• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The one thing I would change about MCSG is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsolides

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey

Okay so recently on the servers i've begun to get a little frustrated. By mods. Yes I agree that the mods are a bit uptight, especially when they pull you out of a Teamspeak to ask if you hack when you clearly proven many times you don't. But thats not just my only concern, but the new voting system hasn't been doing it for me. Whenever a new map has come out, we are always playing it game after game and 5% of the time it's actually a different map. Since you guys want new maps most of the time, I think you should somehow make it so you can vote by signs in a significant area so players know to go to. Then it would say how many votes there are on the map on the sign. Because just having it on chat would take up too much space. I'm not sure how it could work, but it depends what kind of pluggins you have.
So far thats what I've had concerns with. But all in all, MCSG is amazing and I've been enjoying it ever since I got Minecraft in June.
I don't like the idea bc I don't wanna play breeze island every time I go on mcsg

Mistersir6

Survivor
Reaction score
I really don't like the new voting system at all. There's too much of MCSG 4. Having a random map every game would be much better. Also, i would like to see the old 48-player games, and maybe even a 120-player again. And a way to stop spammers from spamming would be VERY good.

Eaglesfan97

Tribute
Reaction score
Like some people said, I really wish for some tweaks to the voting system. Wheather its adding just like 3 more maps to vote for, or going completly back to how it was, that would be my change. Other than that, the servers are amazing! Keep up the great work! :)

R

RedSeamonster

In all honesty, I think everybody is doing a pretty darn good job. I just think that we need more Upper Level staff members to replace the spots that the Sr. Moderators lost when they changed to Admins and I think that we could stand to hire some more invested players. I think that there should be more requirements for becoming a moderator in order to prove that they are actually invested in our community.

Overall though, keep up the great work Chad and other Staff peoples!

Edit -- As people above and below me have said, big events such as tournaments definitely are beneficial to these servers. I think that by adding more of these events (I.E. livestreams and "specials" (not necessarily of the donor variety)), we would draw more attention to our community and allow it to grow even more. Please pardon my spelling and grammar in this edit as I am on a mobile device and not a computer.

MCJackson

District 13
Reaction score
Lately the games haven't been as interesting as they used to be. I remember being in a 24 player server and the games would last 60 minutes. Mainly because it would end up being a team of 2 vs. one single player. And it wouldn't go directly to deathmatch because it required 2 tributes remaining for the game to go to deathmatch. Me, being the single player a lot of the time, would have to stalk them a bit more and wait for one to make the foolish move of moving into a cave or wandering away from his partner to go get a chest.

Another thing that made the games interesting was when mobs played a big role in how the game played out. Players who weren't well equipped used to have to hide in trees or buildings at night to wait out for the monsters to go away when the sun rose in the morning. Now a days there are hardly any mobs because their spawn rates have been dramatically decreased. I know that the mobs weren't real popular with the majority but I liked having long games. They weren't fun to watch but they were a blast if you where the player, in game, running around, hoping that a creeper doesn't blow you up, or that a player will jump at you.

To me, a lot of the old adventure feel has gone away because of some of these things. When I was new to this when these servers first came out, it was awesome to be in game and to have your heart racing because you just made it into the top 5! That was quite challenging because you would have to fend off mobs and had to be watching your back at every second.

I miss the old days. It's not that I don't like what we have now, it is completely fine with me, but it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

One thing I would change about mcsg is bringing it back to how it was before sg3 was released.

Ddogclaw

Survivor
Reaction score
The restriction of the voting system has become a negative as others have said, for that form of voting to work, you still need to give more options and have more maps available to you. Adding maps is a must too for varied experience by the players. I think maybe a little more community interaction here on the forums would be nice.

Overall though, these are the highest quality servers I've ever played on. The Tekkit server is near flawless, Survival Games is innovative, and I'm sure the Survival server is going to be amazing too. Keep up the good work!

JaysWing

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I would change it so that donors kick players with the least played games instead of the last to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci