• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To Harassers, Flamers, and Trollers who think they're the best thing since sliced bread...

Are both of these points big problems in the MCSG community?

• Yes, and they both need to stop!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Only trolling/flaming/harassing is a big problem.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Only over-competitiveness is a big problem.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Neither of these are BIG problems, but they should both stop

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Theoremz

Diamond
Reaction score
this is sooo true!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I mean, some people can't understand that they are playing MCSG for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy playing it, then why are you still here? If MCSG just makes you angry when you die and causes you to flame and rage and accuse hacks every time you die, then why are you still playing?
A. I agree with everything posted.
B. This is 100% irrelevant but I love your signature. Grown Ups 2 xD ...there's a raft in there..? *FOOSH*

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
The more the victim flies off the handle about the abuse, the more entertaining it is.

@ ZebraNation : Hacking/cheating can indeed be fun in games. -,-
((Corollary: said fun lasts for about 5-10 minutes before you're bored of the entire game.))

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well guys, 200,000 years on the planet and the best we've done is sliced bread. *slow clap*

Nevertheless, on a more serious note..
Why do people feel the urge to ruin others' fun? Is it just a natural instinct to be as annoying and destructive as possible? Any experience in a community like this is good experience for being out in the real world. You try to pull some of these stunts out in public, and it could get you in serious trouble.
The only thing I don't understand is... Why do people have fun from someone else's suffer? Sometimes, I understand people don't realize they are making someone suffer, but I'm rather sure they know in-game when they are making someones time a pain...
Actually, I do believe it may be a natural instinct to be "as annoying and destructive as possible." Now while I don't promote or advocate the blatant behavior you two have talked about and described, I think this rhetorical question you asked (Captain) may not be so rhetorical after all. It may very well be perverseness. What is perverse you ask? Well, according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perverseness, it is:

"willfully determined or disposed to go counter to what is expected or desired; contrary."

So essentially doing something just because you know you should not. I believe Edgar Allan Poe described it best in his 1843 short story 'The Black Cat'. In the story, he quotes:

"And then came, as if to my final and irrevocable overthrow, the spirit of PERVERSENESS. Of this spirit philosophy takes no account. Yet I am not more sure that my soul lives, than I am that perverseness is one of the primitive impulses of the human heart - one of the indivisible primary faculties, or sentiments, which give direction to the character of Man. Who has not, a hundred times, found himself committing a vile or a silly action, for no other reason than because he knows he should not? Have we not a perpetual inclination, in the teeth of our best judgment, to violate that which is Law , merely because we understand it to be such? This spirit of perverseness, I say, came to my final overthrow. It was this unfathomable longing of the soul to vex itself - to offer violence to its own nature - to do wrong for the wrong's sake only - that urged me to continue and finally to consummate the injury I had inflicted upon the unoffending brute. One morning, in cool blood, I slipped a noose about its neck and hung it to the limb of a tree; - hung it with the tears streaming from my eyes, and with the bitterest remorse at my heart; - hung it because I knew that it had loved me, and because I felt it had given me no reason of offence; - hung it because I knew that in so doing I was committing a sin - a deadly sin that would so jeopardize my immortal soul as to place it - if such a thing wore possible - even beyond the reach of the infinite mercy of the Most Merciful and Most Terrible God."

Aside from being one of my favorite quotes from the author, I think it describes this process beautifully.

Last edited:

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
Well guys, 200,000 years on the planet and the best we've done is sliced bread. *slow clap*

Nevertheless, on a more serious note..

Actually, I do believe it may be a natural instinct to be "as annoying and destructive as possible." Now while I don't promote or advocate the blatant behavior you two have talked about and described, I think this rhetorical question you asked (Captain) may not be so rhetorical after all. It may very well be perverseness. What is perverse you ask? Well, according to http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/perverseness, it is:

"willfully determined or disposed to go counter to what is expected or desired; contrary."

So essentially doing something just because you know you should not. I believe Edgar Allan Poe described it best in his 1843 short story 'The Black Cat'. In the story, he quotes:

"And then came, as if to my final and irrevocable overthrow, the spirit of PERVERSENESS. Of this spirit philosophy takes no account. Yet I am not more sure that my soul lives, than I am that perverseness is one of the primitive impulses of the human heart - one of the indivisible primary faculties, or sentiments, which give direction to the character of Man. Who has not, a hundred times, found himself committing a vile or a silly action, for no other reason than because he knows he should not? Have we not a perpetual inclination, in the teeth of our best judgment, to violate that which is Law , merely because we understand it to be such? This spirit of perverseness, I say, came to my final overthrow. It was this unfathomable longing of the soul to vex itself - to offer violence to its own nature - to do wrong for the wrong's sake only - that urged me to continue and finally to consummate the injury I had inflicted upon the unoffending brute. One morning, in cool blood, I slipped a noose about its neck and hung it to the limb of a tree; - hung it with the tears streaming from my eyes, and with the bitterest remorse at my heart; - hung it because I knew that it had loved me, and because I felt it had given me no reason of offence; - hung it because I knew that in so doing I was committing a sin - a deadly sin that would so jeopardize my immortal soul as to place it - if such a thing wore possible - even beyond the reach of the infinite mercy of the Most Merciful and Most Terrible God."

Aside from being one of my favorite quotes from the author, I think it describes this process beautifully.
Deep

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci