• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Biggest Problem with MCSG's Community

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Felt this was needed.

Anyway, first I'd like to address the fact that this ISN'T the biggest problem with MCSG. Whether it's those that target, the plugin lagging the hell out of the server on a regular basis, or a broken disguise command, this issue is just another thing to tack onto the list.

Getting into the actual issue at hand, harassment is harassment, and if you didn't know, that's a rule on MCGamer. If you see anyone harassing another player and it's obvious, tell a mod and BOOM, it's over with. Yes, I know, it's not always that simple because in cases it may not be obvious and could be passed off for "being nice" or something. If that is the case, politely ask the person to leave you alone, and if it continues, I'm pretty sure there's an "ignore" button on the forums you can press.

Not to get euphoric fedora-wearing neckbeard up in this joint, but I'd like to say harassment goes both ways. While everyone deals with it differently, I personally ignore it. I'll get people tweeting at me, commenting, or chatting in game saying "emg tomohack i want ur body", and honestly, I don't mind it. Yes, it's different for girls, but once again, that "ignore" button sure does work wonders. Or if you're in a game, lobby hop or something.

To wrap this up, while I do believe that this is an issue that needs to be solved, it's a societal issue that exists outside of MCGamer and won't be fixed any time soon. Until that time comes, we must all live with it.

-Tomohack

Edit: I found a thread OP made that is kinda sorta ironic to what was said in this thread, here it is for your reading pleasure. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/whos-hot-whos-not-mcsg-competition-idea.93466/

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

Felt this was needed.

Anyway, first I'd like to address the fact that this ISN'T the biggest problem with MCSG. Whether it's those that target, the plugin lagging the hell out of the server on a regular basis, or a broken disguise command, this issue is just another thing to tack onto the list.

Getting into the actual issue at hand, harassment is harassment, and if you didn't know, that's a rule on MCGamer. If you see anyone harassing another player and it's obvious, tell a mod and BOOM, it's over with. Yes, I know, it's not always that simple because in cases it may not be obvious and could be passed off for "being nice" or something. If that is the case, politely ask the person to leave you alone, and if it continues, I'm pretty sure there's an "ignore" button on the forums you can press.

Not to get euphoric fedora-wearing neckbeard up in this joint, but I'd like to say harassment goes both ways. While everyone deals with it differently, I personally ignore it. I'll get people tweeting at me, commenting, or chatting in game saying "emg tomohack i want ur body", and honestly, I don't mind it. Yes, it's different for girls, but once again, that "ignore" button sure does work wonders. Or if you're in a game, lobby hop or something.

To wrap this up, while I do believe that this is an issue that needs to be solved, it's a societal issue that exists outside of MCGamer and won't be fixed any time soon. Until that time comes, we must all live with it.

-Tomohack
However, it's not blatant harassment. You can follow someone who hates you everywhere they go, and it's called stalking. But if you just "happen to run into them" several times a day, what then? It's not always obvious, and people sometimes do it under the pretenses of "Being friendly" or "Casually joking around".

Sometimes it might happen by some of our most active members, who sometimes post useful things that shouldn't be ignored, like guides or interesting feature suggestions, tip threads, or more. People tend to use the "Ignore" button for extreme cases only, and putting dozens of people on that list could cause trouble - I've seen someone have a member on their ignore list, and they accidentally continued to debate a point that was just thoroughly and cleanly answered, simply because they didn't see that person's post, because of something that happened months ago.

However, you do still give valid points, and it is an issue with not just MCSG. It's an international issue that happens in all sorts of places, and all sorts of communities. This thread simply points out that it occurs, and is, in fact, almost common on MCG, where it should not happen at all.

(Oh, and that gif is absolutely, absurdly, side-breakingly, hilarious.)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
It's interesting to hear your points, but I do have to ask what you guys think is more important than this :/
This is one of the largest issues - Worldwide. Within MCSG's community, I think one of the larger issues would be correcting the rumors flying around about the staff, getting bans of people such as the infamous The Arena Master cleared up, and whatnot. Within the MCSG Servers, I think it'd be the lag issues and hackers.
The issue that you are bringing up, the harassment one, is not simply something limited to MCSG, but is partially within MCSG.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
However, it's not blatant harassment. You can follow someone who hates you everywhere they go, and it's called stalking. But if you just "happen to run into them" several times a day, what then? It's not always obvious, and people sometimes do it under the pretenses of "Being friendly" or "Casually joking around".

Sometimes it might happen by some of our most active members, who sometimes post useful things that shouldn't be ignored, like guides or interesting feature suggestions, tip threads, or more. People tend to use the "Ignore" button for extreme cases only, and putting dozens of people on that list could cause trouble - I've seen someone have a member on their ignore list, and they accidentally continued to debate a point that was just thoroughly and cleanly answered, simply because they didn't see that person's post, because of something that happened months ago.

However, you do still give valid points, and it is an issue with not just MCSG. It's an international issue that happens in all sorts of places, and all sorts of communities. This thread simply points out that it occurs, and is, in fact, almost common on MCG, where it should not happen at all.

(Oh, and that gif is absolutely, absurdly, side-breakingly, hilarious.)
lol that was me. had an argument with a thread maker who wasn't really a thread maker because he was ignored.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello MCSG, this is something that has continually been growing more and more on my nerves, and it's something that no one seems to address but that should be completely addressed. It's gotten to the point now where it's such common practice that everyone overlooks it and turns their shoulder on it, but I think it's time a thread discussing it was made.

The main problem I'm referring to is the constant need for guys to post on a girl's wall if they find them even somewhat attractive and sometimes go as far as to basically sexually harass them. They'll basically just try and get with the girl and will always post on their wall, and it's starting to grow on my nerves. They don't even look at the person's attitude and who they are, they just think "She's attractive? I better message her now and then we can date." I know many guys on the forums might disagree with me on this, but it's honestly getting ridiculous. A girl can't even go on the forums these days without being completely fluttered by guys.

Now, how do we stop it? Well, you can't really. The guy will just defend that he was trying to be nice (Even though it's pretty obvious he's only talking to her because he finds her attractive). The truth is imagine if the girl was just some guy but with the same personality. They would get way less people talking to him because guys are just trying to get with some attractive girl (even though it's probably never going to happen).

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong on this, but it has just gotten so out of hand, especially when you see people post "unzips" on a girl's wall or just making sexually suggestive or advancing remarks. Guys, come on, you're better then that. It's okay to find a girl attractive, but that doesn't mean you need to do those kinds of things.

Also, while it's not usually the girl's fault there is one thing. Girls really shouldn't be posting photos showing a lot of cleavage, because that's just trying to get guys to notice you. While that might be your intent, it just displays a bad image of yourself. Anyway, I don't know if this bugs anyone else, but I hope a few people can side with me on this.
I would refer to it more as chivalry. A guy is trying to be nice for a simple fact that she is a girl, not all of us have these secret sexual agendas...

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just because someone is being nice to a female doesn't mean they want the V. People really need to stop exaggerating. If a guy is being creepy, block him and report him to a moderator. It isn't hard to do.
I almost forgot we had a block button ._.

Writer

Career
Reaction score
I agree with Voei here, at the worst - I find it rather funny when someone posts on my wall (personally). I see that others girls may not view the situation the same way, but there are ways to avoid it..like it says above, you report them..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci