• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 5th MCGamer Awards (Quarter Quell Edition): Nominations Now Open!

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score
We realize it is Christmas and people may not make it, that's understandable. Instead of making it a community event on TS, we decided a livestream of the event would make it much more accessible to people if they aren't available to talk or go on their computer.

The pros and cons were discussed, but we decided that having the results given on Christmas will make it all the more special :)
I agree with Giggity69Goo about the date issue. Honestly, a lot of people would rather spend time with their family and stuff rather than watch a livestream of mcgamer. I understand that twitch can be accessed on mobile and what not, but that would be pretty awkward to watch a livestream on your phone, in your living room while people are opening gifts, playing games, etc. Couldn't the awards be posted on a later date? Maybe a few days after New Years? I know that's a couple weeks longer but a lot of people are pretty tied up Christmas vacation. Or make it earlier. I see a lot of the people on these forums are ages 10-16. There are a lot of older ones but in generality, that's what I see. When you are that age, spending time with family on Christmas Eve is a must. MCGamer can do what they want, but why would you pick a date that a lot of people are sure to be busy on?

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Don't pull the ban dispute excuse on me staff say it every other second but in case you weren't aware staff into always fair. Justl said one word in chat but tomahawk got butthurt over it and requested Chad permban him which was successful. Also, how does a permban give someone an overall lasting negative impression that's bull****. For example, you aren't banned but I've never even heard of you and I don't expect that many people have, leaving you with a neutral impression. In contrast, everyone loves justltheworst, PhiIIY67, etc. I don't see your point. If someone deserves an award and earns it, it should be granted. It's not promoting getting banned by awarding a banned player, it's merely giving them the recognition they deserve. Regardless of what you say, it's incorrect, and I can guarantee you 90% of the community agrees (not including staff ofc.)
Ah yes, a classic case of dogmatization. Are you even aware of how the staff and the banning process works? No one is banned without reason.

> Justl said one word in chat but tomahawk got butthurt over it and requested Chad permban him which was successful.

I can assure you that didn't happen that way. If they got permabanned it was because they had prior offenses. VIPs can't just request people be banned. Well, they can, but those are called report abuses and anyone can do those.

> Also, how does a permban give someone an overall lasting negative impression

Because it shows you are unable to respect the rules.

> For example, you aren't banned but I've never even heard of you and I don't expect that many people have,

I've never once heard of you. Your point is illogical.

> In contrast, everyone loves justltheworst, PhiIIY67, etc

Sure, they had friends. So does everybody. They broke the rules and got punished. They just had people who were vocal about it.

> Regardless of what you say, it's incorrect,

This is a fallacy known as dogmatism, which means forcing your opinion on others regardless of proof, and dismissing others claim, again, without proof. You only know the banned players' stories, you do not know the staff's side of things. Don't be so quick to dismiss a staff member's stance.

> and I can guarantee you 90% of the community agrees (not including staff ofc.)

Clearly you have asked every single one of the 2.75 million people who have played on the servers. Do not instantly assume the entire community will back you up.

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thank you Lively, I was about to post something very similar.

As for the Christmas day dilemma, it can be discussed. But as of now that is when it will be happening :)

Reclaimer_HD

Diamond
Reaction score
Best Owner really? I think there is only one owner in mcsg network unless u count the Co-Owner if there is any

Reclaimer_HD

Diamond
Reaction score
Ah yes, a classic case of dogmatization. Are you even aware of how the staff and the banning process works? No one is banned without reason.

> Justl said one word in chat but tomahawk got butthurt over it and requested Chad permban him which was successful.

I can assure you that didn't happen that way. If they got permabanned it was because they had prior offenses. VIPs can't just request people be banned. Well, they can, but those are called report abuses and anyone can do those.

> For example, you aren't banned but I've never even heard of you and I don't expect that many people have,

Sure, they had friends. So does everybody. They broke the rules and got punished. They just had people who were vocal about it.

This is a fallacy known as dogmatism, which means forcing your opinion on others regardless of proof, and dismissing others claim, again, without proof. You only know the banned players' stories, you do not know the staff's side of things. Don't be so quick to dismiss a staff member's stance.

> and I can guarantee you 90% of the community agrees (not including staff ofc.)

Clearly you have asked every single one of the 2.75 million people who have played on the servers. Do not instantly assume the entire community will back you up.
dont see why you had to wright so much lel but u do have a point

Cystolith

Survivor
Reaction score

It's not that VIPs can request people to be banned and it happens. Firstly, he had only one prior offense for abuse. Secondly, people can be banned without reason on one condition: if Chad wants to, he can. Tomahawk was angry that Justl made fun of him, referencing "4head", and asked that he be permanently banned. Not sure where it went from there specifically, but Justl ended up permanently banned for that reason. And as for the lasting negative impression, that is incorrect. What you end with has nothing to do with what matters. If an olympic swimmer littered and died two minutes later, what do people remember him as, negative or positive?? As for your second-to-last point, I've known a few senior mods (one of which is now admin) and dozens of moderators, plenty of which I'm still friends with now. Guess what, they have a tendency to agree if they're in the regular pvp community or just community of regular players instead of those who hermit themselves among other staff members. And for your final point, I'm not regarding them. I'm regarding those who actually touch the forums, know what they're doing on the servers, etc. Who cares about JohnDoe12345 they make no difference to anyone whatsoever. I'm talking about people who are influential on the community at least a little like Soulv2, kranzo, nativetalent, harborseal, chriscomedies, attackdog91, africannswallow, anyone who actually knows what the living hell they're actually doing. Now don't be the stereotypical staff/ex-staff member who defends every single thing everybody does in staff as if they're perfect. They make mistakes, they do wrong, etc.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is overall exciting to participate in voting for those who deserve some recognition, I would definitely be looking in to the "Best forumer" one especially. There are a lot of great people that should be noted for, like BitoBain and Nirmit. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci