• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Suggestion about dealing with hackers

Perm-ban hackers on first offense?

• Total voters
R

roguehh

The question of whether to perm ban on a first offense has been brought up many, many times. I have stated my opinion on this in an earlier thread. Now, can any of the supporters of the current rule explain to me the value of giving hackers a second chance? Because I haven't read any other argument than something along the lines of 'it's just what we do.' Certainly, there comes a point when that isn't good enough anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jlioner

Well hackers are really annoying but if you permban them you could permban innocent people and they have no chance to come back after a while...
I personally doubt the impartiality of some mods...

R

roguehh

Well hackers are really annoying but if you permban them you could permban innocent people and they have no chance to come back after a while...
I personally doubt the impartiality of some mods...
I'm well aware that moderators make mistakes. I know for a fact I have made some during my time as a moderator. But fortunately there's a system in place to correct those mistakes: a system of Ban Disputes. Also, in my opinion the length of a ban doesn't have anything to do with the legitimacy of it. No one should passively endure a ban or have a ban on their record which they think is unjustified. If you believe a ban is unfair, dispute it.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
If hackers are caught with video evidence they should be banned but then allowed to be given a chance to pay a fee to get unbanned. After that if the get caught hacking they should be perm bamned. In my opinion there should be no tolerance for hackers and there should not be give a second chance but one chance seems fair enough. Everyone makes mistakes.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that the people complaining about hackers on the forums should stop sitting on their asses being lazy and record+report some hackers. Yes I know this is a mods job and maybe we do need more mods on EU, but if you can figure out how to make a forum account and post threads then you can report hackers. We shouldn't rely on the staff too much, they want to play mcsg too not just spend all their time banning hackers. The idea of perma banning instantly is not going to work, a lot of good players get banned because of skill and good ping. Plus if someone like a kid gets banned, he may not know how to make a forum account to appeal (say he wasn't hacking) then he couldn't get unbanned.

R

roguehh

a lot of good players get banned because of skill and good ping.
Simply not true. It's not hard to distinguish a skilled player from a hacker. Hackers behave in a way non-hacking users never could. The staff are very capable of making this distinction and do so on a daily basis. Of course, everybody makes a mistake from time to time. But like I said before, we have a system of Ban Appeals to correct those mistakes.

Plus if someone like a kid gets banned, he may not know how to make a forum account to appeal (say he wasn't hacking) then he couldn't get unbanned.
When a banned player tries to log on to MCGamer they get information on the reason and duration of their ban, and a link where to dispute it. So everyone should be able to dispute their ban if they want to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci