• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thread of random off topic conversation

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is a place to talk about anything and everything, just think of it as a huge chatroom, an ever changing thread of random stuff. Feel free to chime in on the subject at hand and to bring up new ones.

I know that the Off Topic Discussions exists to fill this role, but OnlyMathias and I thought it was a good idea for some reason.

There will be a changing pole, each one will be be active for 3 days, the final results will be there for 1 day, then the next pole will go up.
Looks like I messed up. so no new polls. :(

Now to lay down some ground rules:
  • Try not to bring up new subjects without some how closing the previous one or until it is decided that that topic has ended. (Staff can force end a Subject.)
  • Remember not to start any fires, you could burn down the forest.

Warning, you might eventually be spammed with notifications, so remember the "Unwatch Thread" Button up top. :D

Last edited:

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Current Topic: how many Languages do you speak/know?

Old Topics: How many Nintendo systems do you own?, ToothBrush Colours?, What do you all think about all the new servers that were added recently?

• How do you feel about Diamond Donor Being the Price it is? Do you believe that it could benefit the community to stay at this Price? should it be increased why or why not? Should it remain life time or be a set amount of time?
Feel free to comment discuss & have some complimentary bags of air and Cups of liquid.

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How do you feel about Diamond Donor Being the Price it is? Do you believe that it could benefit the community to stay at this Price? should it be increased why or why not? Should it remain life time or be a set amount of time? Feel free to comment discuss & have some complimentary bags of air and Cups of liquid.
I think the lifetime is a good idea, but the price is way too low. The old 3 month domain was 100. I think donations may start to go down. But hey, I don't have access to MCSG's finances.

And about the skin groups, Star Wars all the way!

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm actually not sure.

The demand for lifetime was there for a while, so Diamond becoming lifetime probably brought a large initial flow of money, but may affect things things longterm.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I don't like it. I feel that we are losing significant income because of it. We should do what Steam does, and have sales. Perhaps every few months/weeks Diamond could be bought for life, but the rest of the time, it lasts 6-8 months.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We should do what Steam does, and have sales. Perhaps every few months/weeks Diamond could be bought for life, but the rest of the time, it lasts 6-8 months.
Ooh, that sounds like an interesting idea.

ChabTheDJ

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't like it. I feel that we are losing significant income because of it. We should do what Steam does, and have sales. Perhaps every few months/weeks Diamond could be bought for life, but the rest of the time, it lasts 6-8 months.
That would be kinda cool. It would satisfy people who just want Diamond, and people wanting for lifetime. And would impact finances less.

Thing is many people would just wait it out till it can be bought for life wouldn't they?
So maybe the time won't be announced beforehand, so it would be unexpected and would hold less people back from buying regular Diamond Donor.

YouGotPowelled

Survivor
Reaction score
I think it expensive as it is. Being a relatively new member to the forums, I was surprised to see so many people accept the price it is currently. Perhaps all regular players should have the opportunity to trial the donor status, to see whether it really is good value for money (and you'll also get genuine customer insight); because although it does fund the program at the end of the day most people get the status to benefit their personal playing performance.

I've also never been a fan of reoccurring payments; I think you'd benefit more, and have a lot more people interested, if it was a one off payment (lifetime). That's what I expected when I first joined the server.

What do you think, should we have a week trial period or something?

ChabTheDJ

Experienced
Reaction score
I think it expensive as it is. Being a relatively new member to the forums, I was surprised to see so many people accept the price it is currently. Perhaps all regular players should have the opportunity to trial the donor status, to see whether it really is good value for money (and you'll also get genuine customer insight); because although it does fund the program at the end of the day most people get the status to benefit their personal playing performance.

I've also never been a fan of reoccurring payments; I think you'd benefit more, and have a lot more people interested, if it was a one off payment (lifetime). That's what I expected when I first joined the server.

Well, I don't think they would implement a trial period.

Donor gets you a colored name, priority entry into games, and extra votes. Nothing added in terms of experience.

I think the business model is more of.
  • Play the game
  • Want to get into lower number servers/Play with famous people/want more influence in votes/annoyed by being kicked/Want cool colored name
  • Buy the donor class you are willing to pay for. (Usually Iron)
  • Want better perks
  • Get better donor rank.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score

No, because then you are given something you didn't donate for, for a weeks time.

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
Diamond should be a year, maybe a year and half.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci