• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Suggestions

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
Hello there beautiful people! It is I Jackson or, as you may know me better, Lunarist!

Being a Staff member on MCGamer has it's ups and downs, one of the downs being that some users constantly tell us that we don't do our job. It becomes extremely stressful when non Staff tell us this because we really do a lot behind the scenes.

So, instead of telling us in-game that we do nothing, you can use this thread to tell us!

- What do you think we should do more of?
- Anything we should do that we do not do already?
- What do you think we should do less of?
- Anything else you would like to add?

Thank you for taking the time to suggest things to the Staff team. Your time is valued to us and so is your enjoyment of the server. I can assure you we will try our best to make sure you have a great time on MCGamer! As always, have a fantastic day!

Disclaimer:
Any and all flame will not be tolerated at all on this thread. If you do post disrespectful or abusive posts in reply you will be punished accordingly.

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hey, this should be a really cool post! I'm interested to see what will come out of it. Anyway, I guess I have a question for you. In your experience, roughly what percentage of mods disguise when they go into game? Because I never see any mods in game when I play. Perhaps with more visibility of mods in game, hackers might abstain from cheating in these servers, and with enough mods to cover each active lobby (lol), leave the game entirely. Or, they could assist people complaining about hackers in game, who never seem to use /report.

Basically, I'm really curious to know if mods often disguise, because I really do not see them outside of the hub.

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
Hey, this should be a really cool post! I'm interested to see what will come out of it. Anyway, I guess I have a question for you. In your experience, roughly what percentage of mods disguise when they go into game? Because I never see any mods in game when I play. Perhaps with more visibility of mods in game, hackers might abstain from cheating in these servers, and with enough mods to cover each active lobby (lol), leave the game entirely. Or, they could assist people complaining about hackers in game, who never seem to use /report.

Basically, I'm really curious to know if mods often disguise, because I really do not see them outside of the hub.
When Moderators go in-game to spectate a player who is breaking the rules we go into a certain gamemode in which normal players cannot see us in the /list. So just remember, you may not always see us in the game, but most of the time we are!

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
When Moderators go in-game to spectate a player who is breaking the rules we go into a certain gamemode in which normal players cannot see us in the /list. So just remember, you may not always see us in the game, but most of the time we are!
I mean when they're playing, mods do play, right?

Nicko

Quantum
Reaction score
- What do you think we should do more of? OMN Weekly.
- Anything we should do that we do not do already? Nah.
- What do you think we should do less of? Deadly Descent / UHC Worlds
- Anything else you would like to add? A "No Poke" For Platinum's + On TeamSpeak.

Lunarist

Quantum
Reaction score
- What do you think we should do more of? OMN Weekly.
- Anything we should do that we do not do already? Nah.
- What do you think we should do less of? Deadly Descent / UHC Worlds
- Anything else you would like to add? A "No Poke" For Platinum's + On TeamSpeak.
These are more suggestions for the server in whole, not things we as Staff members should/not do.

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score

In regards of playing games most mods do disguise while in game so people don't flood them or target, (sometimes we like to just play the game too xD) but as to mod visibility if the player is hacking it's a lot easier for us to spec them disguised or in gamemaster after we die because if they know we're there and don't hack we can't ban them and keep them from hacking at all, you know?

Komorebis

Spectator
Reaction score
It's a bit off-topic, however I don't know of any other place to address this. Before the stats reset, we were able to see our in-game ranks from doing a simple /stats. Now, people don't know their exact ranks on the servers and it was super nice to know if you were in the top 1000.

Offlook

Yurleth
Reaction score
I know that mods do a lot and I just got mod, so I mean I can't suggest anything but I feel that We, the staff will be looking foward to see what you think we need to do! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci