• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The school thread.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
College student here.
How you like school depends on what school you went to and how predisposed you were towards education. But how much you get out of school depends on how much you put into it.

General trends work like this:
  • Elementary school = Great. Recess and friends all day.
  • Junior High = Awkward. Puberty and angst, plus increasing school work.
  • High School = Variable, depending on who/how you were. Social pressures, stupid drama, and endless testing.
  • College = Great for those who pursue it. Freedom, relevant academics, and working towards a goal you want.
Most of you kids are in Junior High or High School, so I'm gonna give you a piece of advice: take as many advantages here as you can, before once you graduate you are on your own.
  • Focus on your academics to get a good education, which will give you a massive leg-up in life.
  • Avoid any stupid inter-personal drama. It's all petty wastes of time that no one will remember after you graduate. Even if it doesn't involve you, stay out of it.
  • Do at least one extra-curricular activity. Sports, band, clubs, academics, doesn't matter. Do at least one thing to broaden your interest and understanding in life, and you won't regret doing that in the future.
  • Learn to learn on your own. Sometimes your classes and teachers will suck, but that doesn't mean you won't be expected to learn something. Learning how to acquire knowledge even in a barren learning environment is an essential skill, especially in today's information-driven world.
  • No matter where you are, go 100% into it. If you only do 50% of the work, you're only getting 50% of the benefits. And that's an F.
I come from an academic background, so I was predisposed towards education. But even I hated a lot of stuff about school. But just because you may hate school doesn't mean you don't benefit from it. Learn to embrace the suck, acquire all you can from your schooling, and then apply it towards something you do care about. Because school is more than just tests.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
College student here.
How you like school depends on what school you went to and how predisposed you were towards education. But how much you get out of school depends on how much you put into it.

General trends work like this:
  • Elementary school = Great. Recess and friends all day.
  • Junior High = Awkward. Puberty and angst, plus increasing school work.
  • High School = Variable, depending on who/how you were. Social pressures, stupid drama, and endless testing.
  • College = Great for those who pursue it. Freedom, relevant academics, and working towards a goal you want.
Most of you kids are in Junior High or High School, so I'm gonna give you a piece of advice: take as many advantages here as you can, before once you graduate you are on your own.
  • Focus on your academics to get a good education, which will give you a massive leg-up in life.
  • Avoid any stupid inter-personal drama. It's all petty wastes of time that no one will remember after you graduate. Even if it doesn't involve you, stay out of it.
  • Do at least one extra-curricular activity. Sports, band, clubs, academics, doesn't matter. Do at least one thing to broaden your interest and understanding in life, and you won't regret doing that in the future.
  • Learn to learn on your own. Sometimes your classes and teachers will suck, but that doesn't mean you won't be expected to learn something. Learning how to acquire knowledge even in a barren learning environment is an essential skill, especially in today's information-driven world.
  • No matter where you are, go 100% into it. If you only do 50% of the work, you're only getting 50% of the benefits. And that's an F.
I come from an academic background, so I was predisposed towards education. But even I hated a lot of stuff about school. But just because you may hate school doesn't mean you don't benefit from it. Learn to embrace the suck, acquire all you can from your schooling, and then apply it towards something you do care about. Because school is more than just tests.
Thanks for the life experience. What college? (lol offtopic but not at the same time)

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
In all honesty, I don't hate school. I have a good relationship with all my teachers, and I'm also good friends with one of them. I enjoy getting to see my friends each and every day, I'm a varsity athlete, and everything is fine. The only thing I dislike, is how early it starts.

Reaction score
You either love it or hate it.
In my opinion it's just war. Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Stress, Bullying, emotions etc etc the list of negativity definitely over-achieves the positives. School is meant to be there for you to LEARN...not to socialize with your friends. That really annoys me but maybe that's because I don't have a lot of friends/I'm not very social.

It's a spinning playground to be honest, nothing new happens a lot and it's just a war to see who is the most popular and get the best girl you can.

I don't even understand why people bother getting girlfriends in Secondary school because it only causes heart break in the end and you really don't need that at the end of the day when you have exams.

Hoes, bullies and annoying idiots.
Okay now I'm mad...

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I don't even understand why people bother getting girlfriends in Secondary school because it only causes heart break in the end and you really don't need that at the end of the day when you have exams.
Secondary school as in middle school/junior high? I think that's fine, but dates should start when you can actually drive them out…

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci