• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The CA Situation

Would you like to see the CA servers come back

• Total voters

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I loved the CA servers, I really did, and I would love to see them bring back an eastern US/CA server so I can actually play with good ping again, but the reality is, they need to worry about the current issues they have like fns/eating/arrow glitches. This has needed fixed for quite awhile now.

r i p

Quantum
Reaction score
I loved the CA servers, I really did, and I would love to see them bring back an eastern US/CA server so I can actually play with good ping again, but the reality is, they need to worry about the current issues they have like fns/eating/arrow glitches. This has needed fixed for quite awhile now.

Drake

Career
Reaction score
if CA servers come back im killing it. im gonna tryhard, buy 50 alts and diamond donors lets go

Hiperdino

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
I've read a lot of threads about the old CA community. It seems like it was utopia for all east-coat players to play with decent ping and have a smaller, tight-knit community.

CA was closed as month by month there was a constant loss of money. As much as MCGamer is a community - it's also a business and the constant loss of money was obviously not sufficient.

I understand y'alls frustration but I honestly don't see another US location being added to our servers as there's more populated areas suffering with connection issues (AS).

I don't see why the CA community couldn't be replicated on US servers as there is only really a connection issue. I know some eastern players actually get better ping to EU so you could try that too : O

Thanks for not letting this thread get out of control and making logical points rather than uneducated spews. c:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Bringing back CA servers is a bad idea. Bringing them back as West Coast and East Coast better idea. CA went down because not enough East Coast players realized that they would have better ping on the CA server when they were a US player. It seems logical to think that you would have better ping on US server if you are from the US.

Whether it is good for the NA community to be split into two is up for debate.
+1

It's no longer an issue of region. It's distance to the servers. I believe we should have a eastern and western US server, as explained in this post. Otherwise, a more centralized position would be nice.

Phillip

Platinum
Reaction score
I've read a lot of threads about the old CA community. It seems like it was utopia for all east-coat players to play with decent ping and have a smaller, tight-knit community.

CA was closed as month by month there was a constant loss of money. As much as MCGamer is a community - it's also a business and the constant loss of money was obviously not sufficient.

I understand y'alls frustration but I honestly don't see another US location being added to our servers as there's more populated areas suffering with connection issues (AS).

I don't see why the CA community couldn't be replicated on US servers as there is only really a connection issue. I know some eastern players actually get better ping to EU so you could try that too : O

Thanks for not letting this thread get out of control and making logical points rather than uneducated spews. c:
I know my ping is only 10 worse to EU than it is to US. My issue is that that ping is still very high. 100-150 is the range I am use to seeing. I know my friend Matt here has a little better ping to EU if I recall correctly. I helped him with a few points here as well because CA was a great place for me and many others. I feel like a way the whole server could compromise is possibly moving the US host more towards center of the country. Possibly around Kansas or some of the surrounding states there. It would evenly spread the connections between Western and Eastern America, including most Canadians too.

ImTheNarwhal

District 13
Reaction score
I know my ping is only 10 worse to EU than it is to US. My issue is that that ping is still very high. 100-150 is the range I am use to seeing. I know my friend Matt here has a little better ping to EU if I recall correctly. I helped him with a few points here as well because CA was a great place for me and many others. I feel like a way the whole server could compromise is possibly moving the US host more towards center of the country. Possibly around Kansas or some of the surrounding states there. It would evenly spread the connections between Western and Eastern America, including most Canadians too.
I find that a lot more practical. It's a lot of extra work for our devs who are really busy squashing bugs with MCSG maker but it's something that could be discussed.

Thanks for the idea :thumbsup: (y)

Tilting

Spectator
Reaction score
Never really seen the CA servers, never knew they existed, but obviously since I am from Eastern Canada, I support this coming back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci