• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The one thing I would change about MCSG is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
Some maps are overplayed and are always in the selection of choices of maps to vote for. Is there a way to make those maps less played especially breeze island and survival games 4
They are working with this

Dr_Deadfish

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey

Okay so recently on the servers i've begun to get a little frustrated. By mods. Yes I agree that the mods are a bit uptight, especially when they pull you out of a Teamspeak to ask if you hack when you clearly proven many times you don't. But thats not just my only concern, but the new voting system hasn't been doing it for me. Whenever a new map has come out, we are always playing it game after game and 5% of the time it's actually a different map. Since you guys want new maps most of the time, I think you should somehow make it so you can vote by signs in a significant area so players know to go to. Then it would say how many votes there are on the map on the sign. Because just having it on chat would take up too much space. I'm not sure how it could work, but it depends what kind of pluggins you have.
So far thats what I've had concerns with. But all in all, MCSG is amazing and I've been enjoying it ever since I got Minecraft in June.
I think the same thing. But I don't feel like signs would be a good fix. I think that it should stay the same but maps can't be played multiple times in a row. Something along those lines. But other than that not much else. Btw I feel like the mods do a very good job. They are not bad, they are simply doing what they are supposed to.

Dr_Deadfish

Spectator
Reaction score
Lately the games haven't been as interesting as they used to be. I remember being in a 24 player server and the games would last 60 minutes. Mainly because it would end up being a team of 2 vs. one single player. And it wouldn't go directly to deathmatch because it required 2 tributes remaining for the game to go to deathmatch. Me, being the single player a lot of the time, would have to stalk them a bit more and wait for one to make the foolish move of moving into a cave or wandering away from his partner to go get a chest.

Another thing that made the games interesting was when mobs played a big role in how the game played out. Players who weren't well equipped used to have to hide in trees or buildings at night to wait out for the monsters to go away when the sun rose in the morning. Now a days there are hardly any mobs because their spawn rates have been dramatically decreased. I know that the mobs weren't real popular with the majority but I liked having long games. They weren't fun to watch but they were a blast if you where the player, in game, running around, hoping that a creeper doesn't blow you up, or that a player will jump at you.

To me, a lot of the old adventure feel has gone away because of some of these things. When I was new to this when these servers first came out, it was awesome to be in game and to have your heart racing because you just made it into the top 5! That was quite challenging because you would have to fend off mobs and had to be watching your back at every second.

I miss the old days. It's not that I don't like what we have now, it is completely fine with me, but it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

One thing I would change about mcsg is bringing it back to how it was before sg3 was released.
I know what your coming from man. I feel the exact same way, it doesnt feel as scary now. I don't have "the rush" anymore.

BamBamKam123

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm probably thinking they should remove the voting system. say that if you've voted for a map that has 29+ votes, that has 91.9% chance at getting played. and there's a map that's been voted twice and has a 8.1% chance at getting played. it'll automatically choose the map who has the less votes. Anyways keep up the good work mcgamer, we're all proud of you.

Click this---->Server/Forum Rules | Clan Rules | Get a Donor Rank | Apply for Staff | Report a Player | Report a Bug| Dispute Your Ban |

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm probably thinking they should remove the voting system. say that if you've voted for a map that has 29+ votes, that has 91.9% chance at getting played. and there's a map that's been voted twice and has a 8.1% chance at getting played. it'll automatically choose the map who has the less votes. Anyways keep up the good work mcgamer, we're all proud of you.

Click this---->Server/Forum Rules | Clan Rules | Get a Donor Rank | Apply for Staff | Report a Player | Report a Bug| Dispute Your Ban |
wow

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score

LOOL

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Locked for the following reasons:
  • Necropost.
Have a great day and feel free to PM me if you have further questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci