• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx

Experienced
Reaction score
It sounded like you thought God was our soul and mind. He is what makes us who we are. Im pretty sure thats what xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx meant and you agreed with him.

xX_CraftyCrafter03_Xx said "I don't think he's in the sky, more as character in our souls. Someone that motivates us inside, God is us. God is our mind, God is our feelings. God is your body, God is who makes you YOU".

You agreed with him. lol what am I missing.
her*

Reaction score
Ok don't reply with a lot of flame, but modern religion is a way to keep people in line, and my social studies teacher was surprised when I was the only one that answered that. [He was looking for that]

I don't believe that there is some sort of godly being that controls everything, who is awesome right? If god is so great, then why are there bad people in the world, why is there disease, why is there war?
Read the bible

BlameKeito

Tribute
Reaction score
Bible exists ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), especially since this religion has been going on for a while.
Read the bible
The documentaries of the Bible are old, inaccurate, and out of sync with today's teachings, scientific development, and societal standards. The inaccuracies are completely consistent and disprove the 'arguments' that have been presented for support of an 'all-mighty being'.

Being a former student of Christianity myself and being born of Roman-Catholic roots, my (extensive) understanding of, at least, the bare fundamentals of the religion has assisted me in developing a clear and coherent understanding of its development, its stature, its stability, and its reputability (especially in regards to biblical oracles.) Myself, I've read the majority of the Bible, and to say I can summarize every entry would be an asinine fabrication. That being said, my understanding of the mindsets and arguments presented is at least clear enough to offer personal opinion regarding the topic.

The first argument I wish to offer is the inaccuracies within several biblical entries and how our perception becomes flawed based off of such conundrums. Simply put, the lack of a backbone to the professed 'miracles' and stories. Throughout the decades and centuries, there has been plenty of discussion proclaiming the 'greatness and unconditional power' of 'God', yet the stories have no merit. The claims have no reputability. For example, the infamous story of Adam and Eve, who inhabited the Garden of Eden and supposedly broke God's law to not eat an apple off of a beautiful natural tree, only after being enticed by a snake, supposedly the devil. The story itself could perhaps offer decent moral to the Christianity majority, yet I fail to comprehend how such events could of possible occurred. Did snakes, or any other animal, ever talk? And, if it was the devil speaking through the mouth of a snake, why did God allow the devil to possess one of his 'precious creations'? Why were Adam and Eve so quick to dismiss their leader and follow the orders of an inferior being? Perhaps the moral of that story isn't so much to not be enticed by the 'devil', but more so to avoid talking reptiles.

And of course, there are the ever-famous so-called 'teachings' of the Bible. Tell me, Catholics, do you support gay marriage? Do you support homosexuality? Do you support the death penalty for adultery?

While the Bible inherently does say to "hate the sin, not the sinner", why, then, can these allegations of inferiority be so easily dismissed, and other seemingly asinine oracles (such as the entirety of Genesis) be so easily accepted as the truth? Isn't the entire point of the Bible to follow all of its teachings? If you're going to dismiss one as ludicrous, the rest may as well be dismissed.

Although this has already been mentioned many, many times, I'll briefly re-iterate it: science has rendered religion obsolete. There are countless exhibits of evidence to support the concept of evolution and the world's creation, while Catholics still struggle to explain that "reading the Bible will answer any doubts."

Funnily enough, most Catholics treat the Bible like a TOS (terms of service); they just read a few lines and say "I agree."

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
I personally believe that religion get's in the way of what you truly believe. I don't have a religion per se but I do have my basic beliefs and how I understand things. I try to take in information from all aspects, understand it all, then try to make use of what I have and believe what i believe to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci