• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
If there is gonna be horses spawn eggs aren't ya gonna need a saddle? :/ also put like 3 so allies can run around on them xD #CareersFTW

...jsyk, I'm the dumb career...

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
Dear lord please no horses in Mcsg ._. It's a PvP server not a medieval battle minigame. People who got the horses would just ride them around the map the whole game and pretty much be invincible. Most mcsg maps are made for player navigation, not horse navigation anyway, meaning the amount of forests and water would make riding horses near-impossible, and I can see the jump-height of horses also being abused. Concentration of pvp has always been what makes this server stand out, just re-consider, because I'd rather not change this to the minecraft horse games. Just a thought :p

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
As for some of the items that would be nice to possibly see in Tier 3's:
Enderpearl
Cake (for the nostalgia)
Stick (although sponsor item for this would be a nice alternative)
Decent amount of arrows
3 exp bottles (sometimes specs steal exp, and 3 or 4 would ensure a level)
Iron Ingot
Diamond
Cooked Food (food needs to be greatly nerfed, so finding cooked food in tier 3's would be nice)

wonderwaffle237

Experienced
Reaction score
Here's an idea: Add teir 2s to maps! We dont need "Teir 3s" I would be much happier with more tier 2s. The Tier 3's are just going to be a big target that will give some guy really OP gear.

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
Maybe have health type pots ( 30 sec regen, standard health pots.) dia boots or hat.

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

We're looking to add Tier 3 chests into MCSG, but we'd rather the community decide what should be in them.
There will likely be 2 tier 3 chests in a standard 24-player map, and 4 tier 3 chests in a 48-player map, just to give a bit of perspective on how things will be distributed.
Once tier 3s are added, the spawn rates in tier 1/2 chests will probably be nerfed a bit.

One thing that will likely be added into tier 3 chests in 1.6 will be a horse spawn egg, but the main purpose of this post is to see what you all, as a community, want in tier 3 chests. The top suggestions will be taken and put into a poll to gather the entire community's opinion.

Well, for Tier 3's there should be Diamond Boots + Helmet. Perhaps a potion of Regeneration for around 50 seconds. Maybe a bit more iron armor then in Tier 2's. And perhaps a few extra Diamonds.

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
Diamonds, Diamond armor, Iron swords, Golden apples, food. Not all of these though.

Frenchipino

Tribute
Reaction score
It would have diamond armor? Like if there are 2 tier 3 chests then one has 2 pieces of diamond armor and the other has the other 2 pieces?

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
At this moment, I do not have a firm enough idea on what I would like to see in tier three chests. However, I do have one thing to say:
In regards to the ratio of tier three chests to server player size, I think there should be a change to this. Instead of having the amount of tier three chests based on how many players there are, it should be based off of map size/layout. For example: Maps like SG2 and SG3 are beautiful maps. Unfortunately, due to their sheer size/terrain layout, it can take a significant amount of time to find other tributes. By putting more tier three chests, it creates more 'hotspots'. As you would expect, there would be a high amount of tribute activity around said spots therefore speeding up the pace of the game.

On other maps like Breeze Island/SG4, we can get away with only one or two tier three chests due to the smaller map size.
Just my two six cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci