• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

View on 'EZ' and 'REKT'

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Okay, so I am going to say what I think being punished for disrespect (Ez, Rekt, L2p, etc...). People should be allowed to disrespect, it is part of the game, and a part of life. I look at it as being rude or disrespectful. I do not see it as something being punished. When people disrespect a player, the player being disrespected can do 1 of 2 things; they can shrug it off and have fun with it, or they can get butthurt and start flaming and causing arguments. If any of you league players watch trick2g, he disrespects all the time and has a fun time with it. When you disrespect, you are doing it to have fun, and the player you are disrespecting can choose if they want to get mad or not. Any other game allows it, because it is a way of having fun and a way of being competitive. It is like talking smack to someone, if you kill them you have all the right to talk smack, sure being disrespectful is frowned upon, but being punished? Hell no. Me, myself talk a lot of smack in league and it is a way of increasing the competition of the game. If people get mad, it is their fault only, so the player disrespecting should never be punished. This is pretty much all I have to say, but tell me what you have to think down below.

Etos

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't really see why you encourage disrespecting, some people get very upset when someone says something disrespectful and I don't think there is much anyone can do to get staff to allow disrespecting.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
I don't really see why you encourage disrespecting, some people get very upset when someone says something disrespectful and I don't think there is much anyone can do to get staff to allow disrespecting.
I encouraged it? I just said it should NOT be punished. Again, it is the player who gets butthurt's fault for getting sad. If you seriously get mad and upset when someone says "Rekt" than you need to take a break. It is even more sad if you get depressed because it is a game where people say things, they aren't even saying anything personal about you.

J

District 13
Reaction score
At first, I thought the trash-talking filter was a great idea, however, now that I see players can easily bypass it. I know that MCGamer wants to do their best for the community, however, I've come to realize that trash-talking is a part of the game and players need to deal with it. If there was a perfect solution to solving this though, I would definitely support that idea but as of right now, I think players should just learn how to deal with trash-talking.

HadEnough

Spectator
Reaction score
Tell that to the people that killed themselves because of cyberbullying.

No, things desperately needed (and still need) a change, and telling all our members to "suck it up" is not a very good plan.
Couldn't have put it better myself. This explains why the MCG staff have to do this. Yes maybe its not the same as being constantly targeted over a social media site. Disrespect has a competitive side to it. If someone is targeted, then they die to that player in a way. The "rage" is going to boil up. If then that targeter was to disrespect. Things just snap and the player gets angry. It happens to us all, and it causes problems for the player the disrespect was directed to, as they may try bypass themselves/get mad at other things they shouldn't be.

Anger isn't a choice, people don't choose to get mad and go starting flame. It happens away, some people are better at walking away from things than others. The Filter helps everyone, and I think it's here to stay.

EtherealEU

Survivor
Reaction score
If you think that trash talking or whatever is a good idea, you're easily mislead. What's the point of it? To be an arrogant asshole? If you beat someone once and say eZ, you're not better than them. This is a block game made for 10 year olds, please, shut up with the idea of removing the filter.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Tell that to the people that killed themselves because of cyberbullying.

No, things desperately needed (and still need) a change, and telling all our members to "suck it up" is not a very good plan.
Cyberbullying is not saying 'ez' and 'rekt'. Cyberbullying is when people purposely make fun of someone and call them 'fat' or 'ugly', so learn what cyberbullying is before posting.
Couldn't have put it better myself. This explains why the MCG staff have to do this. Yes maybe its not the same as being constantly targeted over a social media site. Disrespect has a competitive side to it. If someone is targeted, then they die to that player in a way. The "rage" is going to boil up. If then that targeter was to disrespect. Things just snap and the player gets angry. It happens to us all, and it causes problems for the player the disrespect was directed to, as they may try bypass themselves/get mad at other things they shouldn't be.

Anger isn't a choice, people don't choose to get mad and go starting flame. It happens away, some people are better at walking away from things than others. The Filter helps everyone, and I think it's here to stay.
When people rage then I mean it is their fault for being offended for such words and trash talking. The user has to learn to deal with being trash talked, it is a part of a game, and life.
If you think that trash talking or whatever is a good idea, you're easily mislead. What's the point of it? To be an arrogant asshole? If you beat someone once and say eZ, you're not better than them. This is a block game made for 10 year olds, please, shut up with the idea of removing the filter.
What do you mean if someone beats you and say 'ez' they aren't better than you? If they beat you in that fight they have all the rights to disrespect. I never said to remove the filter, just nobody should ever be banned or anything for doing it.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Cyberbullying is not saying 'ez' and 'rekt'. Cyberbullying is when people purposely make fun of someone and call them 'fat' or 'ugly', so learn what cyberbullying is before posting.

When people rage then I mean it is their fault for being offended for such words and trash talking. The user has to learn to deal with being trash talked, it is a part of a game, and life.

What do you mean if someone beats you and say 'ez' they aren't better than you? If they beat you in that fight they have all the rights to disrespect. I never said to remove the filter, just nobody should ever be banned or anything for doing it.
With your logic, I could beat someone at chess, then flick them off and tell them to kiss my butt. And apparently it's their fault for being offended. That makes no sense. Just because you were the better player doesn't mean you get to be a complete #$!@%&7&.

Acerbity

Tribute
Reaction score
With your logic, I could beat someone at chess, then flick them off and tell them to kiss my butt. And apparently it's their fault for being offended. That makes no sense. Just because you were the better player doesn't mean you get to be a complete #$!@%&7&.
well, that would be obnoxious. You guys are just stretching what he said and practially putting words in his mouth. I agree with him.

Now, abusive words should be filtered, not words like ez, rekd, others.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
I said that? No. Ez is not the same thing as -snip- you and cursing. Ez and Rekt are simple terms when you kill someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

HadEnough

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start any flame here. Though I agree with you in some aspects. However, the world doesn't work like that. If people could just learn to put up with things and not get mad about it, there wouldn't be any terrorist attacks etc.
Things must adapt to people quickly, as people can't adapt to them quickly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci