• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The one thing I would change about MCSG is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parry

Spectator
Reaction score
A better voting system. The same map keep getting voted in over and over again

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
A better voting system. The same map keep getting voted in over and over again
They already implemented a solution for this that seems to be working very well to keep map variety (with 4 random choices and a skip vote). I don't think anything really needs to be changed.

Colonel_BlueBird

Spectator
Reaction score
So I wanted to start a forum post on something you would like to change about our community. My question is, what is the one thing you would change about MCSG and why? Yes, it's a risky post as lots of positive and negative things will be discussed but I want to hear your opinions. As a community that cares about it's playerbase, we want to hear from you. So please keep it clean, well spoken, and truthful, what would you change about MCSG?
You should definitly have some form of plugin that allows you to have a clan name before your username. Ideally it would stay permanant untill you changed it. But the point I am trying to make is that it is hard to see if somebody is on your team, so a way to tell who is your teammate and your enemy would be great!
-Who agree's with me!?

CreeperCrawler1

Tribute
Reaction score
You want to know what I want changed about the servers?
Almost nothing people have said in here.

If there is anything I want changed, it's for people to understand why certain things can or can't happen, and realize the true reasons for certain issues being there. I know that won't happen though, because people will be people.

Examples: Map 4 always being picked? Blame it on the new voting system! - No, the real reason is because they want people to have a chance to play it, so it's always picked as one of the random maps. This is not permanent, gosh, guys, give the new system some time, please, I'm tired of reading all the comments about it, especially when half of them are "because it always plays map 4."

And of course, people complaining there needs to be more staff - the staff gets it, maybe there should be more staff members, but rushing it and picking poorly is worse than taking their time to pick good ones that don't ban you for slight suspicion or something.

I apologize in advance for any flaming that may occur for this by the way, I just needed to rant about it. ._.

Anyway - one thing I want to happen is something mentioned in this thread once or twice. An anti-spam plugin or something. It's a simple solution really, all those people spamming random profanities or "/vote 1!" or anything of the like... It's all a really simple solution, unless for some reason it can't be added.

I also have to agree with shorter lobby time, and honestly, I'd like the restart time to be about 5-10 seconds longer, because it's hard for me to get into servers with my friends when the servers that are in "deathmatch" are actually already back up and in a full lobby. (That or make the server list update more often - I doubt that can happen easily though.)

And of course, what Blamph said, monthly leaderboards alongside all time leaderboards would be awesome. It's true really, it's almost impossible to catch up to the top of the leaderboards if you are a new user without spending 10 hours a day playing. I would know, I've tried to keep up, it's impossible with me being in school and having other things to do. Those who have more time on their hands can get so far ahead that nobody will ever catch up. I've got 100 wins in the time zeejayy has gotten about 250. I don't have the kind of time to even think about catching up now. At least with monthly leaderboards, we can see the new users who also spend tons of time a day that aren't at the top just because zeejayy was here sooner, or I can try to compete for a single month that I may have more time.

Despite all the things I would like changed, the servers are awesome, these are just things I think would be great additions.
No!!

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Records Glitch: So, maybe this isn't a big deal to some, but it is to me. For some people in /records, the Kill Streak doesn't show. It always says 0 no matter what. If there was a way to update that, it would be nice.

Mods: I started thinking of an idea. How about one or two mods are assigned to each server? Maybe 30 mods is too much, but they could always switch intervals of what servers and maybe one Mod could observe two or more servers. It's a growing idea, and it could use work. But think abou it :p It's also a way for members to interact better with certain Mods. Maybe the could go to specific servers, because they know they get better associated with certain Mods than others.

Lobby Time: Shorter please :D Maybe just by a minute or so?

SG4: People are complaining about too much SG4, but yet it's still getting voted in. It's still the one that EVERYONE is picking. If you hate it why are you picking it? Sure, a lot of new people need the easier map to get better aquatinted, and most of the people that are against SG4 are donors whose votes count for more than one anyway. So, you controll what happens about SG4, not the staff.

Bans: So, I was banned yesterday (this is not a ban appeal :p) and it didn't tell me why and I can't think of any reason. I think many people face this issue, and they should at least know what they were banned for and have a way to speak for themselves if they were wrongly acquitted.

This is all I can really think of for now, but tell me what you think of my ideas. Thanks :D

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
Records Glitch: So, maybe this isn't a big deal to some, but it is to me. For some people in /records, the Kill Streak doesn't show. It always says 0 no matter what. If there was a way to update that, it would be nice.

Mods: I started thinking of an idea. How about one or two mods are assigned to each server? Maybe 28 mods is too much, but they could always switch intervals of what servers and maybe one Mod could observe two or more servers. It's a growing idea, and it could use work. But think abou it :p It's also a way for members to interact better with certain Mods. Maybe the could go to specific servers, because they know they get better associated with certain Mods than others.

Lobby Time: Shorter please :D Maybe just by a minute or so?

SG4: People are complaining about too much SG4, but yet it's still getting voted in. It's still the one that EVERYONE is picking. If you hate it why are you picking it? Sure, a lot of new people need the easier map to get better aquatinted, and most of the people that are against SG4 are donors whose votes count for more than one anyway. So, you controll what happens about SG4, not the staff.

Bans: So, I was banned yesterday (this is not a ban appeal :p) and it didn't tell me why and I can't think of any reason. I think many people face this issue, and they should at least know what they were banned for and have a way to speak for themselves if they were wrongly acquitted.

This is all I can really think of for now, but tell me what you think of my ideas. Thanks :D
I'll organize my thoughts to things in the following system:

1. I personally don't have an issue with this, I've counted my killstreak and I know it's more than 12. But, I don't care.

2. While it sounds good on paper, it will not happen at this time. While they have enough moderators to possibly perform this task, they do not have enough active ones. Not enough mods are on each day to actually be able to do this. You've also forgotten the EU and AU servers, Tekkit servers, MCTF2 servers, and the upcoming Survival servers. While I agree we may need to hire more (hopefully qualified, I don't have a right to say anything about this though lol) moderators, I'm quite sure we'll need more than 500 moderators to be able to actively patrol each server at every time period. That includes the night...it's something that's most likely not going to happen. If you need to report a hacker, try to obtain evidence and go to Teamspeak. Poke a moderator and show them your evidence. Or, if you have a suspicion, poke a moderator regardless and have them watch. The mods will be able to record for you and sort out the issues.

3. No. People need 5 minutes to take a smoke break (which I'm personally against, any tobacco products I resent), use the restroom, tend to other issues, check their email, etc. 5 minutes is the best time they're able to have right now...it's perfect, actually. If you find yourself stuck/bored, just do the parkour or listen to a song. They're how I pass my time most of the wait.

4. It's honestly funny how everybody complained about Breeze Island when it was always voted and they changed the voting system partly because of that. Now everyone hates the new voting system (which I don't have an issue with) and supposedly, SG4 finds its way in each option. I never get SG4. It's my third favorite map, second being SG3 and SG2 being my favorite. None of those three ever are in my options...it's always those community maps which I personally dislike due to not having a route on them ;-;
I've never seen one person complain about SG4.

5. If you need to find the reason why you were banned, the ban-checker is probably the best option to do so. I haven't checked if that is actually up, in the event that it isn't, poke a moderator on TeamSpeak and discuss your ban there. I'm assuming the Moderators have to fill out a ban report each time they ban somebody, so they could find the evidence in which you were banned on. In short, you have a way to know why you were banned and you have people to talk to about it. You could always fill out a ban appeal (which you may/may not have already done). Good luck with it!

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score

1. I personally don't have an issue with this, I've counted my killstreak and I know it's more than 12. But, I don't care.

2. While it sounds good on paper, it will not happen at this time. While they have enough moderators to possibly perform this task, they do not have enough active ones. Not enough mods are on each day to actually be able to do this. You've also forgotten the EU and AU servers, Tekkit servers, MCTF2 servers, and the upcoming Survival servers. While I agree we may need to hire more (hopefully qualified, I don't have a right to say anything about this though lol) moderators, I'm quite sure we'll need more than 500 moderators to be able to actively patrol each server at every time period. That includes the night...it's something that's most likely not going to happen. If you need to report a hacker, try to obtain evidence and go to Teamspeak. Poke a moderator and show them your evidence. Or, if you have a suspicion, poke a moderator regardless and have them watch. The mods will be able to record for you and sort out the issues.

3. No. People need 5 minutes to take a smoke break (which I'm personally against, any tobacco products I resent), use the restroom, tend to other issues, check their email, etc. 5 minutes is the best time they're able to have right now...it's perfect, actually. If you find yourself stuck/bored, just do the parkour or listen to a song. They're how I pass my time most of the wait.

4. It's honestly funny how everybody complained about Breeze Island when it was always voted and they changed the voting system partly because of that. Now everyone hates the new voting system (which I don't have an issue with) and supposedly, SG4 finds its way in each option. I never get SG4. It's my third favorite map, second being SG3 and SG2 being my favorite. None of those three ever are in my options...it's always those community maps which I personally dislike due to not having a route on them ;-;

5. If you need to find the reason why you were banned, the ban-checker is probably the best option to do so. I haven't checked if that is actually up, in the event that it isn't, poke a moderator on TeamSpeak and discuss your ban there. I'm assuming the Moderators have to fill out a ban report each time they ban somebody, so they could find the evidence in which you were banned on. In short, you have a way to know why you were banned and you have people to talk to about it. You could always fill out a ban appeal (which you may/may not have already done). Good luck with it!
2. I'm not saying for them to be on patrol 24/7, I am saying for them to observe their assigned server more than any other.
3. Well, if they are not ready, then they don't join yet and let people who are ready join.
4. I have no problem with SG4 or Breeze. I actually like both of them, and I agree, I don't like the community maps too much either. I am grateful for all of their hardwork though, don't get me wrong.
5. See, but how are people supposed to know that? If they are new, how are they supposed to know where to go?

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score

Also, thank you for your reply :)

Lio2102

Survivor
Reaction score
I agree with MCJackson, maybe make some servers the way they used to be before SG3, and keep some the way they are? That would be AMAZING.

Twan2797

Survivor
Reaction score
how about, you add an graphic to the profiles, so people can see the line of their points?
its maybe a small change but i would love to see how my points changed from the start

CaptaindRainbowz

Spectator
Reaction score
Some maps are overplayed and are always in the selection of choices of maps to vote for. Is there a way to make those maps less played especially breeze island and survival games 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci