• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Today is the day! Updates.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Guys, just note that putting the Leaderboards Update on hold is for the best, so your experience here at MCGamer can be well, it's not too bad to have to wait a couple days, or even a week. Just be patient, and it'll come. :) Just be happy that we're getting the update today.

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
STAHP ;-; this is a thread that is supposed to bring joy to the community - arguing brings the excitement levels down :(

feelzzHD|Nikola

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm reading all the comments right now, and i see so many selfish people. I was prepared to ''no-life'' mcsg these days.. Are you serious?! You play MCSG to get higher on the rank and not for fun? lol ... that's what i thought everybody is going to no life mcsg now... so sad... So many teams and tryhardies ... after the stats reset.. So annoying..

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
STAHP ;-; this is a thread that is supposed to bring joy to the community - arguing brings the excitement levels down :(
I don't even know where the arguments are coming from. They're just spontaneously appearing.
Thankfully, some people have the decency to realize their mistakes and delete their arguments to prevent any further continuing arguments.

Frankly, the amount of misinformation still being spread is stupefying. I'm shocked people are still talking about Stats Reset as if we're actually still doing a Stats Reset. Clearly they haven't been paying attention to THIS ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD that I slaved over to perfect for them. Apparently the mere mention of a reset puts people into a blind fury where they rattle hate from their keyboards before they can read the fact that there is no more global stats reset.

That being said, I want to remind people that Bugs and Unexpected Developments are to be expected when dealing with big projects like this. Heck, what big-name game has ever been released without a few bugs to be patched? Frankly, we're sad to disappoint everyone by not keeping to our original deadline, but delays are better than a premature launch.

As ill-timed as this may be, can you imagine how much more outrage there would be if we launched prematurely? Let me run you through some possibilities:
  • You get 100 wins on your first weekend, and you're #1 on the new leaderboards. Then the leaderboards stats server, which holds all of the valuable leaderboard information, glitches out due to untested implementation. Now you and everyone else is back at 0. All that work for nothing.
  • You try hard for 72 hours straight, playing games to get to the top. Only after those three days do you check the leaderboards and see that nothing has registered. Leaderboard stats and rank update scripts went untested and are utterly nonfunctional. That's a lot of time and effort wasted.
  • Legacy Leaderboards are nonfunctional for the first month, and the Overall leaderboards just plain never work. People see this, falsely believe that their stats have been reset, and promptly flip stuff. Yes, even old leaderboards require testing.
  • The new forums are up, but so half-baked that people would prefer going back to the old forums. But we can't go back to the old forums because they were taken down, and the mcsg.com domain links to the new stuff. People, new and old, leave because of how poor the execution is.
  • Everything crashes and doesn't come back up. It could go down for minutes. It could go down for hours. It could go down for days. People complain when we reset the server, which takes only a few minutes; imagine if something broke so severely that it would take a week to fix! We have to prepare for that contingency too.
There's no arguing that delays suck. But I'd prefer to wait a little longer to live in a perfectly finished house, rather than jumping right into a half-built shack and winding up trapped in the basement because the floor collapsed from under me.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Just for some clarification, is this still MCSG v2? Or because of the stats update its MCSG v3?

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for some clarification, is this still MCSG v2? Or because of the stats update its MCSG v3?
We're not changing anything with MCSG's gameplay or the gametype itself, so MCSG is still V2. We're changing pretty much everything around MCSG that's related to MCGamer, though, so we're considering this update the MCG V2 update.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
We're not changing anything with MCSG's gameplay or the gametype itself, so MCSG is still V2. We're changing pretty much everything around MCSG that's related to MCGamer, though, so we're considering this update the MCG V2 update.
Just clarifying for some people who keep disagreeing with me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci