• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Forums Nowadays

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Dear MCGamer Community,

Let’s face it… the forums are inactive. We’re lacking threads that capture a user’s attention, and too many people clash and come in conflict on these forums. Ever since the beginning of 2015 the forums slowly turned from a friendly environment to one that is… well… not so friendly and interesting.

I know many of you say that “the forums are dead” however when writing this thread I knew the words I didn’t want to write was dead. The Merriam Webster definition for the word dead is “deprived of life; no longer alive”. Now the forums are pretty alive. However, it is now in a state where it is living but is lacking a sense of life. What i mean by this is that it’s still around and many people still use it, but it doesn’t have the amount of life and energy as it did in the past.

There is at least 1 thread every other day that really gets our attention and is something we really want to reply to. However I want to be a part of a change where we make the forums today like it was back in 2013/2014 where there were multiple threads that caught our attention and brought us users into a whole new conversation and side of the community. I want today like it was back then when people replied with full essays rather than just one word. I want today to be like it was in the past, and I can’t do that myself, I need all of the community’s help.

One of my reason’s for making this thread was so that the community can see that even in the eyes of an MCGamer Staff Member, not everything is always “A-Okay” and that there could be some rough patches from time to time. However, I have a bigger reason as to why I am making this thread. It’s to ask the rest of the community, what do you think could help this aspect of the community? What do you think could make the forums exuberant and thrilling as it was in the past? I’m sure us forum-users would love a change, so how about we all come together and see what we can do together to make the forums amazing!

TL;DR? lmao nah read the whole thing if you’re that interested.

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Forums weren't as good, as they use to be back in 2013

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
people ran out of things to talk about, 95% of all threads are repeated

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Well, Mooclan is back so hopefully we'll get more interesting threads. However, the forums are actually relatively as active, the only problem is they don't look active. Since Clans have been filtered out of the "New Posts" section, I realize how much life in the forums actually came from clans. Clans are active all day and night, it's kind of ridiculous, but us forumers who don't take part in that have lost the feel of threads always being posted on. I don't know if I'd turn Clans on if I could filter them in New Posts, but it would liven up the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci