• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The solution to the 'gg' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlangShot

Platinum
Reaction score
I used to say "GG" at the end of every game, but stopped. Why you may ask? Well because I have revived messages from unhappy people because they were offended by my "GG" when in all reality all I meant was "Good Game". I have never, and will ever, say "GG 10 hearts" or "rekt" mostly because that is not the kind of person I am. I hate it when it's my fault that someone is mad/upset with me. When someone says "GG 10" or something along those lines to me I just move on. good for them they killed me, now let's get over it. I have never been a "cocky" person (atleast in my perspective). That is how I view "GG" and "rekt", as cocky remarks.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a round table panel discussion going on this topic, which really surprises me in how impactful it is to many. I might pick out a few people from both sides whose posts have been particularly insightful.
Stay tuned.
I'd just suggest to not ban nor warn, but block the words GG, rekt, etc out completely. As in it doesn't even come up. Saves a lot of drama that way. (Maybe make it an offense if someone bypasses the filter)

Nintendonuts

Diamond
Reaction score
I'd just suggest to not ban nor warn, but block the words GG, rekt, etc out completely. As in it doesn't even come up. Saves a lot of drama that way. (Maybe make it an offense if someone bypasses the filter)
But if someone says "#$%@*" after they kill you, you'd get more offended, some people get offended with "GG" but I think even more people will get offended by "#$%@*" because there will now be a wider range of what they might be saying. I think filtering "GG" with "Good Fight, you are a skilled player" or another nice comment would be better, unlike "%#@%"

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But if someone says "#$%@*" after they kill you, you'd get more offended, some people get offended with "GG" but I think even more people will get offended by "#$%@*" because there will now be a wider range of what they might be saying. I think filtering "GG" with "Good Fight, you are a skilled player" or another nice comment would be better, unlike "%#@%"
Read. Block COMPLETELY. It won't eve. Allow you to chat if your sentence has 'GG' in

Tangles

Diamond
Reaction score
To be honest I feel fine when people say GG even if they Rekt me as a team. Its Just a game. Get over it!

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's just a freaking game sheesh. People take video games so seriously these days.

Nintendonuts

Diamond
Reaction score
It's just a freaking game sheesh. People take video games so seriously these days.
It can be found offensive, and even though it's just a game. Feelings are Feelings, and people don't deserve to get disrespected. Even though "GG" sometimes isn't found offensive, it affects people.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
And what comes with a video game? Ways to talk online. It's not just a video game, it could be considered cyber bullying now. That's actually the extent some people take it to.

People, can be driven to depression over things like this. Before telling people it's a video game you're wrong, it's the Internet. It's communication. If someone's getting bullied, are you going to tell them to man up because it's only real life? Probably not, because they're being bullied in real life it must be a serious issue.

Now, I understand someone saying "GG rekt 10 hearts noob" may not seem like much, but if it helps get rid, of at least a tiny bit of the hate in the toxic side of the community, I know it'll be worth it.

It's not the actual word, but the message behind it. If you meant it was a good fight, you can say great fight man, was completely riveting! If you're going to put someone down, you may as well say "I treat this game incredibly seriously and I'm going to attempt to put you down, **** you".

Ali

Mockingjay
Reaction score
And what comes with a video game? Ways to talk online. It's not just a video game, it could be considered cyber bullying now. That's actually the extent some people take it to.

People, can be driven to depression over things like this. Before telling people it's a video game you're wrong, it's the Internet. It's communication. If someone's getting bullied, are you going to tell them to man up because it's only real life? Probably not, because they're being bullied in real life it must be a serious issue.

Now, I understand someone saying "GG rekt 10 hearts noob" may not seem like much, but if it helps get rid, of at least a tiny bit of the hate in the toxic side of the community, I know it'll be worth it.

It's not the actual word, but the message behind it. If you meant it was a good fight, you can say great fight man, was completely riveting! If you're going to put someone down, you may as well say "I treat this game incredibly seriously and I'm going to attempt to put you down, **** you".
Then just say GF. Easy as that.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Then just say GF. Easy as that.
I can't tell if you're attempting to act smart or you completely skipped over my post.

People react to GG negatively and such it causes flame and an uproar. Which is why I'm proposing a solution to block it.

If I wanted to tell someone they did a good job, I doubt me, one person out of the couple million is going to make a difference.

You have no idea about the subject, and obviously didn't take any time whatsoever to consider the topic. Just get off the thread, your opinion is, unfortunately not contributing to the subject at hand. (Apart from saying, it's a video game, don't cry!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci