• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Importance of Recording

Reaction score
Honestly, it would be the greatest thing ever if a lot of you just decided to record whenever you play. I definitely think that it'll help in so many situations. Nice thread ;)

Reaction score
THIS THREAD IS DUMB

LITERALLY THE ONLY EQUITABLE SOLUTION IS TO ACCEPT GOOD BAN DISPUTES

JUST LISTEN TO ME I'M ALWAYS RIGHT

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, it would be the greatest thing ever if a lot of you just decided to record whenever you play. I definitely think that it'll help in so many situations. Nice thread ;)
Yeah just hand to each of us computers that cost 10000$ and run minecraft on 4000 frames per second, and we'll consider that, otherwise don't expect people who don't have god computers to record 24/7, lol.

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
i doubt many people have good enough laptops to record (including moi)

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I want to discus with all of you the importance on recording when you are playing on our server. As an admin, I get many messages about people being falsely banned. It is hard for me to make a decision whether or not to believe it especially without evidence.

If everybody records while playing, and they get banned by our anti-cheat system but weren't hacking you would now have evidence to prove it. It is difficult for anyone to make a decision without clear evidence and the best way to prove your ban dispute is by having evidence of being unfairly banned.

Another bonus to recording while playing is that you can catch people who are hacking. If we have everyone recording hackers will be much more hesitant to hacking knowing that everyone is recording. There are many free video recording programs you can use such as Fraps, XSplit and ShadowPlay. These are three programs that many of our own mods use.

When I get a message saying, "I was just running and jumping in MCSG and suddenly I was banned for hacking," there isn't much I can do, but if you were recording and showed me that's what happened, I would have no problem unbanning you.

Thanks Everyone! Happy recording!

-Nrob19
But Staff members should be active as well! That's kinda why they are hired to help us out with hackers, arguments etc etc! But I find staff don't give a dam on this server (AU) No one ever checks the hackers when I say "IGN Of Player Hacking 1238" and I post it 3 times and get told "Please don't spam" and they don't check (Also I wouldn't spam if you go and answer and check if they are hacking or not)! So really the staff members have to step up our game as well as us!

Also your anticheat banned me for flying when I lagged out over water like wtf really! (Temp for some reason)

Spacemickey

Platinum
Reaction score
Most people can't handle recording their own playing session on MCSG. For multiple reasons, one of which is because some programs that people have, or are able to get cause a huge drop in FPS. Another reason would be that recording usually takes up a lot of space on a player's hard drive on their PC. Unless they have a separate drive for where they put their videos, it would be quite a hassle for some to delete the whole video after a session of playing every time, unless they found a hacker or got falsely banned. I personally use Nvidia Shadowplay due to the feature of where it records the past 10 minutes automatically to where all I have to do is hit 2 keys and it saves :). It doesn't drop my FPS that much, but the sad part is you have to have a Nvidia graphics card for this program to work.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But Staff members should be active as well! That's kinda why they are hired to help us out with hackers, arguments etc etc! But I find staff don't give a dam on this server (AU) No one ever checks the hackers when I say "IGN Of Player Hacking 1238" and I post it 3 times and get told "Please don't spam" and they don't check (Also I wouldn't spam if you go and answer and check if they are hacking or not)! So really the staff members have to step up our game as well as us!

Also your anticheat banned me for flying when I lagged out over water like wtf really! (Temp for some reason)
I do not believe MCSG is in possession of anticheat. Anyway anticheat eviscerates all hackers.

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
Record every game? That would get you fps drops, and some people can't even record. It is a good idea, but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci