• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Wairau

Should this map be added to MCSG?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
IMPORTANT:

We are doing a complete revamp of the map, the only thing we are keeping is the theme and the builds. Terraforming is getting a complete re haul, as this has caused some problems as seem throughout the comments. We will keep the thread open until this is ready, then (given it's almost a new map) close this thread and open a new one. So give us your feedback, and we will see you soon!

Pic1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The story of Wairau
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a desolate island somewhere in the pacific, a group of explorers were working their way around a different climate to what they know. They discovered a small valley that had a climate that was even more different than the rest of the island. It was extremely arid, and little did they know the perfect climate for growing grapes. In fact, a few of them stayed they liked the area so much. They set up a small farming village, And became the first to settle in what they called the Wairau valley (Which meant dried river valley in their language).They bought over settlers from their homeland, but they village never took off, there just wasn't enough room to expand in huge amounts.

Years later, a young but fairly rich entrepreneur looking to expand into any business he could find was given information on this new lucrative but unexplored land. He entered the area over the hills and very quickly came across the old town which now lay in ruins. He claimed the whole area of land as his, and began to very quickly set up vineyards, along with winery's to bring people into the area. He also built a small town, known as Blenheim, and rapidly expanded it to mass produce fruit and meat. But one day, not too long after the set up of his second winery, the entrepreneur was struck with an unknown illness that killed him very quickly. All the land in Wairau was now owned by no one, and being the lucrative area that it was, huge fights broke out over the valley. It turned violent very quickly, so the major rulers of the world help a special summit meeting. Their final decision was that everyone who wanted to have full rights to Wairau and the fortune that came with it, must fight to the death. This narrowed the contestants down to a mere Twenty four. You are one of them, and spread out over the Wairau valley are many different piles of loot. Find these, gear up and win the survival games!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map facts:
The map's dome has a 250 radius

There are 173 chests

24 player Cornucopia

Many traps, redstone contraptions, and Easter eggs!

Spawn is at X=0 Y=70 Z=0

Map made by bentomkeke and Gibby_MC

Screenshots:

Pic9.jpg

Pic2.jpg
Pic4.jpg

Pic3.jpg
Pic5.jpg
Pic6.jpg
Pic7.jpg
Pic8.jpg
Pic10.jpg

Default: http://imgur.com/a/N36gg#0

To all: This map does appear to be like Chernobyl as the trees are of similar style. However I assure you, the theme/style is completely different; Chernobyl is based off a broken down nuclear power station, whereas Wairau is set in a valley immersed in wine growing and producing. We are not trying to recreate the style of this map or any others, we have tried to make Wairau unique from other maps. Please keep this in mind.

-----------------------------------------------------
MAP CHANGE LOG:

20/3/2014
Re updated thread due to Dave changing the forums

21/3/2014
Put up default screenshots

------------------------------------

I, bentomkeke agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
It misses a bit of terraforming, but it looks very nice...

benji_r

Career
Reaction score
It misses a bit of terraforming, but it looks very nice...
Not so well terraforming. Looks a little plain. Nothing I could do but just saying my opinion!
I know it looks like there's not much terraforming, making it come off a little plain, but it's meant to look that way, giving off the image of the bottom of the valley.

JuanTwoThree

Survivor
Reaction score
I know it looks like there's not much terraforming, making it come off a little plain, but it's meant to look that way, giving off the image of the bottom of the valley.
If its ment to look that way I would give it a bit of changing and add some. Not being a jerk but if you want your map on mcsg thats how our community is!

JuanTwoThree

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback! As builders of the map we really value the opinions of the public. Even though this is in the finished maps segment of the forums, we know that there is always room for improvement! Although your feedback about the map is valued, I would like to kindly like to invite you to with-hold your proclamations about the community seeing as you've only been a member of the forums for 2 weeks :).
This is actually a new account :) I was active member on my old one :D

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Please keep the comments on this thread about the map
No need to be so nitpicky, he was just replying to something.

As for the map, what you have isn't bad at all. I think you might want to add a little bit more variation in the land. You can stick to the fairly flat theme, but maybe try to just add more slight height variance. It helps make the map more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci