• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Importance of Recording

Quiet

Platinum
Reaction score
I have shadowplay, and im not afraid of using it C:

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
The idea of having to actually record while playing a game just for fun because you might get banned for doing absolutely nothing wrong doesn't seem right. Besides, people shouldn't have to constantly run a third party application in the background. My fps is really bad already and having to record while playing would make MCSG pretty much unplayable since Minecraft is a really demanding game for me. It doesn't make sense how people are subconsciously worried that they might get banned for doing nothing wrong, though I can understand why you would be a proponent of this (flawed anticheat). It's just unreliable.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
The idea of having to actually record while playing a game just for fun because you might get banned for doing absolutely nothing wrong doesn't seem right. Besides, people shouldn't have to constantly run a third party application in the background. My fps is really bad already and having to record while playing would make MCSG pretty much unplayable since Minecraft is a really demanding game for me. It doesn't make sense how people are subconsciously worried that they might get banned for doing nothing wrong, though I can understand why you would be a proponent of this (flawed anticheat). It's just unreliable.
^^^^ Sums up exactly how I feel

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If you record every game you play, your hard drive will be used up real quickly. The other thing is that most recording softwares give massive frame drops. Sure you may be able to defend yourself better against the one or two hackers you'll encounter and or dispute your "false" ban that is extremely unlikely to happen, however all in all this will just downgrade the playing experience of most people as they have to deal with recording all the time given the negative effects I listed above.

Adding on to this, 10-15 minute recordings add up quickly, especially when using something like fraps that records in the space consuming .avi form. Players on our network should not have to constantly prove they aren't cheating, it's also up to us on the staff team to improve our way of detecting cheaters.

If someone's using even a low grade ghost client, this can easily be bypassed anyway. seeing as ghost clients were meant to be undetectable while recording. They show the recording of them using "no hacked client", get unbanned, continue doing what they're doing.

EDIT:
Opposing what I said earlier, I do understand why this is being suggested. I meant not to rip on your idea, nrob19, as it may have sounded. The simple point at hand is that this is quite a lot of hassle for a player to prove they're innocent, in the rare case they encounter trouble. If someone runs into a hacker, they can begin the recording right then and if someone is banned by the anticheat, a case to prove their innocence can be done in other ways that don't involve loss of hard drive space or potential game-changing frame loss. Recording with Fraps for example while getting lower frames and lag spikes can make the game much less fun. While it definitely helps for players to get evidence of their innocence in case of the worst, as well as always being alert for hackers; the staff team must also take steps to more effectively eradicate cheaters :)

Last edited:

nickk

Career
Reaction score
What mamiamato said, this isnt right that you are recomended to record every game you play. If the anticheat isnt doing what its supposed to do either fix it or take it down.

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
so let's say you use fraps.

average game is 10-12 minutes, that is around 20 gb per vid in 1080p (so it is clear).

i only have around 600gb free on my 1tb hd, and i shouldn't need to control how big stuff is I download for a crappy anti cheat on a server..

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Do this!

I'm sure you're aware, but only one of the receding programs you listed are free. Xsplit and fraps both cost money. For a free recording program that works on mac and windows, and will have little impact on your frames, i recommend OBS.

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
Do this!

I'm sure you're aware, but only one of the receding programs you listed are free. Xsplit and fraps both cost money. For a free recording program that works on mac and windows, and will have little impact on your frames, i recommend OBS.
yeah im sure everyone who uses fraps, sony vegas, or xsplit PAYED FOR IT.

did you join the internet yesterday?

ArgaJones

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
yeah im sure everyone who uses fraps, sony vegas, or xsplit PAYED FOR IT.

did you join the internet yesterday?
I wasn't suggesting that piracy didn't exist. I was merely stating that some of the programs that were listed as free, were paid products.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from... But this is just plain wrong... I shouldn't be able to proof why I am innocent, the staff should proof why I am guilty. What's going on right now is completely opposite of how it would go in real life

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci