• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Suggestions

J

District 13
Reaction score
This is going to be a lengthy post, sorry about that in advance.

The staff team is far from perfect, every server's staff is and there's really no way for a staff team to be perfect, there will always be flaws in each one. MCGamer's Staff is currently people that join the forums a month beforehand, most likely they don't even have 100 messages, and they're people no one has ever seen before. This is the one of the many problems it has right now, the hiring process.

I've heard that some mods actually consider MCGamer somewhat of a job. Understandable in my point of view and if they do consider it a job, it should be somewhat treated like one. In the real world, when you apply for a job, you'll hand in your resume with a list of where you studied, what you did beforehand, etc. This resume is basically the written application to becoming a moderator as well as the activity this player has on this server, teamspeak, and the forums, something, especially the forums that has not been looked at too well. It doesn't look good when there's a mod and he's only been on the forums for a month or so with few to none messages. It creates a distrust between the players and the staff. While I do realize that it shouldn't matter when they join, it's still good to see mods that have been on the forums since early 2015 or 2014. Matter two of this subject is basically, their messages. Of course quality is over quantity in any matter, but it's displeasing as well to see mods under 100 messages. Adding on, it doesn't look too good as well because it shows that they may not be that active overall because of this.

Moving forward, Moderators in hubs. I'm not sure if this is still a thing, but many many Moderators go AFK in hubs. At most times, this is a mistake many people do and it's understandable as well. Though because of these mistakes, people are mislead by their eyes that Moderators are

• Not responding to their requests.
  • Lazy and wishes not to help anyone.
  • Have no care for the server they moderate on.
This is definitely not true, I'm quite sure I can say that most if not all of the moderators deeply care for this server which is why they applied in the first place, but it's these tiny actions that give the community a different eye on them instead. It would be very beneficial if the developers would be able to create a plugin that automatically kicks players out of hubs when they're AFK for too long, especially for moderators so that people don't tend to get the wrong idea of them.

Teamspeak, besides going into the hub to request a moderator's help, this is another way and more efficient/beneficial in my opinion. By going on teamspeak, you're able to poke any moderator who is currently available so that you can receive the help you need. Of course there is some needed improvements here as well, many of the Moderators tend to go on there and play games such as CS:GO, League of Legends, etc. Because of this, some don't respond to pokes when they are poked leaving the wrong impression on them yet again. While there isn't a magical solution to fix this, all I ask is that Moderators pay more attention while they're talking to one of their friends.

So my last suggestion; human responses. Why is it that some moderators are more favored than others? Well, they don't make some of the mistakes I mentioned above, they might be from 2012-2013 making them quite a veteran, or they actually make human responses. It's irritating to see a Moderator repeat the same thing over and over again.
i.e. "Please do not flood the chat." "Please do not spam the chat." "Please do not the chat."

It's irritating and just overall annoying to see this over and over again, we'd much rather you guys interact with the community while giving out warnings. It's refreshing to chat with a mod, see how they're doing, etc. By doing this, not only do you erase the impression that all Moderators are robots, but you create a more interactive community in-game as well as a more respectful community just by interacting with others. I've said it already, but it's just really annoying to see some Moderators acting uptight and above others. My word of advice, chill, you don't have to act so professional, there are times when you have to, but remember, this is a block game, don't just go in the hub and act like this stern poophead everyone will end up hating, interact with the community while doing your job. It's something you don't see that often anymore, just by saying "What's up guys?" or "How's everyone's day been?" will make the community feel more relaxed and safer.

One last analogy referring to the above; does anyone like a strict parent? No of course not, we want to have fun. Be one of those people who knows how to have fun and strict or professional when needed, don't be so uptight all the time or else you'll end up as that one party-pooper.

Dear Lord, how much did I write...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci