• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
This is such a neat idea!
Diamond armor might be a bit too much
The fun is finding diamonds and trying to make that diamond chest plate. If u make it too easy it gets boring fast. I think it would be neat to have enderpearls. Yes I know you can sponsor then but if u get one off of corn you could instantly throw it somewhere and escape the death lol. Another thing that would be cool is enchantment books. Getting enchanted stuff right away is fun but too easy finding a good sword then trying to get xp and then finding an anvil (if any) is better. Potions would be neat too! Invisibility, harming and regeneration would be helpful. Splash potions obviously lol. Also I love the horse spawn egg idea!
You say Diamond Armor is OP? Not many people actually know the difference Diamond armor does from its Iron counterparts. But you got what's OP wayyy wrong. Enderpearls have ruined gameplay on other servers. Servers like XrpmX13's server or skitscape plugin have enderpearls and one large factor for why those servers aren't nearly as popular as MCSG.
Potions.
Ermahgerd if you were around February 2013 you'd know why MCSG failed at that time. They introduced sponsors and the original items were potions of: Strength, Swiftness, Regen, Invis, Instant Health, Splash Damage, Splash poison, and a few others. Honestly, everybody hated it because it was unlike the real hunger games and it was too OP. I watched Bajan's vids to see just HOW OP these were since the better people were the ones to recieve the generous offer. Bajan beat Jerome with Strength using a wooden axe and full armor against Jeromes full iron and sigh... Diamond axe, and Jerome got JUST as many hits as Mitch did. None were crits it looked like. (I hate bajan I just watched to see the changes in v2 for famous people)
No horses the chance of taming one in time is slim plus you need a saddle and finally the speed you can achieve riding one is INSANE.

xxSmartyFang4

Spectator
Reaction score
Potions.
Higher SPawn rate for diamonds; i.e. 65%
DIamond hat or boots, like what Tal_Pal said.
Iron swords common, diamond swords rare
I think there should be a single chest with a diamond axe (Betty!(Tribute to Bajan And Jerome)) and prot 1 chain armor.

Dont hate on me with the betty and prot 1 chain armor.

EDIT: SOrry for bad grammar; I can't type 2 hands.
Oh, and have at least 3 pieces of iron amor PER TIER 3 CHEST!!!!!!!!

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
Potions.
Higher SPawn rate for diamonds; i.e. 65%
DIamond hat or boots, like what Tal_Pal said.
Iron swords common, diamond swords rare
I think there should be a single chest with a diamond axe (Betty!(Tribute to Bajan And Jerome)) and prot 1 chain armor.

Dont hate on me with the betty and prot 1 chain armor.

EDIT: SOrry for bad grammar; I can't type 2 hands.
Oh, and have at least 3 pieces of iron amor PER TIER 3 CHEST!!!!!!!!
Um, the OP'ness of those items are too much

Lagoe

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd quickly like to say something before I get into items. I don't think that T3 chests should be hidden like some T2 chests are, because then all you need is knowledge, not skill or luck. T3 chests should have things like (difficult) parkours littered with traps, hordes of prespawned mobs or really anything that actually makes it tough to get a T3 and something that threatens death.

Now, I'll see if I can go through some items with actual statistics:

- 2% chance for a diamond chestplate (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 4% chance)
- 3% chance for diamond leggings (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really an 6% chance)
- 6% chance for diamond boots (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 12% chance)
- 7% chance for a diamond helmet (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 14% chance)
- 75% chance for a diamond
- 50% chance for a second diamond (only applies if there's a first diamond)
- 20% chance for a thrid diamond (only applies if there's a second diamond)
- 5% chance for a fourth diamond (only applies if there's a third diamond, a bit above 1% chance of four spawning considering all the above chances)

- 20% chance for an iron chestplate (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 40% chance)
- 25% chance for iron leggings (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 50% chance)
- 35% chance for iron boots (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 70% chance)
- 35% chance for an iron helmet (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 70% chance)
- 40% chance for an iron sword
- 45% chance for iron horse armor (only if there's a horse spawn egg)
- 60% chance for a stone sword (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 120% chance)
- 45% chance for a bow (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 90% chance)
- 30% chance for a FnS (calculated thrice, so then a max of three can spawn and there's really a 90% chance)
- 30% chance for a fishing rod (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 60% chance)
- 35% chance for ten arrows (calculated twice, so then a max of two can spawn and there's really a 70% chance)
- 55% chance for a horse spawn egg

I honestly can't be bothered with steak, bacon, cooked chicken, baked potatoes, golden carrots, pumpkin pie, insert random good food item, insert another good foot item I forgot, feathers, flint, sticks etc, but no god apples; only:

-40% chance for a golden apple (calculated five times, so then a max of five can spawn and there's really a 200% chance)

Thanks for reading this monstrosity above this sentence!

;)

EDIT:
- No potions, health is a little bit overpowered in PvP, regen is highly overpowered, harming is far too strong, poison is ridiculous, strength is still a tad overpowered and invisibility... wow...
- 50% chance of a bottle 'o enchanting (calcualated four times, so then a max of four can spawn and there's really a 200% chance)

Also, I don't think that T3 chests should restock, because lots of balance issues can occur there. IDK, maybe on some maps they could restock, but certainly not all maps. Better yet, some maps shouldn't even have T3 chests.

Reaction score
I would really love you too add some enchanted armour or an enchanted sword. Alsn dont put in iron swords, put in enchanted stone swords or wooden swords, even put in enchanted sharpness axe's :). My ideas!!

Lagoe

Spectator
Reaction score
I would really love you too add some enchanted armour or an enchanted sword. Alsn dont put in iron swords, put in enchanted stone swords or wooden swords, even put in enchanted sharpness axe's :). My ideas!!
Sharpness 1 stone sword > iron sword. Sharpness 2 stone sword > diamond sword. Nothing enchanted, please.

TheMangoTiger

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that nothing to op shoud be in them, as it would just be whoever found it almost definitely wins. xp potions are a good idea because you still have to know the map or at least no where the enchanting tables are. also i think an iron sword and diamonds and maybe a golden apple or two, or maybe 10 or 15 arrows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci