceptable and the person is able to continue hacking. Now please admit MCSG has alot of flaws.

Phillip

Platinum
Reaction score
Basically 2015 wasn't the greatest year. SO many things happened to create hate and what not. It was overall one of the worst years. Although things were being worked on in 2015 to be released soon into 2016 to make this year the best we've seen. Hopefully all goes to plan and this turns out to be the year MCGamer peaks in all categories.

Also, I could help but notice you had a clan Maelstrom awhile ago Salamancer101 . Guess I'm living it on. I had made one called Maelstrom on the 6th of January. :)

cmk950003

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey all.

Some of you may remember me, most will not. I was big in the clan scene and ran two notable clans; Sovereign and Vanguard. Around 2 years ago I left out of boredom and pursued other games (Currently LoL and CSGO).

Lately I decided to come back and play a few rounds, for old times sake. I was overwhelmed by fast paced maps with only one OP route. I would get dominated a few minutes by the group or individual who got stacked the fastest.

I remember constantly seeing donors and mods everywhere. What happened to that? The competitive clan scene also died out a bit. Did we ever get custom clan battle servers? Everything just seems so lifeless and dull and I have no idea what happened.

Someone explain?

Thanks,
-Sal
what what what up

Salamancer101

Platinum
Reaction score
Server isn't dead; Thousands of players during peak.

Definitely improvements to be made, but that's a matter of if they are at all possible given current circumstances. I'm not in a position to be calling the shots right now.
While a regular 2k players is nothing to scoff at, compared to the 2013/14 version of MCSG, the server has taken a large turn for the worse.

In my opinion, the thing that killed MCSG is how there's no dedicated community anymore. What used to be an intricate network of clans, friends, and staff has turned into a mindless group of hackers and tryhards. What happened to all the community events? Hell Games? Clan wars is dead. Does Chad stream?

The server is still breathing, but unfortunately the glory days are long gone. No matter how many fancy map and website updates they put up, the underlying problems will eventually dismantle the server.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
While a regular 2k players is nothing to scoff at, compared to the 2013/14 version of MCSG, the server has taken a large turn for the worse.

In my opinion, the thing that killed MCSG is how there's no dedicated community anymore. What used to be an intricate network of clans, friends, and staff has turned into a mindless group of hackers and tryhards. What happened to all the community events? Hell Games? Clan wars is dead. Does Chad stream?

The server is still breathing, but unfortunately the glory days are long gone. No matter how many fancy map and website updates they put up, the underlying problems will eventually dismantle the server.
Sometimes I do wish I could take over a large portion of things here and make the community fantastic. :/

Evile

Survivor
Reaction score
Sometimes I do wish I could take over a large portion of things here and make the community fantastic. :/
Sixzo I understand that thought. But the issue is, you can't have a vibrant community, thriving with clan battles and fun if no one plays. Older players from 2012-2013 R practically long gone and only play for shits and giggles, they don't rly care. Newer players don't comprehend the older glory the server had, and don't utilize their capabilities of having fun like older players did Becuz they don't know how. Community is ruined with cheaters, and games like league and csgo, where it is a lot harder to cheat, are just seemingly more appealing on every physical plane. U can't bring the old ppl back, u can only create a better server for those new ppl

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Dude you were an admin
Yes, very briefly, and during a rather poor time. I was caught and swept up in a lot of clan issues, as well as some staff issues. I also didn't have knowledge back then that I have now.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hey all.

Some of you may remember me, most will not. I was big in the clan scene and ran two notable clans; Sovereign and Vanguard. Around 2 years ago I left out of boredom and pursued other games (Currently LoL and CSGO).

Lately I decided to come back and play a few rounds, for old times sake. I was overwhelmed by fast paced maps with only one OP route. I would get dominated a few minutes by the group or individual who got stacked the fastest.

I remember constantly seeing donors and mods everywhere. What happened to that? The competitive clan scene also died out a bit. Did we ever get custom clan battle servers? Everything just seems so lifeless and dull and I have no idea what happened.

Someone explain?

Thanks,
-Sal
A superb question indeed Sal. One I'd love to weigh in on, in fact, to share the opinion of someone who's seen things from both the bare ends of the community to the higher staff side.

In fact, it would be nice to address everyone who's been a part of the discussion here because this thread is a nice break from most of the over-the-top rude "MCSG is dying" types. It's a relief to see some intellectual discussion and honest evaluations from people who have seen MCSG at various points in time.

Ok, anyway.

It's no surprise, nor big secret that gameplay has changed drastically. Then again, from what I've seen it's been driven to change ever since MCSG V2 came out and introduced slightly more overpowered tier 2 chests. As time has gone on, we lost the people from the original community, and eventually things became more competitive, things shifted, people came and went. That's how life works really, as much as we'd love to preserve the tightly knit community that has always been MCSG's biggest pride, things will change.

I find it ironic now, because back in 2013 everyone's biggest complaints were that the server was growing too much, and the community was too big and less knit together, and now we just wish the server would grow again hahah.

As the game and PvP scene expanded, servers eventually began to mix player bases, and servers were created from this slightly more mixed puddle to create more competitive scenes. As things became more competitive, the overall community (of PvP- not just MCSG) gained more players who were introduced in a more competitive scene, and many of the "less toxic" ideals were thrown out the window as things became more about winning, not having fun.

In general, some people over time moved on from Survival Games, and the server attempted to adjust to that. Things were never "worse", they were simply different. Coming from someone who has been here before, through, and after the change, things only seem drastically different if you look back and compare now to three years ago.

Here's the most important thing to keep in mind, however:
No matter how much things change, there is never truly a point of no return in our case. I can't recall exactly how many times I've said this, but we just have to keep going. Enjoy the game as we know it, and build on that. Instead of focusing on what things were, and thinking that things now aren't as good, look back on things that were, remember them well, and only focus on what you as an individual can control. There have been a plethora of broken ties between people in this community, especially a general distrust and dislike between the community and staff, but a thing that people forget is that we're all still here. Everyone who's still playing, still suggesting, still pushing for what they think is a good change (no matter how argumentative) still cares about the network and the game. If the entire community was to represent something they thought was a good idea to be implemented, by all means it will be implemented! But things can't be done prematurely because while the forums is a primary ground for representation, we don't represent the whole network and we have to make sure that when something is implemented, it is for the greater good.

The final message here is just to never think that things are gone, because if you look back on, say, the old clan scene and think "Hey, that was fun" and still have the desire to be a part of that, then you should pursue that, and continue being in clans and enjoying it, and once we all focus on what we love here, things can improve morale-wise and then we can all work together to get what we want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci