• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion about dealing with hackers

Perm-ban hackers on first offense?

• Total voters

AW1996

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello guys,

So after dying to hackers over and over again and sometimes even seeing about 5 hackers in one game, I was a bit frustrated and thought about ways to reduce the amount of hackers drastically.
After a while and having seen this on another MC server, I thought: Maybe it is a good idea to perm-ban hackers on the first offense. It might be a bit unfair because people won't have the chance to learn from their mistakes because the account won't get unbanned but in my opinion, the amount of hackers has just gotten too high and is ruining every legit player's fun on MCSG and I think it is obvious that using hacked clients is not allowed and this might be the only way to stop the increase in hackers (at least on EU).

What do you guys think of the idea? Leave your opinions down below and answer the poll!

Have a great day :)

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes please. The server doesn't 'owe' anyone a second chance. There are too many hackers and it's time to crack down. However with this I would like players to spawn with books in all the prevalent languages making clear that this is the policy.

Last edited:

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
You obviously haven't seen the state of EU then.
Yeah I don't play EU, :p
Why can't EU players just play on US or whatever is closer to them? I play on AU occasionally and get the same connection I do on US. And I live on the east coast, farthest away from Australia.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah I don't play EU, :p
Why can't EU players just play on US or whatever is closer to them? I play on AU occasionally and get the same connection I do on US. And I live on the east coast, farthest away from Australia.
I've tried; it's that bad. Bu 150ms ping is just not worth it.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Definetly! My brother was on my account and hacked on mineplex and I can never get unbanned, and mineplex is such a smaller community, they've gotta put this as a first offence:/

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Definetly! My brother was on my account and hacked on mineplex and I can never get unbanned, and mineplex is such a smaller community, they've gotta put this as a first offence:/
Actually, mineplex is one of the most played servers...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci