• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 1.8 Update - Don't hate it.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I understand your point of view, but I guess my position is different. Although I am an Ex- Senior Staff Member, I have played and been involved with clans for far before I even considered becoming a staff member.

For me at least, and a few others, it is simply 'we can't play on 1.8 competitively'. Sure, I might be able to run through the odd game, without having a lag spike during a fight, but I can't take a risk like that in a clan war.

My computer can run 1.8 and I can play on it, yes, but I can't play how I want to play.
I know others share this view, maybe not as many as I suspected, and no matter what happens we will lose a sector of the community.

I shouldn't have phrased it as I did, but I enjoy this game for what I have done in the past. If I can't do that, which is what would happen with this update, then I will not enjoy the game, and generally end up growing away from the community. I'm not quitting as such, but I would grow apart from MCGamer in general with this update.

And is it worth losing that small sector for what? Some barriers? New blocks that would rarely be used? I'm not sure.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I am very subjective, if y'all can't tell, but I still can learn to change my opinion.
Perhaps if you were still Sr.mod maybe you could change the way higher-ups see this subject. I've personally gotten used to the were, whether I can or can not play the game the way I want to play it, it doesn't bothers me.

I guess after playing the game for so long with all the imperfections of my computer, you get used to it; I try to make the best from what I have, and if I can't improve it, well at least I tried.

As I said, it is game breaking for competitive pvpers ;)
I'm not exactly competitive, but I can say that I can pvp on 1.7! xD I can't pvp on 1.8 doe.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
I support 1.7 not because of the bad framerate, because of the inactive ability to change, as well as the difference in framerate for some very good players with extremely terrible computers. I get 400 FPS with max settings on Icarus (Fallen) but in 1.8 it drops to 100, occasionally dropping to 20. Many people will leave the computer, but will that matter? Yes it will.

Here is the problem with MCGamer: The developers rush way to quickly to bring a result that is not optimized, not letting it being playable. MCGamer makes decisions majority of the community would completely hate. The day MCGamer v2 came out, the chat was flooded in the global chat mode about how they hated the new version and either or it is just terrible. That was nearly 2 months ago, and nothing was done yet, as it has seemed. The poll for a new statistics started 3 months ago, statistics reset was hoped during Thanksgiving break, but that declined as well. Furthermore I just lost hope, especially when December break came around.

Another problem about the MCGamer administration team, or developer team in that case, doesn't improve at all the no-cheat system. I have seen fly hackers within the time the Xime no cheat was added, as well as no knockback hackers. This is not only about the hackers on the servers, but also about how progressed a tiny server Badlion is. Badlion bans a lot more hackers than MCSG I can tell you that right now per SECOND, and to actually clutch the people on the server and hope them to stay by saying "Oh, they are just doing bug fixes." What are they doing now after 3 months? More bug fixing? No. That is irreasonable.

An alternative problem aside from the hackers, is that Minecraft allows people to change their versions independently. MCGamer did not allow it as a choice to stay on 1.7. Mojang (now owned by Microsoft) still is actually making bugfixes to their update for even more optimization. MCGamer = buggy, 1.8 = buggy, buggy + buggy = even more buggy.

Better blocks? Faster frames? The framerate all depends on your processor. and graphics card on how fasts it handles the data. Not everyone has good computers. Oh, and the better blocks statement - it is best to make a software ergonomically useful, but useless with aesthetics, than aesthetically, but useless with use.

Nhyx

Spectator
Reaction score
¿What is more important in a PvP Server? A good PvP or New Block,armor stands... ? GG Blockhitting, GG Texture Packs 1.7 and GG Good PvP ;)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
What if your on your laptop thats worth like nothing now and your to lazy to get up and go on your good PC? What am I saying I don't play this Lego game anymore?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why haven't people caught on to the fact that new updates tend to be laggy? It's happened for as long as I've played Minecraft, and that's since 1.2.

Fishyyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Mooclan, I completely agree that the amount of hate is unreasonable. But another important fact that you missed is that Minecraft name change is coming out in February which means that the server will have to be 1.8 for the effect to happen, I believe. Overall, amazing thread! :)

DaGaxriexz

Survivor
Reaction score
Ik so many people that might quit because of this update... They are gonna go 2 hive instead. This 1.8 update is something else compared 2 the others. The pvp changed. You dont get the same hits. Can't blockhit the rod looks weird same with the bow. Textures pack bugged. 1.8 is just bad o yea and the fps is terrible.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
an important fact that you missed is that Minecraft name change is coming out in February which means that the server will have to be 1.8 for the effect to happen
How does the upcoming name change mean the server has to be in 1.8? I have never heard of this, point me to your sources please?

StratergyGaming

Spectator
Reaction score
As much as 1.8 sucks I would recommend to get optifine for 1.8 and just start using it now rather than complaining. If you start now by the time you have to use 1.8 you will already be "semi-used" to it. Rather than complaining, just take the edge over other people whilst you can.

V

Viretine

Thank you so much! We can't stay on 1.7 forever. It's good to change and gain some new features.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One question: can players see barrier particles when nearby? I have a feeling that some people would randomly run into the wall.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci