• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Unfair items! (Hobo Stick,Strength Potions,Smite 5 and all other OP Stuffs)

Should OP Stuffs be removed from each specific map?

• Total voters

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I know there was probably a few posts like this but i am begging owner or admins to remove the OP items.
Who got those items first is 100% a winner.
I got instant kill by someone who was using iron sword with potion of strength II as he/she told me she had strength II.
Seriously please remove this things it is so unfair that these items can only be found on specific map in specific locations using block glitching or something impossible just so you can get them.
Around 80% of people do not know where are OP items or they probably do not know what i am talking about right now. [Hobo Stick,Strength Potions,Iron Sword Smite 5,(I know that enchantment is useless but it is iron sword which is only there and it can not be found in any chest) and many other.

All i want is a fair MCSG server with no OP Items so that every chest has the same items to make gameplay fair!

I am repeating OP items can only be found in specific map in specific location using specific tactic to get to them or in the worst situation using block glitching or other illegal moves!!!

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I actually like things like hobo sticks that reward knowledge and strategy, but all of these items are illegal and you can get kicked for using them.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow i dont see what kick can do they will still do it.
I am asking myself is it really hard to remove those items!
Why owner or admin wont remove them?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think the Iron sword with smite 5 is illegal, but the other ones are offenses and you will get kicked when caught using them. The iron sword is just an iron sword, and it's hard to get because you have to sacrifice 4 items and also you have to take the time and effort to position them properly. It has no large advantage other than intimidation because iron is so easy to find anyways.
And actually, it is a lot of effort to simply remove something from a map. First, they have to create a save file where the OP items are removed, replace it with the current version and then take all the servers down for a few minutes to push out the update. It may not be that hard, but it also takes time away from when you could be playing. Maybe they will fix it in the next update, but they won't update the servers simply to remove a few illegal items.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
First of iron sword with smite 5 is not reachable unless you destroy a block and take it out of dispenser i think.
And please i want people to remove them so plz everyone vote to remove them.

¡Sam!

Diamond
Reaction score
First of iron sword with smite 5 is not reachable unless you destroy a block and take it out of dispenser i think.
And please i want people to remove them so plz everyone vote to remove them.
You are wrong, you can simply place four items under the item frames.
MCSG wouldn't accept a map that forced players to abuse rules just to get an item. All in all, they may fix it soon, but if they don't please just be patient. If items like the Smite V sword are legal, than why not use them to your advantage.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow so everyone thinks OP items should stay i cant stand this i literally do not know where Op items and probably 80% of people also do not know and those 20% of people who know are just using that to advantage!!!
Arhhhhhhh!!!

MattZeeX

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wow so everyone thinks OP items should stay i cant stand this i literally do not know where Op items and probably 80% of people also do not know and those 20% of people who know are just using that to advantage!!!
Arhhhhhhh!!!
We're not saying they should stay, we're saying that some of these "OP" weapons aren't actually OP. The OP weapons are in the process of being taken out, the admins have to review if the item is OP and if it is, is it easily obtainable or do you have to do a hard trial to get to it. Let's be honest, if you have to do 10 minutes worth of parkour over lava I'm sure (for example) an iron sword is fine. Now, the Smite V Iron Sword isn't open, it's just a regular iron sword (Smite only works on undead monsters) and you have to give up 4 items to get it anyway, if you block-glitch it out the back, you'll get kicked or even banned (so don't do it)!

I can't speak for the other items but there is a reason they're still in the maps, they're not OP or they're about to be taken out.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Finally someone understand me thank you for your reply MattZeex.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Finally someone understand me thank you for your reply MattZeex.
The only difference between his post and everyone else's posts on this thread are that he's a mod, and knows some of the background information on what's going on. Everyone else gave the same general idea of what was in his post, so it offends me that only care about his post.

Mauro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
He is the only one that voted yes to remove the items and you voted not to remove them.
That is difference between you and him.
And also i would rather trust moderator than a normal person just saying.

Reaction score
In the beta v1 Chest Update servers (US1-10) that had the chest update had most the items removed because they had the alternate save file as @HalfSquirrel had said. Unfortunately the chest update was not popular and so the servers are still on the old v2 chest files where they are not removed yet. But this means that when another major update comes out (there is no definate date), the items will be removed since the staff is fully aware of these items.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci