• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To Harassers, Flamers, and Trollers who think they're the best thing since sliced bread...

Are both of these points big problems in the MCSG community?

• Yes, and they both need to stop!

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Only trolling/flaming/harassing is a big problem.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Only over-competitiveness is a big problem.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Neither of these are BIG problems, but they should both stop

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I know people think this is a big problem, but really. We play a game in which youtubers who pander to 12 year old audiences are the main traffic of players coming to the servers. How can you possible expect to make a change in the maturity level of the players when they are all still at an immature age. The best way to cope with the targetters and immature people is to just take a break, and learn to build a freaking bridge and get over it. About the tomahawk thing, he overreacted pretty bad. We all rage at those little immature people, but there aren't really that many. He could have just left and gone to a different server. And after he said all that stuff in his video, Magic posted this on twitter: https://twitter.com/MagicMidget03/status/449789112841547776/photo/1 Him "targetting" someone with a team of 5 or so. He's basically a hypocrite. Rant = Over.
Except Tomahawk wasn't punching to troll OR spamming.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Gosh, why do I always find the good threads a day late.

Well-written and concise, Captain. I'm glad to see you make this thread, and the message it conveys is great. (The small amount of humor in various places didn't hurt, too :p)

It has come to be accepted that trying to bring yourself up in any society is a "natural human instinct", and sometimes I really can't tell. Everyone seems to want that, and one of the ways they come up with is to bring others down. For some reason, it gives them pleasure or a feeling of self-importance?
This is another one of the large issues within the community. Or rather, the world. (I'm referring to the "Biggest Issue Within the MCSG Community" thread by Harmonicat)
(Curses, I was going to write some essay but then I realized I still have like 30 math assignments to do. fml.)

mathijs3011

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with you. I do like trolling though, but it most stay funny ....

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
You don't play on AU.

AU in my opinion has become a hole from all the targeters, hackers, trash talkers, clans and every other broken rule in the book. I try to play. 1 game, 1 single game and I get abused before the game even starts. People "hate" me ( remember hate is a pretty strong word) because I killed them in game. Of course there are other reasons but none have never been a legitimate reason for abusing/harassing me. Then the game starts. My first game of the day so not expected to do well in but when I go to corn and open a chest, a guy/girl (seen quite some popular girls do this to me) decide to kill me. Is it a tactic? I guess eliminating a possible threat early on yes. Is it fun for me? Not at all! Now this happens about every third game I play.

Another thing that pisses me of about AU is how much trash talking is going on. If I take a screenshot of every person that trash talks me in 1 day, I'd probably have about 20 screenshots and I'm probably being modest even then. Let's take jumping bacon for an example. Now everyone was so happy he got active member on the forums and he seems like a nice guy. Wrong. Jumpingbacon is the biggest keyboard warrior out there and I have no doubt about it. When I was running away from his team which out geared me he said "LOL! Run like you always do little boy." We play mcsg for fun but how can I have fun when this happens almost every game for me? And when I die, boy those comments. To be honest I'm sick of people getting away by border lining the rules and definitely making the game almost impossible to play. (I would write more but I'm at school).

DontGriefBro

Platinum
Reaction score
Who are we to change someones thoughts, someones actions? —No one.
Even, when all you said its right, people will continue and continue to defy whats right over whats wrong because its 'fun', and specially because its the internet. Don't take me wrong, but before the internet was nothing... Now, the internet can be as dangerous as real life. And that is what some individuals don't understand... yet.
so deep

Deliciousfruit1

Survivor
Reaction score
Unless someone finds a way to solve the complete lack of empathy a lot of players seem to have, I don't think there's really a solution to this problem currently. The devs could put band-aids on the problems, and some of them may help, but it's not gonna really stop people from being moronic assholes. Honestly, the only communities I've found that don't become some hacker/rager/douchebag hole are the smaller, closer communities that these people just haven't found yet. And then either they grow and the immature members join, or they fade into obscurity and die. Happened with pretty much every online gaming community I've been in for a while. Right now SG Classic is the island I'm hiding out at, and even that's been getting a flood of hackers, trolls, and other crap these past couple weeks. Might check out Quarter Quell sometime or a different region. Because U.S SG is becoming more and more of a rage-fest.

Last edited:

nba

Diamond
Reaction score
This thread is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Kupi

Diamond
Reaction score
nice thread captain

Side note:ill be creating a group chat with me you and theo about the smp server

MCOnThePCAndrew

Diamond
Reaction score
I know people think this is a big problem, but really. We play a game in which youtubers who pander to 12 year old audiences are the main traffic of players coming to the servers. How can you possible expect to make a change in the maturity level of the players when they are all still at an immature age. The best way to cope with the targetters and immature people is to just take a break, and learn to build a freaking bridge and get over it. About the tomahawk thing, he overreacted pretty bad. We all rage at those little immature people, but there aren't really that many. He could have just left and gone to a different server. And after he said all that stuff in his video, Magic posted this on twitter: https://twitter.com/MagicMidget03/status/449789112841547776/photo/1 Him "targetting" someone with a team of 5 or so. He's basically a hypocrite. Rant = Over.
I agree with what you've said for quite some time about tomahawk and what he has become. Also you didn't respond to my comment on viewer skins 6 WHY YOU DO DIS. But yeah this thread is pretty true.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci