• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Forums Nowadays

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
Well for one, the community is somewhat affecting this :/ I swear the only threads I see made constantly are clan threads :c Other than that, it would be more helpful if we had more topics to post about since a lot of topics have been posted before and people usually want originality in there posts. Personally, I prefer posts that are decently long but not essay sized :p Unless it is say a review of some kind (don't expect me to start up my album reviews again. It just will most likely not happen :/)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Well for one, the community is somewhat affecting this :/ I swear the only threads I see made constantly are clan threads :c Other than that, it would be more helpful if we had more topics to post about since a lot of topics have been posted before and people usually want originality in there posts. Personally, I prefer posts that are decently long but not essay sized :p Unless it is say a review of some kind (don't expect me to start up my album reviews again. It just will most likely not happen :/)
It's always been mostly clan threads, that's why they've been filtered out of the "New Posts" section. It's something that was constantly asked for, now, it's nice that you don't have to deal with them, but it takes away from the forums unfortunately. They seem less occupied than they actually are.

Nirrrmitt

Spectator
Reaction score
Are you trolling? That's really not funny.

I hate to say it... but I sort of agree XD

Sorry, what was that?

I can't hear you over the roar of my original threads coming soon
You want some! You are supposed to be mod not a hater
ever since nirmit left theres no example of what not to act like
I was probably a better forumer than you in my prime when I was serious.

But all jokes aside, I don't know what happened. The last year June-December was probably the best. We saw the rise of a lot of people. But they were so active that that either they are mod and are inactive on the forums or they aren't here at all.
I was a average forumer even at my prime, becuase there were so many rising forumers. The only thing I am proud of is the tribute times

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Dear MCGamer Community,

Let’s face it… the forums are inactive. We’re lacking threads that capture a user’s attention, and too many people clash and come in conflict on these forums. Ever since the beginning of 2015 the forums slowly turned from a friendly environment to one that is… well… not so friendly and interesting.

I know many of you say that “the forums are dead” however when writing this thread I knew the words I didn’t want to write was dead. The Merriam Webster definition for the word dead is “deprived of life; no longer alive”. Now the forums are pretty alive. However, it is now in a state where it is living but is lacking a sense of life. What i mean by this is that it’s still around and many people still use it, but it doesn’t have the amount of life and energy as it did in the past.

There is at least 1 thread every other day that really gets our attention and is something we really want to reply to. However I want to be a part of a change where we make the forums today like it was back in 2013/2014 where there were multiple threads that caught our attention and brought us users into a whole new conversation and side of the community. I want today like it was back then when people replied with full essays rather than just one word. I want today to be like it was in the past, and I can’t do that myself, I need all of the community’s help.

One of my reason’s for making this thread was so that the community can see that even in the eyes of an MCGamer Staff Member, not everything is always “A-Okay” and that there could be some rough patches from time to time. However, I have a bigger reason as to why I am making this thread. It’s to ask the rest of the community, what do you think could help this aspect of the community? What do you think could make the forums exuberant and thrilling as it was in the past? I’m sure us forum-users would love a change, so how about we all come together and see what we can do together to make the forums amazing!

TL;DR? lmao nah read the whole thing if you’re that interested.
Well written guide. I hope this can be the start of a positive change an uprise for the MCG forums.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The acknowledgement of the current status of the forums just makes me cringe. Despite its truth to it, I can't help but wonder... Will the forums ever die out?

Throughout my time in MCGamer, as a normal member, to a staff member who voluntarily works for the community, I have been noticing two, if not, three faces of the whole story. Leading to a large, messy tangle of confusion within the web (No pun intended). Every individual will have their own experiences and opinions in the network, and will reach an ultimate conclusion on how they may depict it. And of course, many obviously have after reading so many threads in the forums that relate to either different, or similar circumstances. Each with its own style of writing, and each produced from the mind of one individual.

In the past, clans and large groups of people have resented the MCGamer staff team for reasons I am unaware of. But from assumption, I can only determine that such hatred would be due to the diverse mindsets of both sides. One side working towards order and stability of social conduct. Meanwhile the other side would be working towards the thrill and joy of partaking competition. They seem like natural enemies. However, the most distinguishable feature that makes them alike is that both sides enjoy working in teams. Because without one another, none of the successes the whole community had experienced would have ever existed! The resentment between staff members and clan staff members may also be due to how difficult it is to help resolve any issues, as staff members in general actually do not have as much as control of clans as anticipated. Reading the rules and discussions in the forums with clans, we can all understand that every clan has its own right towards making rules for themselves. Additionally, it is relatively difficult to investigate issues with clans if the only evidence provided was through Skype, which is why it results to having the clan members to take responsibility of the situation and resolve it.

The community's depiction of the staff team varies. This can be explained due to the experiences they may have had within the community. People will have made friends and become popular amongst the people, while others may continuously crash into bad luck every game by putting up with hackers or several teams that stacks odds against the said user. The diversity of our staff team also may indicate different responses and activity. Some staff members may respond to reports and any questions quickly and as efficiently as possible, while others may take time as they may have too much on their plate already. If a staff member doesn't respond to such matters quickly enough, it may result in the user with the issue to grow distrust towards the staff team, leading them to believe that they are not as efficient as depicted. Despite having proven otherwise. On the other hand, people may have a different view of the staff team, when they have an issue to be resolved, a moderator immediately helps to the best of their abilities and fixes any issues the user may have.

The third view is the staff team's view. Every single day, there will in no doubt be someone with an issue, either it be a hacker, spammer, or just a general rule-breaker. Reports come flooding in in all three platforms about different people doing different things that are prohibited. And it is up to us to work to the best of our abilities to help settle these issues. However, almost every day, we additionally put up with users out there who depict the staff team in a negative attitude and result getting scolded. Being called trash, or terrible moderators. I have seen only a handful of people saying thank you to the staff team for their efforts, and makes me wonder on whether our relationship as a community is strong.
In the end, I realize that the down-putting words of a few people isn't the voice of the majority of players online. Because the community as a whole is so close now, we are like a family, and we won't stop flourishing our relations as a community at any circumstances. Because that is what makes MCGamer so special.

The forums as a whole was one of the baselines of MCGamer, they were the reason that helped voice out the opinions of all sides. They were the reason the community was able to become whole, as we were all privileged to bring out our thoughts and opinions to help make a change. The community is still a growing one, therefore no way in Earth will it die out just yet. Due to the fact that there is probably an idea in the head of an individual who might not even be in the community right now, and will benefit the network vastly is enough to tell us that we are not going to die out yet.

Eventually, someone will come, someone will go. But the forums will still always be there. Despite the fact that all things don't last forever, how about we make the most of the forums instead of looking at it like a dead tree. Let's water it once more and make it spring to life once more. <3

EDIT: Here's an essay. c:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci