• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
if you believe in god or believe in no god then you should reconsider
the smartest people in the world believe in the fact that science exists, but that god does too
Science explains much of the questions that our ancestors asked
but for the ones it doesnt explain, god is the answer till science proves it
example: stephen hawking
believes in god and knows that science explains much of the universe

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
the smartest people in the world believe in the fact that science exists, but that god does too
the smartest people in the world. one is also disabled, one was a jew who traveled between germany and the us during ww2, who also created an atomic bomb.

Exodus

Diamond
Reaction score
the smartest people in the world. one is also disabled, one was a jew who traveled between germany and the us during ww2, who also created an atomic bomb.
dont know what you are saying
#1 Einstein didn't intend to create the atomic bomb, he just researched science in the hope that it would better the world (and his research was abused for the political gains of the US)
#2 just because Hawking is disabled doesnt mean we shouldnt trust him and/or do what he does if thats what you are saying. Your post makes no sense

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Ok....so if we don't know the answer to something, God did it? Cant we just say, we don't know? That makes no sense.

Steven Hawking was an atheist. Here is a nice quote form him...

“When people ask me if a god created the universe, I tell them that the question itself makes no sense. Time didn’t exist before the big bang, so there is no time for god to make the universe in. It’s like asking directions to the edge of the earth; The Earth is a sphere; it doesn’t have an edge; so looking for it is a futile exercise. We are each free to believe what we want, and it’s my view that the simplest explanation is; there is no god. No one created our universe,and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization; There is probably no heaven, and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that I am extremely grateful.”

― Stephen Hawking

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
idk dude, personally I'm not sure. Going to a Christian school we learn about a thing called apologetics. So basically i can answer any question/ argument about Christianity. Even with all this learnt I still am not sure. Religion is complex eh?

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
How come everyone acts like they have evidence for either way, if there was evidence at all then this wouldn't be for debate.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
idk dude, personally I'm not sure. Going to a Christian school we learn about a thing called apologetics. So basically i can answer any question/ argument about Christianity. Even with all this learnt I still am not sure. Religion is complex eh?
Ok then...I have a few questions for you

1. If God wants us to believe in him, why has he done such good job in hiding himself and giving us no evidence.
  2. If God is all knowing and all powerful why did he create unnecessary pain and suffering in the world?
  3. Does prayer work and when has prayer ever proven to work. If God has done everything why would God to stop something he did himself.

How come everyone acts like they have evidence for either way, if there was evidence at all then this wouldn't be for debate.
There is evidence for evolution and the big bang but religion needs no evidence whatsoever so they can dismiss evidence as being false or "put there by God to test us". You tell me, if there is evidence for evolution and no evidence that God did it, why are we having this debate in the first place.

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score

1. If God wants us to believe in him, why has he done such good job in hiding himself and giving us no evidence.
  2. If God is all knowing and all powerful why did he create unnecessary pain and suffering in the world?
  3. Does prayer work and when has prayer ever proven to work. If God has done everything why would God to stop something he did himself.

There is evidence for evolution and the big bang but religion needs no evidence whatsoever so they can dismiss evidence as being false or "put there by God to test us". You tell me, if there is evidence for evolution and no evidence that God did it, why are we having this debate in the first place.
There is no record of evolution ever happening, not once have I ever seen life spawn from chemicals, there is no footage or anything about it. It's just the most likely possibility as science says.

SC_Swag

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

1. God is a mystery, doesn't force us to do anything as we have free will.
2. Sin
3. God isn't Santa, he doesn't just answer on the spot, it takes time and sometimes prayer doesn't work. Don't understand the way you worded this one fully.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, this is a big thing in my life. I want to believe in God, but at the same time I don't. I hate going to church, but I'm not atheist nor agnostic, I want to go to heaven and see my family and dog. But I remember that if its not real than I don't want to believe in him. I one day will choose between either believing or not, hopefully I can still see my family after death. :)

Jexsy

Career
Reaction score
Honestly, this is a big thing in my life. I want to believe in God, but at the same time I don't. I hate going to church, but I'm not atheist nor agnostic, I want to go to heaven and see my family and dog. But I remember that if its not real than I don't want to believe in him. I one day will choose between either believing or not, hopefully I can still see my family after death. :)
Ok not to be an asshat here, but how do you know your family is going to heaven? For all you know before you were born they could have been horrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci