• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Importance of Recording

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Well that's annoying. For a start, Fraps takes up wayyy too much space and there's no way I'd record every game. Also, I did some research and why would Fraps and XSplit be recommended as good softwares that you can use for free. I know the free version of Fraps only records for 30 seconds, so are we torrenting it now? Oh yeah, it also drops your FPS if you have a not so great computer and takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

Sorry, I don't like how you may need to record your own gameplay as not to get banned. It used to be that you never had to worry about this, and you could truly enjoy yourself as you play without worrying about an unjust ban.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well that's annoying. For a start, Fraps takes up wayyy too much space and there's no way I'd record every game. Also, I did some research and why would Fraps and XSplit be recommended as good softwares that you can use for free. I know the free version of Fraps only records for 30 seconds, so are we torrenting it now? Oh yeah, it also drops your FPS if you have a not so great computer and takes away from the enjoyment of the game.

Sorry, I don't like how you may need to record your own gameplay as not to get banned. It used to be that you never had to worry about this, and you could truly enjoy yourself as you play without worrying about an unjust ban.
oh yeah, forgot that everyone with a copy of fraps that can record for more than 30 seconds at a time is illegal :p

nickk

Career
Reaction score
no offense or anything but this is probably one of the worst ideas. just take the anticheat down ffs

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
oh yeah, forgot that everyone with a copy of fraps that can record for more than 30 seconds at a time is illegal :p
That's my problem. This thread is encouraging that, not an ideal thing to promote.

nrob19

Platinum
Reaction score
I get where you are coming from... But this is just plain wrong... I shouldn't be able to proof why I am innocent, the staff should proof why I am guilty. What's going on right now is completely opposite of how it would go in real life
I get what you are saying, but we prove people are wrong yet the still constantly contact members of the staff saying saying it isn't fair. All I am trying to say the easiest way for a ban dispute to go your way is to have video evidence, so we can fix the problem that happened.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, but we prove people are wrong yet the still constantly contact members of the staff saying saying it isn't fair. All I am trying to say the easiest way for a ban dispute to go your way is to have video evidence, so we can fix the problem that happened.
I understand your argument on this issue. But if you are aware that your anticheat isn't working 100% effective you shouldn't permanently ban people for it. If I remember this was exactly the reason why we didn't Perm ban people who used regen hacks, but simply kicked them from the server, as the AC wasn't 100% effective

I understand that it's a though decision for the staff to determ wether someone really was unfairly banned by the AC. But having to provide evidence to prove your innocense while there isn't any physical evidence that you are guilty is simply unacceptable.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I understand your argument on this issue. But if you are aware that your anticheat isn't working 100% effective you shouldn't permanently ban people for it. If I remember this was exactly the reason why we didn't Perm ban people who used regen hacks, but simply kicked them from the server, as the AC wasn't 100% effective

I understand that it's a though decision for the staff to determ wether someone really was unfairly banned by the AC. But having to provide evidence to prove your innocense while there isn't any physical evidence that you are guilty is simply unacceptable.
Like you said, if the anticheat isn't working properly it's not on us to prove our innocence. Instead of making us record ourselves, they should be working on fixing it (which I'm sure they're doing), but there should be something to get around it without resulting in a ban.

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I really like the concept of this thread. I really understand why it is so important and hope other people may know aswell.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
no offense or anything but this is probably one of the worst ideas. just take the anticheat down ffs
The anti-cheat successfully bans around 1k players per day. THAT IS A LOT OF HACKERS. It seems like the anti-cheat is almost 100% accurate now, with most of it's inaccuracies being patched. I am sure that a large number of the disputes that nrob19 is talking about are people trying to take advantage of our previous glitches to claim that they still exist and get unbanned. No anti-cheat is perfect, and it seems that the odds of getting banned by ours are almost none. In my opinion the advantages of having it are far greater than the disadvantages.

As for this thread, I agree and disagree in some aspects. I don't think that players should record because they are afraid of getting banned by the anti-cheat. If it got to the state that we felt that this is necessary, I think the anti-cheat should be removed because forcing our player base to record in order to guarantee that they don't get permabanned would be just wrong. This is because it would leave the players who have a bad computer completely at risk. However, I don't feel that this is the case with our current anti-cheat. Like I stated earlier I think that the disputes that nrob19 are mentioning are mostly people trying to claim that they were wrongfully banned in order to get unbanned since they know that our anti-cheat had issues in the past. Seems to me that most likely they were banned for good reason. Yes, like I mentioned no anti-cheat is perfect, so if you want to stay 100% safe record all your games if you can. But if you can't do that, I wouldn't worry about getting banned at all, it would be like spending your whole life worrying about getting killed in a natural disaster or something like that. Yes it can happen, but the odds are very, very slim.

If you can though, I do recommend recording as much as you can. Sometimes you will get a hacker, and you may also catch a sick kill. If you have a Youtube channel you could use it for a montage, or if you don't you could submit it to a Top 5 series on a popular Youtube channel. If you are worried about hard drive space, just delete the video if you got nothing work keeping.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci