• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Struggles Of Swimming

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
No competitive swimmer has the fear of drowning.

Here is why:

1. Most competitive swimmers can tread for at least an hours above the water without using their hands.
(Not BS, During the swim unit for my class I had to teach treading and I treaded for the full one hour and wasn't tired at the end of it. )

2. We do multiple exercises using a foam thing that goes between your legs called a Pull Buoy. This prevents us from using our legs and we paddle through the water at fairly fast rates.

3. We also use foam boards called kickboards and we hold them out infront and we keep kicking.

I'm pretty sure anyone who has been in competitive swimming for at least 6 months can stay above water for a while without using 2 of their limbs, maybe even three.

However for rowing, it's a different story ;)
Hands on oars. Don't flip.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I have been on a swim team and this is now my 7th year. I do agree with all of your statements 100%! Just know your not alone! xD
XD. I had to use the snorkel yesterday because of long course. My coach said it would 'help' me. I hate that piece of plastic.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Struggles of Swimming:
1. Forgetting how to swim and nearly drowning to death
2. Cramps

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I got taught how to swim by my aunt before she was Diagnosed with like 3 different diseases, she always pushed me to do my best and I haven't stopped swimming since the day I learnt how to swim.

I now swim every time I finish in the gym, just to cool off ;P

Should of gone pro. :/

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
I got taught how to swim by my aunt before she was Diagnosed with like 3 different diseases, she always pushed me to do my best and I haven't stopped swimming since the day I learnt how to swim.

I now swim every time I finish in the gym, just to cool off ;P

Should of gone pro. :/
^

Aidan

Platinum
Reaction score
i took swimming afterschool for 5 years it hurt :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members