• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tis` the season! [Christmas Story Contest]

Who has the best story?

• Giggity69Goo

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • KorStonesword

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Akash754

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

daCleanUpMaster

Diamond
Reaction score
Twas the Night before Christmas all was bright. Hanging up the stocking and counting all the lights seeing the stars Far above your head. And then you think is it Really Chirstmas has it All ready been 365 days? I start to wonder about the space and if there is other life out there however the snow starts to fall I go inside Play a few rounds of mcsg and then go drink some hot chocolate I am thinking I wish every day was like this and I lay down in my bad and I start to turn on my iPad I go on netflix and just chill lax and watch some christmas movies and I go to sleep soon think Of the christmas day that lies ahead and I shut my eyes and I go to bed.I later wake up Looking at the trees Thinking with all the happiness in my heart I let my little brothers and sisters open there presents I see there joy in there faces as they look at there new toy or game as it comes to ma I open my present I soon see a a gaming keyboard and some food I smile and nod and hug my parents will the happiness in side of me After that I take the chocolate and hand it out to some of out close friends as we try to share our happiness with them we help peoples driveway by shoving the snow. Chirstmas Is about giving and not getting (Even tho it is nice to get :3) regardless I hope you all have a merry christmas. NOTE I tried it may not be as good as everyone else's

Reactions: Nix

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
Here's my story, thanks all for reading!

Chad’s Christmas

The piercing wind howls and whistles as chunks of ice and snow twirl around him like a whirlwind of cold. The large figures grabs tighter onto the ropes that lay in front of him. He can hear the jingle of bells and the rustling of bags as he speeds over the rough ocean. He lets out a deep sigh, and his breath is like the smoke of fire in the sub-zero temperatures. As he begins his descent, the lights of the Californian coast come into view through the icy storm. First up, Chad Dunbar.

It was the night before Christmas, and in the home of Chad, the only noises that could be heard was the constant hum of a hard-working computer, and the clicking of keys on a keyboard. As the clock strikes twelve, the sole inhabitant gets up and slowly meanders over to the kitchen. He opens the fridge and grabs a can of soda, covered in droplets of water like a window on a winter’s morning. He begins his slow walk over to his computer when a smooth, deep voice is heard throughout the house. “Still working on V2, are we Chad?” Chad stands still, his previously sleepy eyes now wide open and darting around his office. “Wh-who’s there?” He stutters. Was he going crazy? As Chad began to question his sanity, and slowly creep back to his desk, the voice is heard once more. “How do you get down this thing?!” The voice is quickly followed by a large thud, the shattering of glass and the piercing sounds of clanging metal. Chad quickly grabs the phone on his desk and turns on the torch. He hastily beams light all over his apartment, to reveal a large man with a soft, red coat and well-kept white, flowing hair from his head to his beard. Chad drops his phone, which ends with a nasty smash of glass and phone parts. Santa brushes off his coat and sighs at the broken phone on the floor. “Well, at least I got you a new one!”

“GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!” Chad shouts, now seated and moving towards his chest of drawers on his wheelie office chair. “Calm down, it’s me, Santa, Father Christmas, Nick!” Santa calmly says back. Chad continues to stare at him in disbelief. “Like, KitMencha Nick?” Chad exclaims, obviously still confused and once again questioning his sanity. “No, no, Saint Nick silly!” Chad takes a deep breath and calms himself. “But you’re not real, right?” asks Chad. Santa slowly moves closer toward Chad and hands him a small present. “I normally only do this for those who still believe, but I had a special request from a community very important to you” Chad rips open the present, just like he had done many years ago as a child. He sees a brand new phone, with an envelope titled “to Chad”. Chad looks up at Santa, who returns him a subtle smile. He opens the envelope, and inside is a card. It reads:

Dear Chad!

From everyone here at MCGamer, we thank you for all the work you’ve done recently and please remember that we appreciate all the work of you and the developers. We wish you an amazing Christmas, and a very happy new year. Good luck with V2!

Chad smiles. He looks up to notice that Santa has left, and all he can hear is the jingle of bells. He turns around, and begins typing once more.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I've started [edit: completed] writing the short story :). It's likely going to seem somewhat inspired by "All Summer in a Day" merely because I've read it recently and that's what was on my mind. (Hey, imitation is the finest form of flattery, right? Right?)

A Christmas to Remember

Christmas Day, December 2073

Like a pencil shaving on a blank white sheet, Joseph’s house is barely visible as the snow falls. The old and rugged house that bears far more similarity to an old barn than anything else, a door barely attached to the hinges. Joseph opens it cautiously and shuts it behind him just the same, stepping into the harsh winter before him. Wearing hole-filled boots and a musty green star-patterned scarf in which he conceals his Rudolf-red nose, out he steps out into cold, the chilly wind biting his face and lungs, and his toes turning to ice with each step.

Pressing forward with purpose in the seeming desolate wasteland, he blows his scarce breath into his hands for warmth, as the snow grows steadily deeper, the white ground meeting the gray sky on the horizon. Each step is like a mile in one, and his legs ache as he presses onward. Some say there’s beauty in the snow, it’s pale yet delicate appearance, and perhaps that is true. Crystal after crystal, each unique, but to Joseph, just as freezing. Pulling at his old and torn jacket, he pauses a minute to catch his breath, letting his mind wander a little.

“Darn this snow,” Joseph speaks to himself, the words forming as pale clouds before him. He’s tried to forget, but every snowy christmas reminds him of what he, nay, what they all lost that day, five years ago. How stupid I was for once hating those humid summers, Joseph thinks. How I long for a sweltering heat such as that now, to feel the salty sweat run in my eyes, and the scalding, bright sun on my back.

That day is still impossible to forget.

The electronic billboards under the unusually bright winter sun, all displaying the same message of confidence and assurance. Weather is an unusual beast, one uncontrolled and unpredictable, yet they had mastered it. The small-scale tests had been to great effect, and now they were going to perform their first official large-scale attempt.

We’d screwed this planet up, it wasn’t listening to us anymore, it had put up with our stupidity long enough. Now it was actively rebelling. Destructive storms abounded, wiping out our pitiful attempts at shelter, with terror and chaos abounding. All that would soon change, they told us.

We’ve mastered the weather, they said. You won’t have to hide in your basement any longer. The heat will die down, the storms will be calculated and purposeful. No more lack of water, no more fear or suffering. Heck, they acted like they’d discovered God’s own source of power.

They told us we’d have our christmas snow, and our desperate, pitiful selves put faith in them. Well we got our christmas snow, that we certainly did. They shot those gleaming stars of “hope” into the sky, as they dispersed into smaller and smaller particles. Just like a magic trick, the clouds formed and spread, faster and faster, and the first glistening crystals began to fall from the sky.

I’ll never forget that sight. We were all elated, rejoicing, making snow angels with the few fallen particles, running and yelling with no purpose, reaching out our dry tongues for a chilling taste of a better future. Chilling indeed.

The snow kept falling. They said it would snow for a mere 15 minutes, but an 45 more had passed since the start. We assumed they were showing their control, allowing us a little more pleasure to fully enjoy this experience, but that was far from the truth. Hours more passed, and the people cleared away to their houses, looking for their oft-untouched jackets. Days passed, weeks, and questions started arising. “No comment” became synonymous with scientist, and we were left in the dark, wondering if they’d lost control of what they had been so very confident in.

The weather’d tricked us. It let us think we had conquered it, cut of the head of Medusa, defeated the final boss in the last level of human’s struggle for existence, but that was all wrong. It rebelled against our many tries. Months passed, and countless more stars of different variations went up into those ominously pale clouds. Those stars of past suddenly felt closer to Halley's comet than to a bright gleam of hope. With each failed attempt, the clouds spread further, enclosing us like a helplessly trapped insect. There was no escape. You couldn’t run from that which is omnipresent.

They abandoned us, but what else could they do? Their mild offers of apology, with the clear desperation in their faces, realizing the grim future that awaited us, and the fault of whom it lay with. They ran from our acts of hatred, fearing their own lives would be the cost for ruining so many others’.

Christmas has come and gone five times now, but nobody is celebrating. No cheer or happiness is spread, no vain fights over gift-giving or seats on Santa’s lap. Now we fight over food and produce, work and money, struggling to endure and live but a minute longer. The next generation will never know of a world outside this harsh earth that’s left us for dead, they’ll never feel the warm sun or light rain, never know anything but this unceasing cold.

Joseph looks towards the horizon, a tired look in his eyes, but his jaw firmly set with determination, that final human will to survive no matter what. Delving his still-cold hands deep into his pockets, he trudges further onward into the distance, pushing the depressing memories from his mind.

Like a mirage, he fades into the distant blur of the cold white snow.

END.

I'm going to have some other people review it and give their thoughts, so I may edit it at some point. At the moment I'm satisfied with it, so here is V1.

Fancypants6000

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci