• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To Harassers, Flamers, and Trollers who think they're the best thing since sliced bread...

Are both of these points big problems in the MCSG community?

• Yes, and they both need to stop!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Only trolling/flaming/harassing is a big problem.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Only over-competitiveness is a big problem.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Neither of these are BIG problems, but they should both stop

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, any trolls that see this thread (if there are any) will just troll more. They will know that they are succeeding in pissing everyone off and will continue to do it even more. Although I do agree with both of those points, I don't think there is anything we can do about them. The in-game community has evolved, and in this situation it evolved for the worse.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, any trolls that see this thread (if there are any) will just troll more. They will know that they are succeeding in pissing everyone off and will continue to do it even more. Although I do agree with both of those points, I don't think there is anything we can do about them. The in-game community has evolved, and in this situation it evolved for the worse.
Pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
If this was reddit I would give you gold for that post, but it's not, so take this:
In all seriousness this post was very well stated and something that needed to be said.

DontGriefBro

Platinum
Reaction score
Although I don't prefer the rage that Tomahawk used, he doesn't upload a lot of videos in his full sailor mode and I think it really shows the frustration of being targeted every match. I hope that the targeting happens less and less over time after that video has come out as players start to gain some sympathy for large youtubers on MCSG

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Who are we to change someones thoughts, someones actions? —No one.
Even, when all you said its right, people will continue and continue to defy whats right over whats wrong because its 'fun', and specially because its the internet. Don't take me wrong, but before the internet was nothing... Now, the internet can be as dangerous as real life. And that is what some individuals don't understand... yet.

Have you seen in real life how fans, are brutal and do even the worst for the artist? If they can't physically express it, here in the internet they will verbally do it. Wether, its hate or not they will. And, thinking about it if a celebrity plays certain game, such as MCSG, they will obviously target them. Its something we can't stop. Its the way human nature is.

Internet now a days its a way of life. Discussions, arguments, so on and so on. Now, brilliant, the difference between real life and internet, up to now, is that you can simply ignore it rather than having to face it, face to face. That is brilliant, but again, if people continue to think the internet is a place to joke, to fool others, to harm, to destroy... well, we can already see how this world will become... In fact, the internet is already used as a weapon... A weapon by some countries to hack into other countries systems and deactivate them and then infiltrate. Its also used as a weapon of advertising, which in my opinion, is now even powerful that Television.
And, it can also be your weapon to bullying, to see others suffer for your fun. Which in here enters the category of harassment.
According to the dictionary, harassment means "aggressive pressure or intimidation". Now, basically harassment is someone having fun from the suffer they are causing to some other person. How is harassment done in this community? Depends. In-game or not, verbal harassment is always here. But, the type of harassment most done has to be 'targeting'. Targeting, even when its against the rules, people still defy them and continue. Obviously in the rules says the person must target you several times, but tell me. Who is going to waste their time to actually record each game?

Theres been several ways to diminish targeting, such as the command /disguise. In the past, there used to be /nick, which lets you set your own username It was removed for being abused... Again, abused for 'fun' —they obviously didn't thought others would truly need it. And, MCGamer to prevent this abuse from happening, they came up with the command /disguise. has it stopped any targeting? —Yes it has. It hasn't stopped it completely, due to it not being perfect, as many ways of actually finding out who's the one disguised, but I'm sure MCGamer is already working on it.

The only thing I don't understand is... Why do people have fun from someone else's suffer? Sometimes, I understand people don't realize they are making someone suffer, but I'm rather sure they know in-game when they are making someones time a pain...

In conclusion... Even if we try, if we communicate its not right, it makes others suffer, they will continue to do it. If people were to take internet more seriously they would understand, I bet. But again, mostly they don't take it seriously because they aren't face to face.

Last edited:

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You mixed up competitive game play with being an idiot. Targeting someone off corn to win a game is being competitive as you're doing what you have to do to win. Targeting someone for the pleasure of pissing them off is different.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Although I wholeheartedly agree with everything said in this post, I think that we're to blame as well. The entire forums and community had been overrun with complaints about hackers and trollers, and others of the like. Many people see or hear people raging, and think that it's funny, which leads them to do it. You made some amazing points here Captain, and this is the one thread that doesn't just add fuel to the fire.

cscoop

Platinum
Reaction score
I know people think this is a big problem, but really. We play a game in which youtubers who pander to 12 year old audiences are the main traffic of players coming to the servers. How can you possible expect to make a change in the maturity level of the players when they are all still at an immature age. The best way to cope with the targetters and immature people is to just take a break, and learn to build a freaking bridge and get over it. About the tomahawk thing, he overreacted pretty bad. We all rage at those little immature people, but there aren't really that many. He could have just left and gone to a different server. And after he said all that stuff in his video, Magic posted this on twitter: https://twitter.com/MagicMidget03/status/449789112841547776/photo/1 Him "targetting" someone with a team of 5 or so. He's basically a hypocrite. Rant = Over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci