• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To the haters of 1.9. Wake up!

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Sorry for the typos, grammar mistakes, and the overall bad flow of this rant. It is a rant, I really don't care.

Because of so much negativity from the community the devs have decided to work on a triple 1.7/1.8/1.9 protocol to make sure that everybody is happy (Specifically the 1.9 haters). This triple protocol thing is not easy, and while I am not exaclty sure how long it took the devs to prepare, it at least took a decent amount of time. And so now because our devs are so amazing we are one of the only networks in Minecraft history to allow you to log on with three different versions (Don't quote me on that, but I think so lol). There is no way the devs would have gone to such extraordinary lengths if they did not anticipate having to stay on 1.7 support for a while longer. This is because there are simply so many haters, and the developers want the community to be happy.

Anyway my point is this, is complaining about 1.9 so much that you make the devs have to go to these extraordinary lengths really worth it? Lets get this straight, sooner or later you are going to have to switch. At some point all Minecraft servers will switch. It is kind of like the software on your phone. You can use old outdated software versions for a while, but after a certain amount of time it just loses all kinds of support and it just becomes totally outdated.

1.7 is now two versions back. It is gradually heading towards that point. You can try to get every last ounce out of 1.7 like you are making the devs do right now, or you can just accept the future of Minecraft and suck it up. Eventually you are going to be forced to play on 1.9. Now I am not sure if the network is in a position where it could be put on 1.9 today. In fact I think the devs are still preparing for that day. But I say let that day come as soon as the devs are ready. Haters, stop forcing them to waste time creating a system that will allow us to stay on 1.7 support for as long as possible. Lets move forward!

So much time has been lost, and a lot of time will continue to be lost. From developing the triple protocol, to all the complicated fixes that they now will have figure out. This is all time and time is valuable.

How this could have worked if it wasn't for the haters!
The server should have stayed on 1.7 and 1.8 only. All the development should have focused on getting the gamemodes ready for 1.9. In SG for example that means adding shields to chests. Stuff like that. More 1.9 features can be added later, in fact it is probably a good idea to keep things basic at first. If we had done this we could have been on 1.9 within the next few weeks. Oh, and I am pretty sure the devs could have had the server ready for 1.9 today if they wanted. Obviously they wouldn't have updated that soon even if nobody was complaining about the update as you want to wait for the large majority of the Minecraft community to switch. You also want to make sure that Optifine is supporting the version, or at least that Optifine will be supporting it in the near future after you update.

Anyway, like I said based on the development of the triple protocol system it is a signal to me that MCG plans to support 1.7 for quite a while still. And as I pointed out there are still a lot of bugs to be fixed. We have wasted time already, and we will continue to waste more time.

Stuff that could be done with the time we are wasting:
  • Spend more time working on the anti-cheat.
  • Fix bugs.
  • Work on new stuff that is yet to be released.
  • General improvements to the parts of the network that will be here for the long term. Not as a temporary patch to satisfy some stupid haters.
  • Well actually the list is stopping here. Cause the list would go on for ever. You could do pretty much anything with this saved time.
Well that is basically my argument. If you want to challenge it I am open to a civilized debate. If you want my personal opinion on 1.9 I am basically in between liking it and disliking it myself. However, I have accepted that it is the future, and I am focusing on the aspects of it that I like. For example all the new stuff in the Spigot 1.9 release, and the dual wielding concept.

It is time to accept reality and move forward, rather than hold on to the past for as long as possible. Come on people.

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is with some of these communities is that they won't understand that minecraft needs to have new updates to get more players.
Honestly i don't like the PvP but i understand that you have 1.8 pvp which is good.
They added new blocks which is good for building and helps me a lot.
The new boats are really cool too and i really like the new update overall.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The thing is with some of these communities is that they won't understand that minecraft needs to have new updates to get more players.
Honestly i don't like the PvP but i understand that you have 1.8 pvp which is good.
They added new blocks which is good for building and helps me a lot.
The new boats are really cool too and i really like the new update overall.
Yeah lol, from a map maker point of view I bet 1.8 was epic with all the new blocks. Probably really sucked when the haters made MCG switch back after 1.8 maps had already been built. Hopefully they wake up now before they cause more trouble. :p

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Well if people didn't complain would there still be 1.7? No
My point was that you gave no reason why it is worth trying to keep a very outdated version of Minecraft on the network any longer with all the disadvantages in mind.

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
I agree. I too was one of the people at first, who was against the 1.8 change, but now, i guess every game has to be improved. It can't really hurt to try anything out, can it? MCG Network actually cares about it's player base, which is why the Devs are working so hard but people take advantage of this. They're not ready to change. And it's a lot easier to terraform using the new 1.8 and 1.9 blocks. I think that this is a change we should embrace, and not get stuck up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci