• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The solution to the 'gg' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangles

Diamond
Reaction score
I can't tell if you're attempting to act smart or you completely skipped over my post.

People react to GG negatively and such it causes flame and an uproar. Which is why I'm proposing a solution to block it.

If I wanted to tell someone they did a good job, I doubt me, one person out of the couple million is going to make a difference.

You have no idea about the subject, and obviously didn't take any time whatsoever to consider the topic. Just get off the thread, your opinion is, unfortunately not contributing to the subject at hand. (Apart from saying, it's a video game, don't cry!)
I dont get why people get so offended over one word.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I dont get why people get so offended over one word.
Neither do I, one would assume it's the meaning behind the word...

However, unfortunately none of us can be perfect :(

MrJaskirat

Survivor
Reaction score
Just make it so saying gt rekt and stuff like that is a form of abuse, and that you cannot say gg if its obvious it is being used in a condescending way.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Just make it so saying gt rekt and stuff like that is a form of abuse, and that you cannot say gg if its obvious it is being used in a condescending way.
Different people will think it's worse than others. Like if a mod believes "gg" to be bad, then what do you do? That's not very fair to the player who was just trying to be a good sport.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Different people will think it's worse than others. Like if a mod believes "gg" to be bad, then what do you do? That's not very fair to the player who was just trying to be a good sport.
Considering there is no rule, a moderator cannot do anything. This is why I believe completely blocking it is a better solution, that way no unfair bans for being an honest sport will occur.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Considering there is no rule, a moderator cannot do anything. This is why I believe completely blocking it is a better solution, that way no unfair bans for being an honest sport will occur.
I realize there isn't a rule. I was just responding to the suggestion. I can't quite get the fact that "gg" can cause so much harm. I say that at sports games, and nobody then goes and starts to give me a lecture on why I shouldn't say that. It's expected. I say it after near every win or game. Why? Because it's a game. I don't play games and be a bad sport about it. I joke around with my friends and give them wins. Heck, I'll /suicide in front of new player, and sponsor him the menu if I have the points. If he kills me and says gg, yay! We have a good sport entering the community, I hope he stays.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I realize there isn't a rule. I was just responding to the suggestion. I can't quite get the fact that "gg" can cause so much harm. I say that at sports games, and nobody then goes and starts to give me a lecture on why I shouldn't say that. It's expected. I say it after near every win or game. Why? Because it's a game. I don't play games and be a bad sport about it. I joke around with my friends and give them wins. Heck, I'll /suicide in front of new player, and sponsor him the menu if I have the points. If he kills me and says gg, yay! We have a good sport entering the community, I hope he stays.
As said, players use 'gg' to maliciously target others. It's not really the word, but the meaning behind it.. If only everyone that said GG wanted to be good sports :/

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
guys wtf, I'm crying now

I get GG ery day, and I cry and cry and cry and cry coz video games r my life. U skrubs don't no how hard it is for peeps who are classed as gods over a game, like who'd want to be a god over video games wtf gg skrub lords

ps. darkrai secretly made this thread coz he is ultra pleb mad at vid games when he dies to annoying skrub lords

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
guys wtf, I'm crying now

I get GG ery day, and I cry and cry and cry and cry coz video games r my life. U skrubs don't no how hard it is for peeps who are classed as gods over a game, like who'd want to be a god over video games wtf gg skrub lords

ps. darkrai secretly made this thread coz he is ultra pleb mad at vid games when he dies to annoying skrub lords
get betr at lol noob im #1 yi oce wot r u??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci