• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Too Many Mods!?

Do You Agree?

• Yes

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Some Things Yes, Other Things No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Recently, I was looking over the staff list, when I noticed a whopping 35 mods listed (including sr. Mods). I was just thinking that this seems a little extreme. I mean, I know that it's a big server and all, but 35? Another thing that bugs me, some of these mods appear to be brand new users. They should at least have been here for a month before being ranked with that authority. Also, it seems that some of them may have very easily lied about their age, 1/4 of them seem very immature, ending the games when they lose, abusing power, etc. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
Considering the servers have over 1000 slots, 35 mods aren't a lot. You have to consider out of those 35, there is usually about 5 to 8 actually online at any given time. So that's not really a lot.

I can't comment on new users becoming mods, but I trust that the senior staff and admins are picking the right people for the job. They wouldn't be getting the position if they didn't have experience moderating.

As for the rest. Mods can't start death match, only senior staff. Also if you see a moderator abusing their privileges take a screenshot or record a video clip, then send it to the senior staff.

In the end I think having a witch hunt mentality about this is the wrong idea. Mods give up there free time to help keep the servers clean and fun. Since I've became a mod I've maybe played 2 actual games, the rest of the time I"m watching games and dealing with player issues.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Okay smart guy,
For the first part, 5-8 people just staring at the forums and refreshing is a little over-kill isn't it?

Please, they probably choose the one that sounds the best, and that doesn't work to due the fact anyone can put random crap in.

I'll keep that in mind.

Kind of like how players give up free time to play? And do you really have to be checking every 5 minutes, aren't there like 7 other mods online who can do that also?

Rtzon

Tribute
Reaction score
I feel that there are a good amount of mods. The only thing I think is weird is that how some Moderators haven't ever posted on the forums...

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
mods do more than watch the forums they also haveto monitor the chats ingame, and 36 seperate games are a lot to police, even with the now 35 total mods/sr. mods :/

an to be honest id rather there be more than enough than not enough mods. :/

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
More mods = less hackers/spammers.

We have a 100slot teamspeak3 server to look after, a forum with over 20'000 registered members, including many, many abuse reports and ban disputes to check and double check and triple check, and 1200 slots on the servers to look after. And we are still in beta. And your telling me 35 mods is too much?

*facepalm*

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
When Chad first talked about the adding mods, he said that he wanted at least 30 mods.

supermuddypuddle

Experienced
Reaction score
why dose this concern you? the only harm it is doing is to people who are breaking the rules. ive also heard from some people (not to be specified) that you are a major hacker although they have no proof if they are right (not saying they are) but i could see why this concerns you.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Another thing I would like to add, recently I was interviewed by 2 admins, to become a mod. All they did was pull up crap on how I didn't agree with every single thing they did, do I have to? We were given free will for a reason, it's truly not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci